Status: not sure how long this will be, will write as inspiration hits me (which seems quite often with these two)

Maybe I Can Ease the Ache

Chapter 9

Rachel took the three tests, her hands shaking uncontrollably. After washing her hands she took the tests and walked out to her room. Her mom was sitting on her bed and Rachel could tell she was worried. “It’s going to be okay no matter what.” She whispered, squeezing Rachel’s hand and pulling her into a hug. “Listen to me. You will be okay. You will achieve all your dreams. You will have the support of your friends and family. If you are pregnant, we’ll figure something out. If not, then it was just a scare and you know to be more careful.” Shelby tried to calm her daughter but it wasn’t really working.

“Tell me about this guy….Brody you said?” She prodded, trying to distract Rachel from the potential life changing tests in her hands. Rachel smiled thinking about the man she was quickly falling in love with. A small blush appeared on her cheeks and she bit at her lip.

“He’s…..I can’t even describe him. He’s amazing…” She nearly giggled. Shelby asked how they had met seeing the adoring expression on Rachel’s face. “We uh….we met in the coed bathrooms at Nyada. It was like 3am and I went to the bathroom and was putting lotion on my face as he came out of the shower.” She blushed and Shelby knew that there was definitely a strong attraction between her daughter and this man. “He’s a junior, musical theater major like me, uh..we were just friends for awhile….then Finn and I broke up and he was there for me. We’ve been dating for about a month…” she trailed off knowing that her mom would realize the baby, if there was a baby, was conceived before they started dating. “I think…I think I’ve fallen in love with him.” She whispered nerves and love tinged her voice. Shelby smiled and kissed Rachel’s forehead.

“Sounds like a great guy I can’t wait to meet him…” Shelby said, knowing that her daughter may have met the love of her life. Shelby paused knowing that the three minutes the tests required had definitely passed. “Sweetie,” she whispered. “Are you ready to find out?” Rachel turned her eyes down to the tests in her lap, nerves returning.

“Not really…” she muttered knowing that it was something that needed done. She flipped the first test over, freezing at the pink plus sign on the stick. Shelby rubbed her thumb against Rachel’s free hand, silently letting her know that she was there. She did the same with the second test. Positive. Knowing that the third test would probably say the same but praying that she had gotten two false positives she flipped the third test over. “I….I’m pregnant…” Rachel whispered in disbelief. She felt tears start to roll down her face and she started to sob uncontrollably. Shelby pulled Rachel into her arms knowing that her daughter was scared and confused.

“Shhh….” She cooed. “It’s alright sweetie.” She rubbed her hand against Rachel’s back. “I’m here for you. Your dads are here for you. Kurt is here for you, and I’m sure Brody will be here for you, no matter what you decide to do.” Rachel’s sobbing slowly began to stop, her face falling into a peaceful sadness.

“What do I do?” She whispered hesitantly. “What if he leaves me?” She knew he probably wouldn’t but the fear was still there. She wasn’t sure what she wanted to do. Though in the back of her mind she knew she could never have an abortion or give her child up for adoption. Shelby continued to rub her back until Rachel fell asleep. She left a note by the bed before leaving to return home to her younger daughter.

I love you. Everything is going to be okay. Just remember that. And talk to Brody sweetie.
♠ ♠ ♠
there you go. She's pregnant.