Status: this is not going to be continued for a bit

Without You, There is No Me

eight

I’m with my therapist and she’s asking me weird things like if I’ve had sex with Vic or how long I’ve known him.

“Why does this matter?”

“It’s just simple questions I was told to ask you.”

“Who told you to ask me?”

“None of it matters, just answer them please.”

So I answer truthfully, knowing she can’t legally tell anyone and then one question throws me off.

“Are you in love with this boy?”

I don’t answer because then it’s time to go.

~

I get a phone call after therapy from someone I don’t know.

“Is this Cat?” they ask.

“Yeah, who’s this?”

“This is Mike, I’m Vic’s brother.”

“Where’s Vic?”

“He’s not doing so well.”

“What’s wrong?”

“He just- he took too many pills and now he won’t do anything. He’s out of the hospital and he just sits in his room.”

He gives me his address and I drive there without even telling my mom and dad.

~

When I heard he wasn’t doing well, I thought he’d be better than this. He doesn’t look at me when I come into his room. He just lies on his bed and looks out the window. I sit on the edge of the bed
near him and try talking to him.

“Whatever it is, I’m here. You always have me.”

That gets him to look at me, and he motions me to lie down next to him by moving the blankets. So I do, and I put my head on his chest and he keeps me close. We stay like that for a while and then he starts to speak.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call you back.” He croaks.

“Don’t be sorry, just tell me what happened.”

He stays quiet for a few minutes, and I think he does it to prevent tears from flowing. I sit up along with him and kiss his cheek, hoping it provides some reassurance that I will never judge him. So I put my head on his shoulder and I let him speak.

“I called you because I knew after what happened that things were going to be bad. I was worried about you, but then my dad got home and he was drunk and a mess. Mike wasn’t home, thank god, but I wish I wasn’t either. My dad literally beat the shit out of my mom. You didn’t see her earlier because she’s locked herself in her room because she’s embarrassed.”

He tells me what happened that night and how his dad is gone for good now.

“The worst part about it was that he did it because he thinks my mom is the reason for me being fucked in the head.”

~

I let him tell me everything he needs to say, I let him cry when he needs to, and I let him just be silent. The only thing I can really do is be there and assure him that I am listening.

He thanks me and I don’t know why and he says for being amazing, but honestly I would want someone there to be with me if I had just gone through with that.

“Don’t ever thank me for something like this, you deserve someone to be here for you.” I whisper to him. And he kisses me again, but it’s not like the one on my porch it’s needy, like he needs to know that I’m not leaving. So I kiss him back for a while and he pulls away and hugs me close, I think he’s crying because we stay like that for a while, but it was all okay.

I peck him on the lips again and rest my head on his shoulder again. He talks and I listen for a while and then after that it’s a comfortable silence that no one seems to mind.

~

The next thing I know I wake up in his room with my head on his chest.

The sun is coming up, but Vic is up humming something while keeping his arms around me.

I smile and doze back off for a bit.

~

I’m hesitant to leave, but we both know I’m going to be in trouble. I get home and no one is there so I call my mom. She’s upset at first, but after the lie that we stayed on the couch with his mom and I fell asleep seemed to calm her down.

A few hours later someone knocks at my door and I walk up answering it with a smile when I see who it is.

Vic is standing there with roses and smiling at me. I take the roses and pull him into a hug. He hugs back tightly and laughs softly.

“What are you doing here?” I smile.

“I came here to thank you for yesterday and ask you on an official date.”

“Well go ahead.” I nudge.

“Cat, will you go on a date with me?”

“Of course I will.” I smile. I hug him again and kiss his cheek.

~
♠ ♠ ♠
i like this chapter it makes me smile :~)
comments and recs would be lovely!!
follow me on twitter if you'd like @holdontilllmay :))))