Status: This is for the Mibba user, Grey fullbuster. I hope you like it!

Fairy Tail, the Secret Files

Wendy's Mission

That night Gray tried to relax, but he was all tense. Wendy’s mission didn’t look easy in the slightest. This friend of hers must be important to take on a mission of that magnitude. The more Gray thought about the mission, the more he worried. He wanted more than just Natsu with him. Perhaps he should ask Lucy? She was a good Celestial wizard and at this point Gray needed all the help he could get. The only problem was they would be leaving in the morning. He needed to ask Lucy tonight. Gray left his house and headed for Lucy’s, hoping she was home.

The ice wizard brought his hand to Lucy’s door and knocked. “Lucy, are in?” He asked, making sure he was heard.

A minute passed and then the blonde haired wizard opened her door. She gave Gray a surprised look. “What are you doing here, Gray?” She questioned.

Gray let out a sigh and said, “I need your help.”

She frowned, “With what?”

“There’s this mission that Wendy needs help with and normally Natsu and I would be fine, but this is a high ranked mission and it looks difficult.”

Understanding filled Lucy’s once skeptical eyes and she nodded. “I get it. Don’t worry I’ll help you guys out.”
“Thank goodness!” Gray said exuberantly.

“When’s the mission?” She asked.

“Tomorrow morning,” he said.

“It’s that early?” Lucy gaped.

He nodded, “I’m sorry to spring this on you so late, but I just got the mission earlier today. It couldn’t really be helped.”

Lucy nodded, “Okay that’s fine.”

“See you in the morning,” Gray said and walked away, feeling a little less tense. He hoped this wouldn’t be as hard as it originally had been.

~*~

The morning of the mission, all four wizards were waiting for the train to the desolate mountain area. It was taking its time to arrive. Gray tried to make small talk while they were waiting. “So Lucy, how are you and Loke doing?”

Once the words were out of his mouth, he instantly regretted them. Lucy let out a deep sigh and said, “I broke up with him. He’s the jealous type and even though I told him I wasn’t dating those guys I was talking to, he didn’t believe me.”

Gray gulped, “I’m sorry. You deserve someone better.”

Lucy smiled then and said, “Thanks. You’re a good friend Gray.”

The train arrived then and the gang got on it.

~*~

An unsettling feeling rested in Gray’s stomach. He couldn’t shake the feeling that something horrible was going to happen. Perhaps he was being melodramatic, but gut feelings should always be trusted.

Gray stared out the window of the train, his mind a jumbled mess. This mission wouldn’t be easy, but that wasn’t what was eating at him. What stage were Natsu and him at? Sure, they had gone out on a date, but this mission had sprung up on them suddenly. He didn’t mind helping Wendy out, but he wanted to know what he and Natsu were.

Gray let out a sigh and then he felt someone’s eyes on him. He looked and saw Lucy staring at him with a frown on her face. “What is it?” Gray asked her.

Lucy shrugged, “You’re the one who sighed. Are you alright?”

Gray nodded, “More or less.”

That answer didn’t seem to quite satisfy Lucy. She kept staring at him, before finally saying, “Don’t lie to me Gray. Something’s up.”

Gray groaned, “Alright there is something that’s been bothering me.”

Lucy grinned, “Ha! I knew it!”

Lucy suddenly grabbed his shoulder and took him to the side, out of earshot from Natsu. “Now will you tell me what’s up?”

Gray nodded and Lucy let go of his arm. “It’s just before this mess with the mission Natsu and me had a great date, but now I’m wondering if he feels the same thing I feel for him.”

Lucy nodded sympathetically, “How do you feel?”

Gray let out a deep breath, “I truly care for him. I want to be more than just a friend to him.”

Lucy grinned, “I’m sure he feels the same. The way Natsu looks at you is genuine.”

Gray’s eyebrows furrowed, “How does he look at me?”

“He looks at you like you’re the only one in the room.”

Gray’s face reddened. Lucy giggled, “It’s the truth. So stop stressing.”

Gray nodded and the two of them headed back to their seats.