Status: Slowly working on it

Rituals

Grime of The Century-Orgy

I watched over her.It was just something I felt I had to do, considering her past.She lived with me and it wasn't a great secret.To say I was freaking out on the inside was being mild.My guitar's strings were almost broken in my attempt to calm down and wait for Max.My hands were shaking and I was about half a minute away from calling Amir and spilling everything.She'd kill me for it and if anything the look my own damn brother was giving me, I was possibly running the risk of getting killed no matter what.

"Quit shaking, Monte, or so help me god." Micheal threw a damned magazine at me and it smacked me upside the head.I glared at him and threw it back. "Just call Amir, damnit, before I fucking do.He'll be glad to know she's even alive, despite how much he might kill you for fucking losing her again."

"I lost her!I lost her!Last time I checked, you live here too.It's as much your fault as it is mine." I snapped back at him. He glared at me and pulled out my phone.

" I'm about five seconds away from calling Amir and delivering your sorry ass to him so you can explain why everyone at Coffin neglected to inform him that his friggin' wife has been here in L.A. the whole time.The man's been freaking out.She's his mate.He has every right to know where she is." I scoffed at Micheal and turned my nose up at him.He knew my opinion of the mate thing. "Just because Max hasn't reacted doesn't mean it's not real."

"I'll never be Max's mate.He's in love with Colt." I threw my hands up in the air and fisted my hair.Stress just ran higher and higher between us and it escalated to the point where I just burst into tears.

"Monte, dude, it's going to be fine." I found myself buried in Max's leather jacket, pulled tight to his chest. "We're going to find her, after you explain to Amir how the Money brothers managed to lose her." I whined and he kissed the top of my head. "Don't worry, Monte.I blame Micheal more than you."

"I don't smell anyone else here." Craig had a light growl to his voice and I picked my head up, making myself more comfortable nuzzling his neck.Just because I gave up on hope of him ever having feelings for me didn't mean that I wouldn't take the attention that he gave me. "Maybe she just left on her own."

"She took her wedding and engagement rings.She only wore them when she was having dealings with the Rogues behind Amir's back to protect him and work her way through the Underground to find out about Leila.It's been months since she touched them." I pulled myself away from Max unwillingly and dried my eyes. "She'd have told me before she went off."

"Unless she got a tip out of nowhere.You know as well as I do that she tends to disappear when she wants to.Just like Amir." Max reached up and played with his lip rings, a quirk I noticed he did when he was nervous.He began pacing and Micheal set my phone in my hand.

"Get calling, Monte.This is going to be a long week." Micheal walked past me and I just glared at him.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the one he'll kill the least." Max started pacing.This was not looking good at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love.