Status: In progress

One of Those Nights

The Next Morning

The next morning Mila scrambled around Mike's room for her clothes, trying not to make a sound. She thought if she were quiet enough she could sneak out unnoticed and be done with the mess that she had put herself in.

But when she got up from the floor in just her underwear, holding her dress in her hands, he was there, propped up on his elbows, gazing at her intently.

"Did we have sex last night?" He asked.

She quickly covered her breasts with her dress and cocked an eyebrow at him.

Mila Kerr sure knew how to pick them.

"Do you want breakfast?" He asked, ignoring his first question, figuring it was a stupid one after all.

Mike usually wasn't the type to stall a girl after a late night rendezvous, but he felt different about Mila.

He studied her physique. She had long flowing blonde locks that sat below her shoulders and naturally large lips with eyes as green as grassy hills. The combination had him curiously wanting more of her.

Mila on the other hand wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Finding an excuse, she quickly spoke."No... It's okay. I have to be back in LA tonight and my parents are probably wondering where I am."

She wasn't half lying.

"LA?"

"I live there," she said promptly. "Remember?"

Mike could only remember the part where she said she was staying with her parents in San Diego for the weekend. He didn't remember much else because his mind was clouded from last nights antics - A concoction of whiskey and weed.

He continued to stare at her half naked body. Her light pink underwear complimented her honey skin in the midday sunshine. Mike wanted her again and again.

"Yeah, yeah of course," he lied. "Are you sure you can't fit me in?"

Mila bit her lip. "I'm sorry," she apologized.

"What about your number?" He pressed.

Mike wasn't one to give up so easily. If he wanted something, her pursued that something until he got it.

Mila looked down to the soft, creamy coloured carpeted floor of Mike's bedroom and then to her clutch purse which lay amongst the evidence of last nights shenanigans.

Mike sighed feeling her discomfort. "I'll close my eyes until you put your dress on. But I still want your number."

Immediately, he closed his eyes and with a sense of relief, Mila threw on her dress, reaching for her clutch and opening it. She dug around for a moment before pulling out her business card.

"Here," she said walking to his bed side as Mike opened his eyes, pleased with her response.

"Mila Kerr, personal stylist," he read out loud. "Impressive."

She dipped her head, a light peachy colour filling her cheeks. "Yeah," she muttered. "I'm... Uh... I'm going to go," she concluded causing Mike to leap to his feet, aware he was still completely naked.

Mike’s forwardness made Mila's peachy coloured cheeks turn into a shade of ruby in a matter of seconds.

She wasn't used to boys like Mike. Then again she had never partaken in a one night stand before.

Mike just grinned as he walked past her, his bare backside now in her view as he slipped on a pair of briefs that previously sat folded on his dresser.

He still had Mila's card in his hand.

She picked up her heels trying to avoid eye contact and followed Mike down the hallway.

If anything, he had a nice place. Dark wood floors complimented dark wood furniture and array of nicely photographed pictures filled the coffee coloured walls.

From what Mila gathered, he was in a band.

"Yo, Mikey, what do you think about this support for the tou- well, hello," a voice, which belonged to a boy that looked a lot like Mike, greeted as the two reached the open lounge room.

Mila wanted to die as she felt the eyes of three boys fall on her.

Mike scratched the back of his head. "Uh... boys, this is Mila. Mila, the boys," he mumbled. "Tony, Jaime and my brother, Vic," he concluded pointing to each one of them.

She mumbled a quick 'Hi' before turning her head downwards towards the floor, wanting nothing more than to slip right through the cracks.

"Hi," they said in unison, all too enthusiastically as she grazed passed the lounge and directly to the front door, fidgeting with the knob.

Mike laughed slightly, watching her nervously open the door as he approached her.

"Sorry about that," he muttered behind her as she stepped out into the hall of the apartments. "Vic lives here but I don't know what the others are doing here. Probably a band meeting."

Mila didn't bother questioning. She didn't even think twice when he mentioned the words ’band’ and ’meeting’. She was mortified at this point, ashamed by her actions.

"I'm uh... going to get going," she nodded. "I think I've embarrassed myself enough."

Mike didn't question the girls abruptness. Instead he watched her walk down the hall of apartment doors and to the elevator.

She held her shoes in her hand tightly, regretful of last night.

He closed the door once she was out of sight and disappeared back into his apartment, ready to face the rest of his band.

"Dude, what the fuck? She would have easily been a ten," He overheard Jaime say.

Easily," Tony agreed.

"Thanks, assholes," Mike mumbled, tossing Mila’s business card onto the kitchen counter which separated the lounge room from the kitchen.

"You knew we had a band meeting this morning," Vic defended.

"Who the fuck has a band meeting on a Sunday?" He groaned as he ran his free hand through his hair, trying to ready himself for the day ahead.

“First you gotta give us the lowdown,” Tony informed, pointing towards the door. “How was she?”

Mike took a seat besides his brother, a sly grin creasing across his mouth.

“Honestly, I can’t remember,” he shrugged, trying to act differently in front of the boys. “But I got her number."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of those who subscribed, recommended and especially those who commented. This story starts off slow but it will get interesting very shortly.