Status: In progress

One of Those Nights

Four Letter Word

There are moments in life we mentally savor. We store them in the backs of our minds, allowing them to become memories so that at a later time we can relive them. Some bring us pain, others bring us joy.

Mila took in her surroundings. She took in the colorful lights as they bounced off of the stage and danced in motion, the heat that expelled from crowd of cheering fans, the smell of musk, body odor and metal and of course, the sound of Pierce The Veil as they launched into their last song for the evening. This was a moment, a memory of joy.

To her right stood Adam Elmakias - one who didn't waste time in taking a photograph when given the perfect opportunity.

Occasionally the two would exchange small talk between songs when it was much quieter, but for the most part, Mila was left alone as she watched from the side of the stage.

She liked Adam, he was kind and soft spoken.

And to her left stood Jaxin and Natalie Hall - newly weds and long time friends of the bands. They also shared a house with Tony and had travelled from Newport Beach for the show.

Mila liked Jaxin and Natalie too. Like Adam, they were sweet and made her feel like she had known them forever.

Mila also liked the experience of touring thus far. She wasn't sure if she mentally told herself she had no other choice or if the feeling was genuine, however there was something about the music and the humbling fans that made her feel like this was a home - Almost like she'd been here all along.

Adam flashed her a quick smile as Pierce The Veil's set concluded for the evening. It was the same smile he'd been flashing her all night before disappearing on stage to capture another moment. And this time it was no different.

Mila watched on as he did his best to gather the band together for a few photographs before slipping back to the side of the stage as the four boys tossed a few items into the crowd.

Adam held out his camera, displaying the recently taken photograph of the four boys, the crowd in the background. Both Mila, Jaxin and Natalie smiled approvingly.

Mila knew almost instantly that it was a photograph that would make its home amongst the others on the walls of the Fuentes' apartment.

But before she could think any more of it, she was engulfed by two long, slender arms snaking their way around her waist. Lost in the figures chest, the stench of odor and the slime-like texture instantly gave away that it was Mike.

Groaning as they parted, she gave him an annoyed look.

"What?" He defended. "I missed you."

"You're all sweaty and gross," she replied as they began to follow the others back to the bands dressing room - a place where they had spent the majority of the day.

"And you know I have a heightened sense of smell."

But Mike just smirked, slinging his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to his side.

"Did you enjoy the show at least?"

She looked up at him, her small frame sardined between his arm and his side and smiled.

"I loved it."

He squeezed her arm in acknowledgement as they entered the dressing room. The band had started winding down as they discussed the show whilst crew loaded out.

"I'm going to head for the showers first so Mils can rest up," announced Mike.

He had known that she was tired and he still had fan duties to attain to before he could go to bed.

"We're going to head off," Jaxin piped in. "But before we do... We kinda wanted to tell you guys a little something."

Jaxin scratched the back of his neck in a nervous manner before exchanging smiles with Natalie, who's sweet rosy cheeks blushed at her husbands words. The two stood in the middle of the room and all eyes were now focused on them.

"Natalie and I didn't want to make it public before telling our friends. And we kind of didn't want to steal your thunder," he informed as he averted his attention towards Mike and then towards Mila.

"I'm pregnant," concluded Natalie. "Two months."

Mila was the first one to waltz over to the two to congratulate them and exchange warm embraces as a small pang of hurt tugged at her insides.

Of course, she was happy for the two. They were one of the happiest most loveliest couples she had ever met. And she guessed that's why it hurt. Because two people who were completely and utterly in love with each other were having a child together.

As the rest of the room got up to congratulate the two, Mila couldn't help but wish she had what Natalie and Jaxin had. She wanted so badly for her child to be a product of love. She wanted Mike to look at her the way Jaxin looked at Natalie and she wanted their child to be born into the world with unconditional love.

-

"Are you okay?" Mike asked as they stepped onto the bus that night shortly after meeting a few fans. "They didn't scare you did they? You seemed kinda quiet the whole time."

Mila took a deep breath and tugged and the sleeves of her grey sweater as she turned to Mike.

"I… I think I love you, Michael."

Mike's surroundings felt like they were spinning out of control around him. It was as though he was on this uncontrollable high.

Mila closed her eyes tightly together and took a deep breath not opening them again until she heard him speak.

"I think I love you too," he whispered, a sense of shock rolling off of each word. "Actually, I know I do."

"Do you really?" She asked.

"Yes," he said grabbing her hands. "Of course I do. I've said it before. You know I love you."

He had said it before. She knew that.

But just like in all of the movies, their perfect moment was interrupted by the rest of Pierce The Veil and their entourage, all eager to settle down into their bunks and endure the drive back to San Diego.

Although Mike was aware they would be joining them, he was annoyed. He really wanted to press Mila about the situation. He wanted to know why she had gone from sad to admitting she loved him. He wanted to make sure she loved him.

So many questions danced on the tip of his tongue. He knew he wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. It's been forever. I even have to go back and re-read all that I have written to remind myself. Thank you to those who messaged me throughout the months asking me to keep writing this. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for you.

Feedback always appreciated.