Status: In progress

One of Those Nights

The Beginning

"Fuck off," Mike laughed as he threw his head back slightly. 

"Excuse me?"

He crowed a raucous laugh. "Very funny. Jokes on me," Mike mumbled throwing his hands about. "Way to kill the moment, Mila. You know, most girls just say they're not in the mood or they're on their period."

Mila looked at him incredulously, insulted by his immaturity. "I'm not joking, Mike."

Mike's orbs turned cold. Something about the tone of Mila's voice sent quivers down his spine. 

But her voice alone wasn't enough to convince him. 

"Whatever. How the fuck could this happen anyways?" He seethed. 

"I thought you were wearing a condom," she stated, almost politely. 

"Well I thought you were on birth control!"

"What?" You just assumed I was on birth control?" She shot, throwing her hands up. "Incredible."

"Girls who have one night stands usually are on birth control. At least my excuse is more valid. You can feel if someone is wearing a condom, you can't feel if someone is on birth control."

"Oh. So you're calling me a slut?" She confronted, her face flushing a look of frustration. 

"This can not be happening," he stammered softly to himself as he started pacing the room, ignoring her comment.

Mila slumped back against the door of Mike's bedroom taking her head in her hands.

She wasn't trying to act dramatic but in the same token, she couldn't resist her emotions. And so she started to sob quietly, her back pressed to the door, her head in her hands. 

Mike stopped pacing and looked her once over, attempting to comprehend the situation. He understood that he had hurt her and part of him felt remorseful for both his actions and his words, but he still felt weary.

"Are you sure you're... You know, pregnant?" He stammered as he stood before her, his mood changing dramatically. 

Mila looked up at him, her eyes lined with droplets of saltish tears racing their way down her cheeks. She nodded in an averse manner. "According to three pregnancy tests."

A silence bridged the gap between them for a moment before Mike moved closer to the sobbing blonde. He snaked his hands around her neck, pulling her face into his chest. 

As if on queue, the two fell to the carpeted floor of Mike's room in unison, their hearts fleeting at an excessive rate. 

"I'm sorry," he muttered into her hair. "I'm so sorry."

Her sobs became louder as she sat pressed against his chest feeling more fragile than she had ever felt before. He rocked her as though she were a small child, awoken from a stifling nightmare.

“Shhh,” he cooed. "It'll be fine. We'll be fine."

But Mila pulled away. "How?" She choked. "How will we be fine, Mike?"

Mike watched her steadily as she slowly brought herself to her feet. 

"We won't be fine," she said rubbing the rims of her eyes with her thumbs. 

"Says who?"

Mila shook her head. "Look at us, Mike!," she retorted, throwing her hands up in exasperation. "We barely know each other and we're having a child together. This isn't the kind of life I had planned."

"And you think this is what I had planned?," He infused as he too stood up. "I may be twenty seven but having a child wasn't exactly my game plan, Mila. I'm constantly on the road or in the studio. Not exactly family man material is it?"

Mila placed her head in her hands and shook her head. "What if I just don't have the baby? The only person that knows of this is you and my friend Anna. No one needs to know about this. We can just not do... this"

"Are you crazy?" Mike stammered. "I'm sorry this isn't the perfect life you had planned in your head but you and I are perfectly capable of raising a child," he stated, pointing at her. 

"What if I don't want this life, Mike? You being here and me being in LA is not going to work. It's just not."

“You’re being selfish because it’s not the life you want. You can move here and we can work it out. Just give me a chance, Mila. You need to just give me a chance."

"What if I don't want to live in San Diego?"

Mike sighed. "I can't live in LA. I can't give up the band."

"So I can give up my job but you can't give up yours?"

"The band is all I know!" He defended. "Do you want me to just give that up? I'm thinking about you and the baby here. You can move here and then when the baby is born you can find a job if you want to. Until then I am more than happy to support you as best I can."

“You want me to live with you and your brother?" Mila questioned, folding her arms across her chest, unimpressed with Mike's plan. “How nice. I’m sure Vic is going to be jumping with joy at the thought of living with his brothers pregnant one night stand."

"Are you always this difficult?" Mike questioned throwing his hands up, storming out of his room in an instance.

He wasn't entirely sure what he was doing, but he knew that arguing wasn't getting them anywhere.

Mila rolled her eyes following him. "Don't walk away from me, Mike."

Mike let out a sarcastic chortle, pausing in the hallway of the apartment he shared with his older brother.

He then turned to look at Mila. "I'm giving you an ultimatum," he duly noted. "You can leave here being difficult and completely disregard everything I have said. Or you can get off of your high horse and give me a chance. Look Mila, I know I'm probably not the kind of guy someone like you would want to take home to mom and dad but I'll care for you and our child as though my life depends on it. I don’t have much but it’s enough. So just give me a shot, Mila. One shot, that's all I am asking."

Mila looked up at Mike as he stood before her. He was right. Kind of. He probably wasn't somone she would want to take home to her parents. He was covered in tattoos, smoked weed, drank heavily, partook in a lot of one night stands and had an unusual job. Her parents would cringe. But something was tugging at Mila's chest as she looked into Mike's dark eyes. Standing before her was someone with so much conviction in his eyes. Someone whom she couldn't help but believe.

She took a deep breath, inhaling “I can’t believe I am agreeing to this," she spoke softly, pressing her eyes shut.

She reopened her eyes only to be met with a very elated Mike.

"Really?"

Mila nodded. "Yeah," she smiled weakly. “Just... Just don’t let me down,” she stammered.

Mike bridged the gap between the two by embracing her into a warm embrace.

“I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is overwhelming! I am so glad you guys dig this. Makes me smile a bunch.