Diary of a Crush

I'm a bitch.

January 11

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. "- Yeah, you said it dead guy. Though sadly, not even the wise and beautiful words of Robert Frost can bring me out of the mood I'm in. After leaving the airport, it took me like 3 hours to actually find the apartment because although the taxi driver totally spoke English, American English and England English are apparently completely different. Like, other worldly different. Everything I said he'd respond by first laughing at my hilarious accent for a few fucking decades and then he'd finally get himself together long enough to drive me complete elsewhere. I think he did it on purpose. Asshole.

Anyway, 75 pounds later and he dumped my bags on the sidewalk (pavement, said he) and drove off, leaving me to drag my bags inside. And I never really got the jist of the whole 'packing light' thing, so of course my bags weighed a few tonne and just to add a cherry to my cup-cake, the elevator was 'out of order'.

"Fuck," I groaned, glaring at the elevator sign with the hatred of Satan. And I knew from the small piece of paper folded up in my sweaty palm, that my apartment was on floor 3, which meant to my basic calculations, a shit-load of stairs.

Dragging my two bags along behind me, I slowly made my way up the stairs, distracting myself from the pain in my legs and arms by humming along to a Green Day song I'd had stuck in my head since it had been playing in the taxi.

After a few minutes of climbing stairs and knowing I still have 2 more floors to go; I felt eyes on the back of my head. Y'know that feeling you get when you just know someone's watching you? Yeah, that. So I whipped around only to be met by some guy with dark curly hair(quite a good-looking guy actually, but I was so hot and tired and sore that it basically made me immune to his good-looks) smirking up at me in amusement.

"Can I help you?" I bit out, shooting him daggers.

"I think you just stole my line, sweetheart." He replied smoothly, stifling a small laugh. Bloody British, I tell you.

"What?" I said bitterly, carrying on my struggle up the stairs, which meant I was travelling the speed of a snail, but whatever, 'it does no matter how slow you go, so long as you do not stop' and all that. "Well, from the looks of things, your the one who needs my help." He said from behind me.

"Right, and what makes you think that." I said, but because of my heavy breathing and puffing it came out more like a cry, which didn't really help my case. Then as soon as I said that, I dropped a suitcase on my foot and screamed, which probably did nothing to convince him either. Amid my scream and pain in my foot, I dropped the suitcase and fell back against the wall, landing on my other suitcase.

He grabbed the one about to fall down the stairs I'd spent like 10 minutes climbing and picked it up as if it contained nothing more than fairy dust, then set it down beside him against the wall. I stood up, attempting to keep my dignity, and grabbed the suitcase I was seconds before sitting on. I guess he was waiting for me to say thank you because he just looked at me, but I was so sweaty and annoyed that when he offered to carry the suitcase for me, I just mumbled 'whatever' and continued up the stairs.

It seemed that just carrying one suitcase was a lot easier than carrying two. Whatever, I hope I get killer biceps from this. Halfway through the hike, he said from behind me 'I'm Harry by the way' and I said bitterly through my teeth "whatever, just don't look at my ass' which actually made him laugh. Thank god he had a weird sense of humour.

Together, huffing and puffing (well, mostly me) the staircase didn't stand a chance and when we reached the top of the stairs, I could have cried with relief. "So, have you just moved into the building, then?" He said, placing the suitcase beside my door as I fiddled around in my handbag to find the key.

"Aha." I said absent-mindley, shoving the key through the door.

"Cool, we'll be neighbours then. I live just across from you." He replied and I could tell he was trying to start a conversation, but I was way to sweaty and hungry to even consider having a chat with the neighbours. Despite everything he'd just done for me, I was still a bitch at heart. Well, mostly only when hungry. My heart was in my stomach. "Well, nice meeting you. Goodbye." I said, opening the door and kicking my suitcases through.

"Wait- we should be getting to know each other!" he said while I continued kicking my suitcase through the door and managed to puff out a quick "why?"

"Because the bible clearly states 'love thy neighbour' and I definitely wouldn't call this loving thy neighbour." He said cheekily.

Once my suitcases were through the door, I turned to face him "I really don't think we'd get on though, Harry." When he asked why I replied very seriously "Because you just quoted the bible and I'm way to fucking hungry." and then I closed the door on his stunned face.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, if your reading this then, thank you!
I promise it gets better, this is just the start.