Diary of a Crush

Voodoo

September 22

Wow I haven't wrote in here in like 3 days, I've been so hectic with work and then Poppy and I have been going clubbing at this cool new club she found called 'amen'. Harry doesn't know about it (thank god because watching him pick up woman is uncomfortable in so many ways) but also, the unspeakable happened.

Mum called.

I don't know how she got my number because I never shared it with any of my family members in America, my home phone or cellphone, I've seen enough spy movie's to know cellphones are totally traceable. But anyway, somehow she got my phone number and called at 3 in the morning because she's too inconsiderate to check the time difference and this is what happened:

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

I didn't even bother opening my eyes, I just laid in bed cursing the stupid motherfucker that would dare to ruin my perfect slumber. Then realising the only way to shut it up would be to answer it and tell the person to fuck off, I reached my arm out of bed and knocking over every object in the way, I took the phone off the hook and lay it on the side of my face, because it was so much easier than holding it.

"What?" I said bitterly.

"Darling, guess who?" she drawled and I was so shocked/scared that I fell out of bed and the phone went spiralling across the floor. "Darling, what's going on? I'm hearing noises. Are you snorting cocaine?" the phone was lying abandoned on the floor but she carried on talking "...Denesha's son moved to England a few years ago and he had to be carted off to rehab because of his cocaine addiction. I tell you, theirs something wrong with those British people, or maybe its just poor people-"

Nursing my throbbing knee, I sat on the ground beside the phone and held it to my ear "Not all British people are poor mum."

"No, of coooourse not darling. The queen lives there doesn't she?"

"Yea-"

"Bit of a strange lady though isn't she?"

"um-

"So why haven't you called me?"

"um- I've been busy-"

"Snorting cocaine?" She started laughing at her own stupid joke and then cleared her throat "Really though? You've lost your humour a bit darling, I'm just joking. So what have you been so earth-shatteringly busy with?"

"I got a job."

"Where?"

"At a um- diner"

She burst out laughing again.

"Mum! Maybe this is why I didn't want to talk to you!"

"Nonsense, darling! Nothing wrong with a good healthy laugh. In fact you should try it more often, anyway I must be going, your fathers taking me shopping. Or more I'm taking his credit card shopping. Haha. Toodaloo sweetheart."

Sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to kill her. Honestly, a few years in jail isn't too bad when you look at what I have to deal with.

September 25

Its nearly October and I still haven't decided on a room-mate. I joined this site thing where I can advertise the room and a few people have messaged me their interest but I think I keep subconsciously putting it off or something. I suck at decisions. Scratch that, I suck at everything. Dad called again yesterday and asked if I needed to borrow some money. Mum must have told him I'm working in a diner and although for an 18yr old trying to figure out where she wants to go in life, it isn't a bad job, to them I'm three steps away from becoming a prostitute. Sigh. Harry brought me a voodoo doll though, he says I have pent up aggression that I need to let out. Oh how I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so keep reading because its getting into the interesting stuff soon! Violet meets 1D in a few chapters ;) Also am I the only one losing their nut over Obama winning the president campaign? Whoop whoop! I totally knew he would win, gay marriage legalization here we come! Then again, as soon as Beyonce showed her support for Obama, there wasn't really a competition anyway.