Status: On Hold Until Further Notice

Loverboy

Ch 14: Save Your Heart

****

I trudged through the sweltering heat of the fair grounds. One thing I loved about Warped, the kids, one thing I hated? The god damned heat.

As I walked into the only true building, the interview girl was just finishing talking to Alan and Austin about the new Of Mice & Men album.

"Hey Look! Its my favorite British girl!" Austin exclaimed as I walked into the room and stood beside the camera guy, trying to stay out of the way.

"Hey Carly." Alan said, as Austin giddily beckoned for me to come over and join the interview. The interviewer was hopelessly trying to control the Ginger and the Giant. I looked at her for consent, and she rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Hey guys, Carly from Rumours is here." She said as I sat down, squished between Alan and the end of the couch.

"Hey." I replied, adjusting so that I was sitting on Alan's lap.

"So Carly, how do you know Of Mice & Men?" The interviewer, I think her name was Anna or something, asked.

"Well, this isn't our first year of Warped, though it is our first year on Main Stage, which I might add is fuckin-" I put my hand over my mouth. "Can I- Or is that inappropriate?" I asked, taking my hand off of my mouth as Alan and Austin burst out laughing.

"Always the Princess." Alan mumbled. I looked back at him, a smirk scribbled over my features.

"SO. Its really amazing that we're on Main Stage. And Alan managed to nearly take my head off with a guitar the first day. And in return, he ended up with Monster all up in his ginger curls. So that's how I met that one, and Austin and I have been friends for a while now." I said, ruffling Alan's hair. "And I mean, how can you not bond when you've gotten an energy drink spilled all over you. These idiots have become more or less my brothers." I said as Austin beamed.

"Awe that is so cute." Anna said, smiling at Alan. (Hmmmmm, those ginger charms.) "So, are you in a relationship, because I know that you were with Josh Franceschi for a few months and then who could forget Salex." I blushed lightly.

"Nope, I'm free as a bird. But not one in a cage." I said, chuckling a bit at my stupid joke. "But Austin and I have a pact that if we remain single, we're just going to marry each other. And if that doesn't work, I'll just marry Ginger Princess over here." I replied, as Alan blushed a deeper shade of red. "But for now, I am happily single, so you can ship me with anyone." I said, smirking and raising my eyebrows. "Personally, I ship Austley." I said, grinning over at Austin, trying to keep from giggling. Its always fun to mess with the fans, and our twitters were going to blow up over this. "See, we even have matching tattoos!" I exclaimed, presenting the bird tattoo by my thumb as Austin did the same. "Next I just need to get a matching tattoo with Alan here." I said, nudging his shoulder.

Alan peeked out from behind me. "Can we get a cat one?" he asked, grinning.

"Sure Alan, we can do that." I reassured the Ashby. He grinned.

"We have a set to go play, Carly get off of Alan." Austin said, fake pouting.

I slid off of the ginger boy and yelled at them as they walked out the door, "I love you idiots! I'll try to catch part of your set."

"So Carly." Anna continued. "You're on tour with a few of your exes, how is that working? Are you all on the same page?" she asked.

"Definitely, literally two days ago I was in Vegas for Jack Barakat, you know from All Time Low? His birthday. And I think that we're all happy now, I mean Alex and Tay are a thing right? Ship the Taylex and all? And then Josh, we are so close. You know when they say that 'Oh I broke up with my boyfriend because we're like siblings'? Yeah that is literally what happened."

"And you're doing some modeling for Glamour Kills? Is that right?" She asked.

"Yep, I live in Manhattan now, so I get to go over to GK a lot and talk to Marky about the new lines. And I'm really excited for this year, I'm releasing some new stuff with Glamour Kills, kind of think of it as JAGK only with my kind of spin on it. And next spring? I think, some new stuff from Drop Dead is coming out that I get to model, so pretty much, my lil old face might just be all over the internet." I said, flashing a smile and a thumbs up.

"I am loving this." Anna said gesturing toward my outfit, a black tank with a panther on it, an oversized camo shirt over it, destroyed shorts that showed off my sugar skull tattoo, and combats.

"So you have a few tattoos, and some of your fans wanted to know what they all are and what they mean, I guess."

"Well, this one." I said, pointing at the sugar skull. "Is kind of covering some shit from the past, and it kind of inadvertantly stands for Dia De Los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead, which is a big festival in Spanish countries. This" I continued, pointing at the writing on my forarm, "This is Alex's favorite saying, and its in his writing, it pretty much tells me not to give up on myself. His rose tattoo actually is my drawing, and so is Jack's Jack Skellington one. Moving on, this" I gestured at the sparrow on my shoulder, "This is the first tattoo that I got, the day after I'd turned 18. Oli took me to the local shop and I remember being terrified. But this tattoo means to most to me. My last tattoo is this one." I said, holding up my left hand to reveal the birdcage, "And this one." I said, holding up my other hand to reveal the large bird that matched Austin's. "If you can't tell, I really like birds, and one day, Austin and I were just hanging out, He was in NYC for some reason or another, and we just decided randomly, hey, lets go get tattoos. So that's that, hopefully that was interesting enough about my tats." I said, smiling.

The interview went on for a few more minutes before a tall, lanky form rushed in, in a whirl of skunk hair. "Hey Barakat." I said, as Jack jumped down next to me on the sofa.

"Hey Guys, this is my lover, Scarlytte. Just in case you were wondering or anything." Jack added, beaming. "And this is my other lover, Alex." he continued, once Alex had sat down on my other side.

I Cupped my hand over the side of my mouth and whispered "JALEX" at the camera. At that point, Anna should have known that the interview was not going to continue.

"Look guys, we could be in a hair dye commercial!" I said, holding up my half violet half blonde bottom half of the mass of corkscrew curls I like to call hair, ruffling Alex's bright pink fringe and Jack's skunk hair.

"See you fuckers later!" I said as I hugged Alex, kissed Jack on the cheek and then skipped to the door. The last thing that I heard was Jack and Alex simultaniously shouting, "Jarlytte!" I chuckled to myself and made my way to Main Stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rawr, so I couldn't wait a week to post this, I needed it while the idea was fresh.

title- Save Your Heart by Mayday Parade