Status: On Hold Until Further Notice

Loverboy

Ch 6: I Won't Tell You How To Live Your Life

*Time Lapse*

"Wake Up, Little Red." Jack whispered repeatedly, his childlike ways made me smile.

"Jaaack, I don't wanna! 5 more minutes?" I whined, peeking my eye open to the boy pouting, his big nose inches from my face. I tried glaring at him with no effect whatsoever.

"Sorry Princess." He said, standing up. "Since it is our last day in Baltimore, Alex's witch wants to have dinner with him."

"Witch? And why can't Alex just go by himself then." I replied.

"His crazy girlfriend. She literally asked me if I was gay because if I was, she didnt want me anywhere near Alex. She's the type to cheat on him with about 3 different guys, but Alex doesn't believe that she can do anything wrong. She's his "Little Catie Angel." He said with air quotes. "God damn, I could strangle her." he added darkly.

"Talking about Cate, are we?" Zack asked, fully awake, as he walked past.

I'm not going to lie. My heart kind of flipped when he said "girlfriend". I didn't want to feel anything for the guy I was going to be with for the next year. As If that would work.

"She already scares me." I said to Jack, as I jumped out of the bunk and ran to the back of the bus to get ready.

***

"You look gorgeous, Red." Jack said, as I walked out.

"Eh, you don't look that bad yourself, Barakat."

He really didn't. His black hair was as tamed as it could be, and he had a black button up and skinnies on. His big Nike hightops were the only informal item he had on, the end of the argument we'd had about him going naked or not. I, on the other hand, was wearing a "galaxy" dress from Drop Dead, my orange Vans, and my nose stud.

"Please let me wear my beanie, Jack." I asked, chewing on my lip ring.

"No, we're going somewhere slightly formal." he replied, cocking a smile.

"We're gonna scare her." I replied, slipping my arm through his.

"Why?" he whined, scrunching up his face. "I thought I looked pretty!"

Once we were in the van, the complaining started, even from Flyzik.

"Every time we're in town, she wants to have dinner."

"She's your girlfriend, Alex! Why can't you go alone?"

"Yeah, she hates us anyway!"

Every remark was met by Alex turning around in the front seat and shooting dagger glances about "Catie, his Baby." By the time we'd actually gotten there, Jack and I were laughing our asses off.

Catie Adams, lets see. She was exactly how I pictured her. She had long, light brown hair, enough makeup on to last me a month, and the bitchiest grin I'd ever seen on her face. When Alex saw her, his eyes lit up. It was kind of cute, except the part where she sucked his face off.

"So, you and Jack are like, a thing?" she asked, as we sat down. Jack and I tensed up at the same time, and he put his hand on my leg, giving me a look that said, "Kill her please."

"Oh no, We're just fuck buddies." I replied icily, earning a glare from Alex, and a burst of laughter from the guys. "So you and Alex, you're pretty in sync, am I right?" I asked, glaring back at him. He blushed, as Cate, on the other end, immediately responded,

"Oh, Yeah. I love him Soooo Much. I have no idea what I'd do without him, he's just my whole life." she gushed.

I looked at Jack, sitting next to me, and tried not to laugh.

"Well, I will be right back." She said dramatically, kissing Alex before standing up and walking outside.

"Wow, she is so charming, Alex. When are you going to marry her, because she is so god damn perfect for you, and totally not a bitch at all." I said, voice dripping with sarcasm. She walked out the front door, not into the bathroom.

"Shut the fuck up Scarlytte." he mumbled, playing with his tie.

"Oh, and she just walked out the front door, not into the bathroom. I'd go get her, if I were you." I replied.

"Whatever." he said, standing up.

About five minutes later, you could hear muffled yelling, screeching, and crying, before Alex walked in, face contorted in pain and anger. She ran in, after him, wiping the lipstick smudge from her lips to her cheekbone off. It was clear what she'd been doing. Alex didn't have any makeup on his face, the Maitre Dee on the other hand, was desperately trying to get the red lipstick smears off of his face as he walked in.

"What, Alex!?" She screeched. "You Go to London and pick up this fucking emo skank and just expect me to be fine with it?" She said, glaring at me.

"Why don't you fucking leave Scarlytte out of this." Alex said, glaring back at her. "She isn't the one who cheated right in front of me." he spat.

"Oh, Lexy. Are you just pretending that you've never cheated? Great choice, by the way, She'll probably kill herself." She added, as tears burnt at my eyes.

"Why don't you leave, Catherine." Jack said, wrapping his arms around me, and glaring at her.

"Yeah, get the fuck out, Bitch." Rian said.

"Cough, cough, skank." Vinny said.

"Cate, I think it's for the best if you leave, and you never call her that again." Alex said quietly, standing up, so that he was towering over her.

"Oh come on, Lexy. You know you love me." She said, pulling him down to her lips.

"You know what? For a while, I did. I really thought I did." he spat back. "I believed you over my friends." he said, looking over at me, still cowering in Jack's arms, tears streaking my face. "I thought you were perfect. But that's before I met Scarlytte." He stopped. "She's my best friend. And I don't care about the scars she may have."

With that, she looked over to me.

"You, Alex Gaskarth, are choosing this little self loathing whore over ME." She practically screamed. "Call me when you find her bleeding from her slit wrists on the bathroom floor. Or, maybe she'll just drink too much and end up like your no good brother. Does she even know who he is? Or were you too scared to tell her." She snarled with a satisfied grin. Alex tensed up, as did Jack.

That was it.

"You know what, Catherine, Darling. I Fucking have a name. Yeah, It's Scarlytte." I spat, untangling myself from Jack's grasp and walking over to her. I was at least 5 inches taller than her, that gave me a type of satisfaction. "I don't give a fuck about what you feel like saying about me. Because, as you noted, I've got a few scars. But when you mention anything. Anything about Alex, or Jack, or Zack, Rian, Vinny, Matt, any of them, you're taking it a little far. You hate me, cool. But Alexander has his fans, and his friends, and me, and he doesn't need you and your drama. He's only still with you because he loves with his entire goofy, perverted, childlike heart, and that's what makes him Alex. He doesn't go behind anyone's back and make out with the, hate to break it to you, gay waiter and expect it all to be perfectly fine. He told you to get out, now get. the. fuck. out." I finished. "Oh, and don't call me a whore. Why don't you look into a bloody mirror once in a while."

She spun on her heel and walked out of the restaurant. Not much later, we were politely asked to leave, amidst Jack's yells of "Fuck this shit! This food is Fucking Shit. We're going to McDonalds! I'm a Fucking Rockstar, Bitch!" I have no idea why they kicked us out...
♠ ♠ ♠
title Always Running Out of Time by Motion City Soundtrack
let me know what you think, eh?
-Sarah