Status: On Hold Until Further Notice

Loverboy

Ch 9: Memories That Fade Like Photographs

June, 2012:

"Hey Carly, we're in Salt Lake City." Drew, the guitarist of my band, Rumours, said lightly, pulling me out of that memory.

Drew, how do I describe him. Well, his sandy blonde hair hangs down to his jaw and his piercing blue eyes have made a few fangirls go insane. He's about 6'3". I'd been thinking about Alex more and more. After tour, we'd moved in to an apartment in Baltimore, but when we'd had a fight, he'd gotten drunk, and lets just say, we weren't in a good place just yet. In December, Drew, Reece, and Cameron had gotten ahold of me to get Rumours back together, So I moved to NYC and we started working on a new record, and we were invited on Warped Tour.

I peeled my eyes off of Alex's thick scribble of "Always, I Promise" tattooed on my forarm, a stupid idea that he'd had when we were "In Love" He'd gotten my drawing of a rose and his brother's initials.

"I can't wait to see the kids." I replied, smiling back up at Drew.

We had a great group of bands with us on Warped, we were really fortunate. And I guess that I'm particularly fortunate, because my best friend is also on Warped, Austin Carlile of Of Mice and Men. There's always a downside though, All Time Low is headlining. I still obviously talk to the guys, except Alex. Jack is psyched, but they all keep mentioning how off Alex has been. Speaking of, my phone went off,

from: Jack :P

Hay its gonna be gr8 to see you at warped. theres a party on our bus on Saturday, you should come. :P

I rolled my eyes and typed back,

to: Jack :P

Hey Barakitty. cant wait to see you either. um, we'll think about the party, okay?

almost immediately, I had a response.

from: Jack :P

No, youre most definitely coming, even if Zack has to drag you here. C u then, kisses.

I sighed as the bus pulled to a stop outside the venue.

"Hey! Holy shit, it is so good to see you guys at the first Warped venue. This is a newer one, I wrote it when I was in a shitty place." I almost screamed into the mic, earning a loud roar from the crowd. Searching the crowd, I saw a familiar face, but fringed by darker hair. Of course he was at my show. "I'd recently gone through a bad breakup where my boyfriend went out and fucked a random girl. So this song is exactly what I was thinking right after." I finished, eyes fixed right on Alex.

"Oh let the rain keep falling down, cause it will stop me from getting where I'm bound. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe its too late, but I'm gonna make it, don't care what the skies say, oh let it rain, let it rain."

Finishing the song, I looked up into the screaming crowd, radiating happiness and exhaustion, all in one.

"Thank you guys, we are Rumours, all the way from jolly old London, but most recently, New York. I am Scarlytte, our handsome guitarist is Drew, over there is his brother, the bassist Reece, and our drummer is Cameron. I love you bloody mother fuckers! Stay dirty."

"Hey, We'll be out signing shit and meeting you guys in 20 minutes, so until then, go fucking nuts, go buy merch, and try and catch our good friends, Jack, Zack, and Rian, oh, and Alex, of All Time Low, their set starts right after our signing, love you all!" Reece yelled, running offstage after me, as Drew decided to take a spin crowd surfing.

I Ran off stage and right into a pair of lanky arms.

"Hey! You were fucking great out there, and you said my name! I'm famous!" the voice yelled with an exaggerated lisp.

"Hey Jack." I said, as he finally pulled away.

Looking him over, he looked like he hadn't shaved in a while, he was wearing a "BONER" shirt, and half of his head was bleached.

"Return of the skunk hair, I see." I said with a smile.

"Hey, says the girl with half purple hair, replaced the red, then?" he played back, smirking.

"Hhey, Carly." a voice said.

For the first time in months I saw that familiar build, those strong arms that I'd longed around me for so long, and his lips that had mad Flyzik nearly kill us for being "too intimate" on the bus. There was something different about him, it probably wouldn't be obvious to anyone that didn't know him. The light in his dark eyes was gone, and his eyes focused on the writing on my arm.

Oh god, I've broken Alex Gaskarth.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm being serious guys, I. Want. Feedback. please :)
Title: Memories that fade like photographs- All Time Low *I thought it was appropriate from what happens in this chapter*
Rumours' Song: Let it Rain- Kris Allen