Good Times & Goodbyes

Chapter 4

I wasn’t sure what to do after Zacky’s reaction.

If he reacted like that and he’s the love of my life, imagine how everyone else would react.

I couldn’t handle it especially not knowing what to do.

I needed to clear my, so I took the dogs for a walk along the beach.

I was so deep in thought that I didn’t notice that I had walked into someone at first.

“Shit sorry” I apologised quickly before looking up to see that it was Val that I had bumped into.

“Bri its ok” She stopped as if she was thinking about what she was going to say. “Brain what’s wrong? You never walk the dogs by yourself unless you and Zack have had an argument”

I looked at her before I looked away as I sat down on the bench near us.

“I told him something really important and he reacted in the opposite what to what I thought he would”

She looked at me confused” What did you tell him?”

I took a deep breath before I turned to look out at the sea.

“I have l-l-l-leukaemia Vally and there’s nothing more that they can do for me.”

She pulled me into a hug allowing me to cry on her shoulder.

“Shh Bri. He’ll come around give him time. It’s a big shock to him. How long have you known about it?”

“F-f-f-five years today” I sniffled sitting up and wiping the tears away from my eyes. “Sorry Val. I didn’t want you to find out like this”

“Hey don’t worry. You would have had to tell us all sooner or later. So who have you told?”

“Err you and Zack. I don’t know how to tell everyone else” I looked away from her.

“Just come out with it Bri, They’ll understand. They’ll support you. They all love you too much.” She smiled as she hugged me.

“But what if-” She cut me off by gently punching my arm.

“There’s not what if’s Brian”

“Ok Vally” I smiled slightly.

I just wish I was brave enough to tell the people I love. There was only one other person that I told when I found out about it five years ago. That was Jimmy.

He kept the secret until he passed. I’m grateful that he did. I could talk to him about it. He helped me through a rough patch. If you like.

“Bri?” Val said bringing me from my thoughts.

“Yeah Val” I looked over at her.

“Why don’t you come stay with me and Matt tonight? Just to give Zack time to calm down.”

“I don’t know Val. What if Zee-”

“Bri shut up.” She interrupted me. “He loves you too much to do anything. He’s most likely reacting like this because he’s scared that he’s gonna lose you one day.”

“Ok Vally” I smiled at her.

“Come on” She took my hand and then called the dogs over. “Well take the dogs back and gets you some clothes for a day or two.”

I nodded my head and stood up, “Sure.”

We walked silently back to mine and Zack’s. I let the dog’s outside be going up to mine and Zack’s room.

“Val? Have you noticed that it’s really quite?”

“Yeah. Zack may have gone out to calm down.”

“Maybe” I mumbled while I opened the bed room door. I looked in only to see Zack asleep in a hoodie. I know it’s December but still this house isn’t that cold.

“What the hell” I looked at Val as I moved over to Zack. I lifted up his right arm so I could move him to talk the hoodie off, as I did I felt a warm sticky liquid there. I rolled the sleeve up to see a bandage around his right wrist covered in what I presume to be his own blood.

“Val?” I showed her it and she almost passed out.

“What the fuck?” She looked at him.

“I don’t know Vally” I looked at her then called Matt.

“Hey man” He answered.

“Hey. Can you come over here please?” I bit my lip hoping that he could.

“Err yeah sure. Just give me five minutes”

“Just hurry please.” I said before hanging up.

I sat on the bed next to Zack waiting for Matt. I bet you’re wondering why I called Matt. Well he is better at handling situations like this and he’s not freaked out by a lot of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been like forever since I updated this. I've had this written out for a while. I've just not gotten around to writing it up and this year hasn't been the best. Frist my dog was put down, then my nan died, My rabbit died this morning and this past week my cat hasn't been well and there's still a chance that he may not make it. Hopefully I'll get back into writing really soon.

Please let me know what you think to this chapter :)