‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

I'll Sing Along, Though I'm Barely Hanging On

Beep, beep, beep, beep..

I opened my eyes, quickly shutting them because of the light. Where was I? My memory seemed to be gone. I seemed to be gone; who was I?

I sat up fast, almost passing out because of how dizzy that made me. The beeping got faster, giving me a headache. A lady popped her head around the door frame, quickly coming over and trying to calm me down.

I felt tears form in the corners of my eyes, why couldn't I remember anything?

"Elise?" I heard a voice ask.

I continued to fight the nurse, not realizing the person was talking to me.

"Elise, woah, calm down." He tried to comfort me.

I pulled away from him, "Who's that?"

He gave me a confused look, "You?"

I shook my head, trying to remember my own name, "I don't know."

His brown eyes widened, "You-you don't know?"

I nodded, "I don't remember.. anything."

He rubbed his chin, "What the hell." He turned towards the nurse, "Why doesn't she remember her name?"

The nurse finally managed to get me to lay down, "It could be amnesia. She hit her head pretty hard."

I felt my consciousness slipping, "W-how? What happened? What's going on?"

The man put a hand on my arm, "Lise, calm down. It's okay, it'll be okay."

I shook my head, trying not to fall asleep, "I can't- I don't know anything!"

He nodded, fear in his eyes. That was the last thing I saw.

~*~

"She doesn't- nothing?" A deep voice asked.

"No, not from what I could tell." It was the same voice from earlier.

I slowly opened my eyes again, testing them against the light. I felt groggy, out of it. My body was sore in places I didn't even know could be sore.

"Hey, she's waking up." Voice one said.

"She looks terrible," The voice from earlier whispered.

"I ca-can hear you." I said, squeezing my eyes shut from the dizziness.

They both laughed awkwardly, "Sorry."

"Who.. who are you?" I asked, not wanting to offend anyone if I knew them.

The one with the deeper voice pointed at himself, "Jaime. You really don't remember me?"

I shook my head, looking at the other one, "Vic. Victor, your best friend since high school."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Oh, sorry." I whispered.

He nodded, reaching out to move hair from my face, "It's okay, Lise."

"Is that my name?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yeah, you're Elise Renee Sosbe."

I smiled, "That's a pretty name."

"You didn't used to think so." He laughed.

I cringed, "Oh."

Jaime sat down on the bed next to me, "What do you remember?"

I thought about it for a while, "I remember my mom's funeral. I remember her telling me how she didn't want me to move to Colorado. I remember moving to Colorado, with a girl.. Chris?"

"Christy." Vic nodded.

I continued, "I remember a guy.. a really nice guy. I remember I loved him. I think he was the reason I moved away.." I furrowed my brow, everything before and after that was fuzzy.

"Mike? You remember Mike?" Vic asked, laughing in a strange way.

I furrowed my brow again, "I think so.."

He shook his head, looking over at Jaime, "Do you remember Leia? Or Tony?"

I shook my head, "No."

Jaime's eyes got big, "You don't remember your daughter?"

I felt a jolt go through my body, "Daughter?"

He nodded, "You left her at Vic's for the night when you and Tony got in the accident."

"Accident? Car accident?" I asked, trying to put everything together.

He nodded.

I started to feel dizzy again, all of this overwhelming me.

Vic noticed, rubbing my arm, "It's okay, it'll come back to you."

I nodded quickly, "It has to, right?" I looked up into his eyes, pleading.

He faltered, "Y-yeah, it does."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, woo! Thanks to the people that've already commented:
Spoileddxbrat
FuEnTeSpErRy;