‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

I'm Gonna Push You Away With Every Word That You Say

"Are you.. Okay?" Tony asked awkwardly, putting an arm over my shoulder.

I shrugged, tears falling down my face. I couldn't stop them, I didn't even know why I was crying.

He cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable with the turn of events. "Did I..?"

I shook my head, looking up at him, "No, no. I don't even know what wrong."

He made another uncomfortable face, ".. is it your time of the month?"

I snorted, laughing through my tears, "God, no Tone." I shook my head, reaching for another tissue.

He smiled awkwardly, "Oh. Er, sorry."

I waved him off, my crying slowing, "I think.. I'm just stressed out and stir crazy."

He nodded, rubbing my arm.

"I mean, I'm fine. I just.." I sighed, rolling my eyes, "I'm just being melodramatic."

"It's okay, cry if you need to. I'd rather you do that then.. you know."

I nodded, pulling my shorts down over my thighs, "Yeah. Sorry, I just totally killed the mood."

He laughed, pulling me into his side, "It's not just about sex."

I kissed him softly, "Yeah, but the sex is nice."

He pulled my face back to his, making a sound of agreement before kissing me again. I smiled, laying back down and cuddling into his chest.

"Thanks."

"For what?" I asked. He started rubbing circles on my back.

"Just existing." Guilt filled the pit of my stomach as Mike's face flashed across my mind for the fourth time that day.

~*~

~Mike's POV

"Hey," I yelled over the music, "Wanna get out of here?"

Melanie shrugged, sipping on her drink, "I'm having fun."

I sighed; being sober sucked, "'Kay. I'm heading out then."

She nodded, "Good. You're being a buzz kill."

I rolled my eyes and went out to my truck, pulling my phone out of my pocket. Two, not bad. I usually didn't get home until after four. Maybe Vic'd be up and we'd actually get to talk. Probably not though, we hadn't really said many words to each other after that night.

I felt a little trickle of regret enter my body, but I pushed it away as soon as it came. There was nothing for me to regret; no use in feeling bad over the past. Sighing, I climbed out of the truck.

This was my life now, I thought bitterly. It consisted of ignoring my older brother, sleeping with Melanie, and telling myself to forget regret. I smiled, thinking about Elise's tattoo; about Lise in general. Maybe I should call her? No, I rejected that idea. It was two, she was probably asleep.

I shrugged, trying to make myself feel better. She probably hasn't thought about me in a while, since the last time I came over to see Leia. She told me I was welcome to come get her anytime, as long as I called first. It was hard, though, seeing Elise in her.

I shook it off, jumping in the shower. Maybe a shot would clear my he- no. I was done with that. Wasn't I? I didn't know, I didn't know anything.

"Shit." I said, looking at my reflection. I had bags under my eyes; a five o'clock shadow across my face. I looked terrible.

My mood sank lower when I saw the bottle of whiskey on the counter. Vic'd probably left it out, not realizing I was still a little uncomfortable around it. Whatever, not a big deal. I picked the bottle up, the amber liquid called my name.

It wouldn't kill me to take one shot, right? I pulled down a shot glass, filling it. The burning sensation felt like death's kiss. I smiled, pouring another, and another..

~*~

~Elise's POV

"Why didn't you stay there?" He asked.

"Because, I had to be here to make funeral plans since I was the only one who could." I said. We hadn't talked about my mother really, so this was kind of nice.

He nodded, playing with my hair, "What was she like?"

I smiled, "She was beautiful. She had the best sense of humor. One time, I bought her a pack of diapers telling her she was going to be a grandma. She thought it was the funniest thing.. I wish she could see Leia." I said, feeling my mood drop, "She was always really good with babies."

He smiled and kissed the top of my head, "Wherever she is, I know she's proud of you."

I felt tears flood my eyes, "I hope so." I said, wiping away at them; I'd cried enough for one night, "We'll have to take a trip to her grave sometime."

"Yeah, I'd like that. So she can meet Leia and I."

"Yeah.." I said; that idea made me really happy. "Yeah, that sounds good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh :(
lyssagirl05
iShotTheSherriff1313
PTVTea
mikkdx3
SkyeeATL