‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

Say You'll Never Leave Me 'Cause I Need You So Much

"What do you mean?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

The doctor looked over at me, regret filled his eyes, "You may never fully get your memory back."

I felt a chill work it's way down my spine, "That's not how it happens though, right? It'll come back and I'll remember everything."

He shook his head, looking down at the papers he had in his hand, "Your head injury is all healed, meaning if your memory is going to come back, it should be soon. Maybe being around familiar faces and surroundings'll help jolt it..?" He suggested.

I nodded, "Whatever you think'll help."

He smiled, "Good. Okay, we'll get the rest of your paperwork done and then you'll be free to go."

I nodded, trying to smile against this terrible feeling. I couldn't wait to re-meet my daughter. Vic'd shown me pictures of her, and she was really an adorable baby. He also told me she was Mike's, which shocked me a little, since everyone kept talking about how Tony and I were together.

I ran my fingers through my hair, pulling out the knots. I hadn't seen Tony since he came and saw me, which was over a week ago. He'd been hurt that I didn't remember him, and I didn't blame him. If I was in his shoes I'd feel the same. Vic said he'd been taking care of Leia, though, so I was glad he was alright.

"Elise?" My nurse asked, tapping on the wall.

I smiled tightly, grabbing my bag off my bed.

"Ready? Tony's here to pick you up."

I nodded, anxiety making my stomach fold. I saw Tony talking to the lady at the front desk, smiling. He looked good, better than the last time I saw him. He saw me, his smile getting bigger. I walked over to him, giving him a side hug.

His smile falter a little, but I pretended I didn't notice, "Ready?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm ready to go.. home."

He smiled again, reaching for my hand. I pulled away at first, but laced my fingers with his anyway. No reason to hurt him.

"Do you.. do you remember anything yet?" He asked.

I nodded, "Some things are coming back.."

He sighed, "But not me?" He whispered.

I cringed. Tony was being so patient, kind. I really wanted to remember him and our relationship, "Not yet." I whispered back, rubbing his arm.

His smile tightened, "I'm sure it'll come back soon."

I nodded, pulling my bag up over my shoulder and walking with him out to the car. I started to feel a bit awkward being so close to him in such a small space. Even if we were together, I didn't really know him.

He noticed my nervousness, "Hey, it's okay."

I smiled, nodding, "Let's just go."

I pulled my seat belt over me when my hands started shaking. I tried to control them, but they weren't having it.

Tony looked over with a worried look in his eyes, "Are you alright?"

I nodded, my breathing becoming constricted, "Just.. d-drive." Tears started forming in my eyes. I didn't know what was going on. Scenes from what I guessed was the crash plagued me, barreling down. I gripped the seat, remembering the feeling of complete fear, the screeching of metal. A sob rose up in my throat.

He pulled over, reaching over and pulling me to his chest. I let him, fear tinging my thoughts. It took a few minutes for me to calm down enough to stop crying.

"Lise, hey." He said, pulling back, "Leia needs you."

I felt my throat tighten as I nodded. He started the car up again, this time barely going over ten miles per hour. I squeezed my eyes shut, grabbing his hand. He hummed to me, rubbing circles in my plam with his thumb.

When we got home, I bolted from the car. I didn't remember ever having so much fear coursing through me at one time. Tony walked around to my side, grabbing my bag and putting an arm around my shoulder, "It gets better." He mumbled, pressing his lips to my head.

I nodded, trying not to cry again, "I hope so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeee!! You guys are awesome! Internet hugs and cookies to all my readers on the east coast, as well as the rest because I love you so much ♥
mikkdx3
iShotTheSherriff1313
Erawr
Captain.Tiff_
Spoileddxbrat
FuEnTeSpErRy;
littleedeath
Ahoyjilly
leslieluvlove_
kristinaamo