‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

Roll Me Up Another, We Can Smoke and Watch the Sunrise

I cracked my eyes open, watching Tony's chest rise and fall. I smiled, tracing his tattoos with my finger, thinking about the past. It was crazy how everything'd hit me at once, how I remembered all the emotions and memories. I smiled again, chuckling slightly.

He rolled over toward me, eyes opening. A smile played on his lips, "Hey, you."

"'Morning." I whispered, pecking his lips softly.

His brown eyes sparkled as he yawned, "Good morning. Are we going out for breakfast, or..?"

I shrugged, pulling the sheet up over my bare chest, "It's up to you. We're baby-free for most of today."

He smiled, nuzzling his head into my neck, "Believe me, I know."

I giggled, "Oh, do you?"

He nodded, kissing my jaw lightly, "I plan on taking advantage of that, too."

I laughed, slapping his hand away, "We could go to Waffle House..?"

"Waffle House it is!" He said, sitting up and clapping.

I laughed at his enthusiasm, getting up and throwing on an outfit. I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth fast, grabbing my keys and wallet.

He chuckled, "Someone's excited."

I laughed, "I just really want some coffee." I laced my fingers with his, walking out to the car, "Is it okay if I drive?"

He nodded, climbing into the passenger's side, "So, what time are we going to get Leia?"

I started the engine, "Later. I want to give Mike some time with her, you know?"

Nodding, he sighed. I gave him a worried look, trying to ask him what was wrong without words. He smiled, waving it off, "No, it's fine."

I shook my head, "Tell me."

He sighed again, "It's just.. I don't know. I feel crappy. I don't know, I love you."

I gave him a pity smile, rubbing circles on the back of his hand with my thumb, "Baby, there's nothing to feel sorry about. You're fine, I'm fine, we're fine now."

He nodded, looking out the window, "I just hate feeling like this."

"I know how you're feeling," I said, clearing my throat, "It sucks. It makes you feel like shit, like you want to die, but I promise you it goes away." Depression wasn't something we talked about that often, so it was kind of awkward.

He looked over at me, sadness in his eyes, "I know, Lise. I remember.. You know," He gestured towards my thighs, "It's just.. I hate feeling jealous, it makes me bitter. I keep thinking.. I keep thinking you're gonna leave me.. for Mike."

I felt guilt settle in my stomach, "Tone, babe, you know I- I'm not.. You know I don't feel that way about Mike anymore."

"Are you sure?" He asked, clearing his throat.

I nodded fast, "When I.. Cheated.. Well, I'm not gonna lie, seeing him again after so long had brought back some feelings, but I swear to God, I don't feel them anymore. Whatever I had with Mike's in the past. You're my future, baby," I said, smiling over at him, "I don't want anyone else. I would never cheat on you; never again."

He half-smiled, "I love you, Lise, a lot. I'm jus- I've never been in this situation before, and it's kind of shitty to be honest." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

I laughed, "It's really shitty, and I'm sorry for that." I said, pulling into the parking lot. I looked him in the eyes, "But I can't change the things I've done. God knows I'd love to, but I can't. Neither can you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, but-"

He cut me off, kissing me hard. I smiled as he pulled away, "Don't apologize. Forget regret, right?"

I smiled at the reference, "Exactly."

He laughed, jumping out of the car and running over to open my door, "M'lady."

I laughed at him, "Why, thank you, fair lad."

He kissed my hand, "My pleasure."

~*~

I brought my cup up to my lips, sipping the hot coffee, "I was thinking.." I began.

"Hmm?" He asked, finishing his waffles.

"I want to get another tattoo." I said, taking another sip.

He smiled, wiping his mouth, "Wanna go today?"

I laughed, "Absolutely!"

He smiled, pulling out money for a tip, "Ready?"

I downed the rest of my coffe, nodding. He reached out for my hand, kissing my lips and scrunching his nose.

"You taste like coffee."

I laughed, "You taste like waffles."

He brightened, "Thank you! I try really hard."

I just shook my head, leading him to the car. He laughed at my reaction, pulling me into him. He was warm, familiar. I liked it.

"You smell good." I mumbled against his chest.

He laughed, kissing me on top of the head, "You do."

I looked up at him, his anti-eyebrow piercing glimmering, "You're perfect." I said, feeling heat rush to my cheeks after I said it.

He laughed, tightening his grip on my waist and leaning down, "You are." He said, his lips inches away from mine.

I smiled, standing on my tip-toes to meet his lips, "Can we go to Jeremy? He did my last one.." I trailed off.

He smiled, nodding, "Yeah, lemme call him real fast, see if he's free."

I nodded, running a hand through my hair and going to sit in the car.

He got in after a few minutes, "He said come on down." He mumbled, turning the heat on and rubbing his hands together.

I laughed, "It's not even that cold out."

He made a face, mimicking me, "It's not even that cold out. Blah, blah, I'm from Colorado."

I snorted, hitting his arm playfully, "I do not sound like that."

"Do to." He teased, putting his hands on my neck for warmth.

I yelped, causing him to laugh, "How in the world.. You're the only person I know who could be wearing three layers and still be cold in 50 degree weather."

He shrugged, "That just makes me special."

I shrugged back, "Or a pussy."

He laughed, pointing down the street, "Turn there."

I waved him off, "I know where to turn."

"You just missed- Oh, do you?" He laughed.

I felt my face heat up as I turned around, "If you weren't so damn distracting.." I mumbled.

"How so?" He asked.

I gave him a serious look, "Your face is too pretty."

He sat there for a minute laughing, "You- You're something else, kid." He said, sighing.

I laughed, bringing his hand up to my lips, "You love me."

He nodded, "Yup, I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing them as a couple. A lot. So expect some more gushy, lovey crap, haha!
iShotTheSherriff1313
StephanieSmileyyy
Spoileddxbrat
mexiquinn
mikkdx3
FuEnTeSpErRy;
saveredheads
littleedeath
FrankieFerocious!
Also, lumpingwithcarlile from Tumblr ♥
Ilu guys! ♥