‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

Let's See What Humanity Is Capable of Handling

Tony pulled into the drive way, stretching, “He’s right, you know.”

I shook my head, confusion slightly tainting my words, “What do you mean?”

“Vic,” He said, taking my hand, “What he said. He’s right.”

I smiled, “You think so?”

He nodded, “Yeah, I really do.”

I smiled, getting out of the car and going around to get Leia. Tony went to unlock the door, pulling on his braid. He only did this when there was something important he had to tell me. I felt my pulse quicken, knowing this probably wouldn't be good.

He held the door open, motioning for me to hurry. I laughed, pushing past him and getting Leia settled in her chair. He cleared his throat, walking past me to the bedroom.

“Tony?” I called out, placing a hand on my hip.

He walked back in, smiling, “Yes?

I narrowed my eyes; suspicion began to form in the pit of my stomach, “What are you up to?”

He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck, “N-nothing. Why would I be up to anything?”

I shrugged, “You tell me.”

He laughed guiltily again, “There’s nothing to tell.”

“You sure?” I said, putting my hand back on my hip.

He nodded, “Yup, nothing to worry about here.”

I plopped down on the couch, shrugging. He sat down next to me, lacing his fingers with mine and turning the TV on. It’d been a while since we just hung out at home with Leia. I cuddled into his side, laying my head on his chest. He sighed, playing with my hair.

“I’m happy.” I said, pulling his hand down so I could play with it.

He laughed, “That’s all I want.”

I felt my heart squeeze. He cared about me more than I realized, not that I didn't care about him the same amount. I turned around and faced him, “But seriously, what’s up?”

“Nothing,” He said, turning his attention back to the television.

I sighed; he’d tell me when he wanted to, no use forcing him. I laid back down, pulling out my phone to text Christy. It’d been a while since I’d had any communication with her.

Hey, Chris

I typed, hoping she’d reply.

Lise wow I thought you hated me

I smiled, shaking my head. The conversation went like that for a while. We got caught up with each other’s lives; she and Alan were still together, shockingly, and her sister was expecting. I congratulated her, telling her that I was proud she’d stayed with someone for so long. She told me she was happy I was okay. She’d been to visit me in the hospital, but they didn't let her see me. I told her all about Tony and Leia, about the Mike drama. There was so much she didn't know, and I was so busy I didn’t even realize how much I missed her.

Tony cleared his throat, looking down at the phone in my hands, “Who’re you texting?” He asked.

“Christy,” I said, grabbing the blanket off the back of the couch and cuddling back into his chest.

He wrapped his tattooed arms around me, “It’s been a while since you've talked to her.”

I nodded, replying to her last text before shutting my phone off, “Yeah. It’s nice to just catch up.”

He nodded, playing with my hair. His attention was elsewhere, not even on the TV. I gave him a questioning look; he had something up his sleeves.

I rolled off the couch, standing up and fixing my shirt. He gave me a weird look which I shrugged off. I picked Leia up, going to the kitchen to get food for her. Tony came in after us, grabbing a pop and sitting down at the table with us.

"I missed this." He said.

I looked over at him through my hair, "Yeah, it's nice."

He smiled, sipping his coke, "It is." A look crossed over his face and he started playing with his braid again.

I sat the spoon down, looking him straight in the eye, "Tony, what's wrong?" I asked, serious.

He shrugged, trying to act cool. I saw through his act, "Nothing."

I sighed, "I thought we were past this.." I mumbled, going back to feeding Leia.

He made an angry noise, "Stop it, Lise. You're gonna ruin it!"

I flinched at his tone. "Ruin what?”

He shook his head, grabbing his pop and going to watch TV again. I sighed in defeat, turning to Leia, “Boys suck.”

She laughed, spitting food all over me. I smiled, wiping it up; even if Tony was set on being a jerk, this was still my little slice of heaven.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am beyond tired so I'm sorry if there's any spelling/grammatical mistakes.
iShotTheSherriff1313
littleedeath
PTVTea
mexiquinn
FuEnTeSpErRy;
lyssagirl05
I love, love, love you guys ♥