‹ Prequel: Burst Into Flames
Status: complete!

Scream in the Dark

If It's the End of the World, You and Me Should Spend the Rest of It In Love

“Babe?” Tony called out.

I shook my head; he’d been in front of the TV for three hours now, “What?” I said, carrying Leia to the living room with me.

He smiled up at me, “Come here.”

I rolled my eyes, setting Leia down and joining him on the couch, “What do you want?”

He laughed, “Someone’s icy.”

I rolled my eyes again, my attitude making me angrier, “If it weren't for my asshole boyfriend, I wouldn't be.”

It was his turn to roll his eyes, “Just come here.”

I did, snuggling into his side. He smelled good.

“Better.” He said. It was more of a statement than a question.

I turned my attention to the window; a car was pulling up. Tony noticed, jumping up excitedly.

“They’re here for you. Go.” He said.

I gave him a look, “What? Who’s here?”

He smiled, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door, “Go! Go, go, go!”

I made a sound of protest, but Jaime opened the door, helping him get me out to the car. Tony leaned in the window, giving me a kiss, “Don’t give them any trouble, okay?”

I threw my hands up, “Don’t have much of a choice, do I?” I said sarcastically.

Jaime laughed, starting the car, “Not really, hon.”

~*~

“Jaime, what are we doing?” I asked for the sixth time, tugging at the blindfold he’d placed over my eyes.

“Don’t worry about it,” Same reply as before, “We’re almost there, though.” He said; I could hear the smile in his voice.

I sighed, leaning back in the seat. No use in getting worked up now, we were almost there anyway.

The car came to a stop, someone opening my door. “Come on, love.” A female voice said.

I jumped a little, “Arietta?” I asked.

She giggled, “Yep.” Her small hands gripped my arm tightly, leading me to the house. When we got inside, she took me to her and Jaime’s room, removing my blindfold. “Now, you put that on,” She pointed to an outfit laid out on the bed.

I groaned, the pants looked about two sizes too small, “What’s this for?”I turned around to ask, but she was already out in the hallway. Sighing, I changed quickly.

She peeked her head in the door, “Dressed?” I nodded and she came in, “I knew those would fit you better than they ever would me.” She said, her cheeks a little pink.

I smiled, “This.. Wow, thanks.” I said.

She waved a hand, “Of course. Now, hair. Makeup. Any suggestions?”

I shrugged, “Work your magic.” And she did just that. I looked in the mirror after her primping me; my black hair was curled perfectly and my face was clean except for some eye liner.

She smiled at me, “You look so pretty!” She squealed, hugging me.

I smiled back, “Thanks, Ari. I still don’t even know what’s going on.”

“Nothing you need to worry about yet.”

I frowned, grabbing my jacket off the bed and following her out to the kitchen. Jaime and Vic were there, arguing about something stupid.

“They've not even been together for a- Lise!” Jaime exclaimed, jumping down from the counter. “You clean up nice.” He said with a wink.

I laughed, “Is anyone going to tell me what the hell’s going on?”

They all shook their heads.

I frowned again, reaching for my phone. There was a text from Tony:

Meet me outside

I smiled, looking up at everyone. Vic shrugged; Arietta motioned for the door. I sighed; this was going to be a long night.

~*~

“Antonio Perry,” I said threateningly, “Tell me where we’re going. Right now.”

He shook his head, turning the radio up louder and singing. He pulled over shutting off the engine and helping me out, “Do you remember this place?” He asked, leading me up a hill.

I nodded, “Vaguely.”

He kept walking, going towards the edge. I felt my heart beat increase; I was scared of heights. “Tony-“

He cut me off, “I know. We’re almost there.”

I smiled to myself, letting him lead me to wherever we were going. He took me to a spot that was cleared out except for a blanket, motioning for me to sit down. I did, patting the ground next to me.

“Elise,” He said, sitting down next to me, “I know you still don't remember everything- dates, time, whatever. But today is our one year anniversary.”

I frowned, my heartbeat increasing, "No, that can't-"

“It is,” He said, kissing my hand, “I don't care if you remember. I just.. I love you a lot, and I don't want you to ever forget that.”

A light bulb went off, “Is this what was bothering you earlier?” I asked.

He laughed, “Sort of.”

I smiled, “So, what’re we doing here?”

A look passed through his eyes; anticipation, maybe. “Lise,” He said, reaching into his pocket, “I wan- will.. You mean more to me than the moon to the sun. I want to be by your side everyday of eternity; I want to be there for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, or even just someone to laugh with. I want to make new memories with you.”

I smiled, where was this coming from?

He pulled out a small, velvet box. “I-Lise..” He trailed off, opening the box.

I felt my heart explode. My toes went numb, I was too shocked to move.

He rubbed the back of his neck, “I.. Will you marry me?”

Tears pooled in my eyes making it hard to see, “Tony..” I trailed off, reaching out for his hand.

He looked down at the ground awkwardly, waiting for a response.

“Tone,” I said, catching my breath, “Of course!”

He looked up at me, smiling, “Are you serious?”

I nodded, “Of fucking course! Yes, yes.” I kissed him hard, “Of course.” I whispered against his lips.

His smile mimicked mine, “Wow,” He said, putting the ring on my finger.

I laughed, “It even fits perfectly.” I said, admiring it.

“I might have measured your finger when you were asleep.” He said guilty.

I laughed again, this was too perfect, “What’s the catch?” I asked.

He looked up at me through his lashes, giving me another kiss, “I want to have a baby.”

I almost snorted, "I don't think you have the right anatomy for that."

He laughed, "You know what I meant."

"I do," I said, serious this time, "I do know, and I think that's a positively stupendous idea."

His face lit up, "Really?"

I nodded, "Anything. Anything for you." I looked down at my finger, the ring was sparkling in sunlight.

He pulled my chin up, locking eyes with me and pressing his lips against mine. "Do you remember what happened last time we were up here?"

I smiled seductively, "I think you might need to refresh my memory.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, you guys get another update because you all are beautiful, wonderful, splendid creatures.
I mean, four comments in a half hour?! That's fucking awesome!
littleedeath
PTVTea
FuEnTeSpErRy;
iShotTheSherriff1313
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH ASHDFKLSKDLKFHD ♥