Status: Complete

Never What You Think

Step 2

“Hey!” the Doncaster boy said letting his friend in. “I was just on my way out.”
“Were you? Where ya going” He asked.
“Eleanor‘s.” He replied heedlessly, smirking. “There something you need?”
“Yeah. Can I borrow your jacket? It‘s a bit chilly outside, and I can‘t fine mine” Louis nodded. “You silly boy, always losing your damn things. Which one?” He walked over to his suitcase and his friend imperceptibly pulled the room blinds closed. “This one?” Louis asked turning around with a blue jean jacket grasped in his hand.
“Um...no, no the other one.” The boy shook his head. Louis searched through the suitcase once again. He wasn’t so sure what he was looking for. For he and his friend had no similar style at all. His friend never borrowed clothing from him. So why now? Plus, why had he closed the blinds? Louis thought for a moment. He faced scrunched in confusion as he searched his bag. “Mate, I don’t have many other jumpers. Especially one that would match your outfit.” Then suddenly he felt a tight, thin rope around his neck pulling tightly. His hands instantly moved to his neck to free himself. Breathing was becoming hard to do, and his throat hurt from the thin wire cutting into him. He desperately tried to kick behind him, punch, anything that would set him free, but all failed. Right when he was leaving consciousness, he heard his friend say, “I’m sorry, but I guess your style in clothing is a bit…deadly.” Louis’ body fell to the ground. Dead. His friend laughed at his joke and stepped over the body. “I liked you. Hhm. Too bad.”

As he stepped out into the hall again, he smiled. This was going by way faster than he expected. In the pit of his stomach he felt a bit of guilt. These were the guys he had spent most of his time with. The guys who he turned to when he had a problem, the guys that made him laugh, and feel complete. Yet, in his mind, the prize at the end was much better than any type of friendship. Even if it did last for four years. He had to forget about everything he’s been through, and keep his eye on the prize.