Status: Complete

Never What You Think

And The Truth Comes Out

He knocked on the door. While he waited, he fixed his clothing. He didn’t want anything to look out of place. When the door opened Liam smiled cheerfully. “Hey!!” He smiled opening his arms for a hug. Liam moved in and hugged his friend tightly. “Come in!” He said when they finished hugging. His band mate walked into the hotel room, following Liam. “You watch the game?” He asked flopping down on Liam’s bed. Liam chuckled. “You know it. Did you?” His friend chuckled. “Maybe.” He smirked. “Yeah, so whatcha been up to?” Liam asked. His friend smirked, then licked his lips. He couldn’t hide the pleasure he had with deeds he had just done. “…I’m guessing that’s a good thing.” His friend replied, winking. The smirk on his friend’s face grew bigger. “A very good thing.” Liam chuckled. “Was it easy?” He asked. “Somewhat.” The all-too-familiar dimple in his band mates cheek began to grow prominent. “Harry, are you sure they’re dead?” Liam asked. Harry chuckled. “I made sure of it, Liam.”
“Did anyone see you?”
“No, I closed the blinds.” Liam sighed a sigh of relief, then walked over to Harry. He placed his hands on Harry’s shoulders and smiled. “It’s just us now. We will have it all. Finally.” He ruffled Harry’s hair. “It’s just me and you, dude.” Harry mumbled. Liam smiled again then turned to grab some drinks. “I’m proud of you, you know. You’ve done a great thing.” When Liam turned he felt a hard knock to his jaw. “Ouch! What the hell!” Liam yelled grabbing his face. A sharp pain was spreading fast. When he finally looked where the blow came from he saw Harry standing two feet away with a knife in his hand. “Harry…” Liam said. His hands flew up in defense, dropping the unopened drinks. They made a loud thud as they hit the carpet. “I’m not dumb, Liam.”
“Harry what are you talking…about.” Liam asked cautiously.
“You think I’m stupid? I know you’re planning on killing me. You don’t wanna share the money, or the fame, or anything!”
“Harry, buddy, you know that’s not true.”
‘Bullshit!” Harry yelled. Suddenly, it hit Harry. Hard. The guilt of what he just did to the people who he cared the most about came crashing down on him like the waves of a tsunami. Flooding him with pain and grief. “Oh God! What did I just do?” Harry sobbed. “What did I do?!” His shoulder’s shook, and he was losing breath from crying so hard. And just like that the knife was snatched from his hands. “Oh get the hell over yourself! You killed people. So what!!” Liam yelled. Harry looked up. His curly mop of curls covering one side of his eyes. “You did this. You made me do this.” He yelled tears streaming down his cheeks. “You know, Harry. You’re a lot smarter than you look…and, in-fact, sound. You’re right. I was planning on killing you. Shooting you, to be descriptive. You just did my dirty deeds for me, and I thank you for that.” Liam said. “But now it’s time for you to go, and the spotlight to be on me. Oh! What will the fans think when they find out that poor Harry went crazy and killed all of his band mates; and, poor Liam survived?” Harry gasped. “But that’s not true!” Liam smirked. “And who’s to say it isn’t? You? In about 30 seconds, you’ll be dead.” Harry stared as Liam laughed. Suddenly, Liam was pushed down and pinned to the floor. Hard fists pounded against his cheek over and over , until he flipped to where he was on-top of Harry. The dominate one again. “Just give up, murderer.” Liam snarled. Anger running through his veins. This was supposed to be easy. Harry wasn’t supposed to find out that, he too, would be dead. “No!” Harry yelled, spitting at Liam. Harry kicked and tried to bite at Liam’s wrists to get free, but just like the deceased victims he assassinated, he failed. Harry closed his eyes. It was over for him and he knew it. When he opened them he spotted a gun on the night-stand. Maybe it wouldn’t be over. All he had to do was get to the gun and shoot his foe. The only thing was, did he want to live? Could he live with the guilt of knowing he killed his best friends over something so petty? He scrambled his arms around Liam’s neck and choked him. Liam was turning red. Right before he could lose consciousness, Harry pushed him aside and crawled for the gun. It was so close, so close to him, but suddenly, he felt his body falling to the ground. For Liam had grabbed his ankle and dragged him down. “No!” Liam yelled. He crawled on-top of Harry and grabbed the gun, holding it up to Harry’s head. Struggling grunts filled the room. “It was nice working with you man.” He said. Un-expectantly, Harry grabbed Liam’s wrists and moved the gun away from his head. He used all of his might to push Liam away. Liam’s hold on the gun loosened and it fell to the ground. Both Harry and Liam’s eyes snapped to the weapon only a foot away from them. “I’m sorry.” Harry whispered, letting a tear fall down his cheek. They both grabbed for it, when, precipitously, a loud shot fired through the air, leaving one of the two villains dead.

Two Weeks Later

“It’s an everyday struggle knowing what happened to my closest friends.” The boy said to the interviewer, holding back tears. She wiped away a few tears of her own. “It must be so hard.” She said. “It is. I miss them all very much. I feel guilty sometimes. I always wonder what would have happened if I would have found out sooner.” This was the former One Direction member’s forty- fifth interview about his band mates deaths in two weeks. He had his speech memorized since they were living. He has waited for this moment for so long, and the fact that it was actually happening to him, made him…proud. “Well thank you for coming in today.” The interviewer said. The boy sniffled and smiled weakly. She turned to the camera and smiled. “Thanks everybody for tuning in to our show featuring Liam Payne: Victim, and only survivor, from the brutal murder of One Direction.” Liam smiled and waved goodbye to the camera.

Later that day, he sat in his hotel room, satisfied. Of course, it was hard explaining to the cops what happened. It was hard saying: “My best friend snapped, probably from pressure, and killed all of One Direction. One morning he knocked on my door and charged into my room to shoot me, but I defended myself….and he ended up…well…dead.” Believable right? Of course, he added a sniffle and a sob wherever he could, because he was supposed to be destroyed. But he wasn’t. He was no where near destroyed. The fans and media believed him. Why wouldn’t they? Poor, innocent Liam. He smirked. Some of the staff even confessed to seeing a “Crazed Harry” running through the halls with a gun. Liam had the power to make everyone feel sorry for him, and believe everything he fabricated. Some things are never what you think. Outside, fans were screaming and singing songs to him. He stood and went over to the balcony. He finally got what he wanted. He stepped outside and was greeted by cheers. A sea of people there just for him. Poor, innocent Liam. He bowed. Now he was the star, the one and only. No body would ever know the truth behind the “brutal murders of One Direction” except him. The king. The one and only star.
♠ ♠ ♠
The petty man is eager to make boasts, yet desires that others should believe in him. He enthusiastically engages in deception, yet wants others to have affection for him. He conducts himself like an animal, yet wants others to think well of him.

-Xun Zi

Hello, readers! So I've never done anything like this before. It was just a Halloween thing. I really hope you enjoyed reading it! Check out my other story "In A Strange Place".