Sequel: High School Rocks
Status: Completed

High School Sucks

Simple

Holly smiled when Steve sneakily took her hand. "I love it when you do that" Holly blushed. "You are adorable"
"I try" he squeezed her hand. "You didn't invite anyone right?"
"I didn't" he said. "Hopefully it can just be me and you" Holly opened the door to Kim's house and saw all the people and the smell of alcohol. She was not expecting that.
"Fuck" she said.
"Interesting"
"Kim!" Holly exclaimed. She grabbed Kim and Heather and dragged them into the kitchen. "This party is bigger than ten people!"
"I know it's awesome!" Kim said. "It's not that bad, as long as no one else comes"
"Well Steve didn't invite anyone" Holly said. "I was just hoping we could get some privacy"
"Go into my parents room upstairs, plenty of privacy" Holly smirked.
"Thanks" She looked into the living room. "No me gusta" she said. Steve was sampling the alcohol with the other boys.
"He's a pretty heavy drinker according to Vanessa" Heather said. "You might want to stop him while you have the chance" Holly started toward Steve but the door opened. Just the quiet sound alone made the three of them stare at it.
"Party's here!" Maria exclaimed.
"Oh no" Holly said. The biggest slut of their class was here and since Steve was the only boy from their school at the party she had all the liberties to flirt with him. Holly went over to Steve.
"Hey" he pulled her belt loops closer to him and kissed her lips gently. He tasted of alcohol. THis situation was already spiraling and they were only there for like a few minutes.
...
Calming the party down was not as simple as it seemed to be. These kids wanted alcohol and sex and since all the girls but Maria and her few friends were two rigid to have sex they were left with the alcohol.
"I can't believe this" Kim looked to the part. "At least 30 people"
"In only an hour" Holly looked at her phone. It was almost midnight.
"The party's not that bad though" Heather said.
"As long as it doesn't get any bigger i don't care" Kim said. "I just want time alone"
"We can watch the party, go get your man" Kim smiled.
"Thanks guys" Kim left.
Holly sighed. "What's wrong?"
"I don't think this is going to work" Holly said. "Me and Steve"
Heather thought about it. "Wait a minute--"
"Are you catching on?" Holly asked.
"Yup, did you bring him here as a test?" Holly nodded.
"I wanted to see how he'd act around alcohol" he said. "He doesn't even want to hang out with me--he's way more into Maria...im so stupid"
"It's not too late" Heather said. "To call Ross"
"No way"
"Vanessa's at the football party, call her!"
"No" she looked at her phone. She wanted to SOOO BAD but she kept telling herself that he'd reject her or something.
"Shut up" Heather took Holly's phone from her and ran into the nearest room where Holly couldn't get here. "Hey Vanessa are you still at the party? Great, we need Ross, i think Holly's in denial. She likes him more than Steve obviously--i don't know tell him something!"
...
Vanessa got off the phone with Heather. "Hey Ross" he walked across the party. "Twister or Holly"
"What's wrong with Holly?" he asked quickly. "It's like midnight, is she okay?"
"Problems with Steve" Vanessa said. "She needs a knight in shining armor right now--this is your chance. I have reasons to believe she likes you alot"
"Really?"
"She's only with Steve because she promised. If you go now you are so in there" Ross grabbed his keys and ran out of the house. "Whoa, wait for me!"
...
The party doubled within the time Heather called Vanessa and the time Vanessa and Ross actually got to Kim's house.
"Im so fucking stupid" Kim cried. "He never wanted me, and i spent all this time on this party for nothing!" She took another swig of the bottle.
"You're stupid?" Holly asked. "You try watching your date kiss and want to be with someone else. Im so uninteresting" she wiped a tear. She was choking them back.
Heather sighed. "This sucks"
"And my parents are going to kill me, the house is a mess!" Kim cried.
"Give me that" Holly took the bottle of smirnoff and just took a long swig. "I need to mellow out" there were a few knocks on the bathroom door.
Heather opened the door and slipped out. "Finally" she hugged Vanessa. "Things have gotten out of control"
"Whoa" Ross said. "Holly said like ten people were coming"
"Yeah that's before Steve and Kim's not-boyfriend told everyone and their mothers about this party" Heather said. "Kim's having a mental breakdown and Holly's having a bigger mental breakdown then usual"
"Where is she?" Ross asked. Heather pointed to the door. he opened the door.
"Hey Hol" she tensed up and fixed her hair. "Let's go" he said simply.
"Where?"
"Anywhere but here"
"Sounds good" he held his hand out. She took it. he squeezed it. The two walked out hand in hand and Steve was too wasted to notice. "You don't drink right?"
"depends, i definately don't get trashed" Ross said. "And i haven't had anything since before football started so im good" they got in Ross' car. "What was going on in there with Steve?"
"He ditched me for free booze and Maria" she said. "Im so stupid"
"No you're not" Ross said. he pulled out of the driveway and started driving. "You didn't see that side of him until now"
"No" Holly said. "I knew he was a party kid i just thought he would choose me like in the movies" she said. "But im not that special anyways so it makes sense"
"Youre joking"
"Im serious" Holly said. "I feel bad for anyone that tries im so boring" she said.
"I think you're funny and sarcastic and sweet and smart--" he listed ad he cut her off.
"YOu don't have to say that"
"But i want too, because you're lovely" he pulled into an empty parking lot. "And all i've wanted to do for the longest time is shout for the heavens how much i like you"
♠ ♠ ♠
i hate this story so fucking much
but its apart of the writing challenge i did so i want to post it