Sequel: High School Rocks
Status: Completed

High School Sucks

Truth

19--

"It's official, i like my bestfriend" Matt said.

"Whoa, what does Hailey say about this?" GUy asked. they walked into the school for the next day of winter carnival.

"We broke up over it last night" Matt said. "I told her up front after a few hours of thinking aout it. I like her and i don't know why"

"Honestly i want to know why i likd her, too. SHe's not like others girls i think" he explaind. "She's easy going, fun, other girls just complain about everything she's just...Sohee"

"Yeah" Matt said. "Well i know i'll never have her"

"Why not?"

"She's with this kid from this other school" Matt said. "Some athlete. He's totally her type. Fit, athletic, muscular, hot, popular"

"So what if your not any of those things" GUy said.

"Wow thanks, Gee"

"I mean you're still her bestfriend. You're fun to be around, funny, she likes you alot. She wouldn't let you squeeze your hand or hug you if she didn't"

"But she wouldn't leave Zack for me"

...

Lauren and Sohee waited in Law for class to start. "Jeez i'm three days behind my period"

"Wow, Lo, you pregnant?" Lauren laughed.

"Not in the slightest"

"Periods are late for me all the time...i'm too irregular to keep track of"

"Me too" Lauren put her phone away. She was never late on her period though and three days is a long period to be late for.

"Anyways" Sohee said. "I'm so pumped for Day 2 of winter carnival"

"Me too, Kyle was amazing yesterday! Oh and i loved the interview you did with him. Calling him Lauren's boyfriend" the girls laughed. Vanessa walked in.

"Hey bitches" she said. "Ready for today? Because Ben can't play i'm now in Volleyball!!"

"Awesome!"

Holly came into the room. Sohee and Lauren smiled at her. Ever since her random break up with AJ, they've been trying to be really nice to her.

"I need to piss and then we can talk hot guys!" Vanessa said. She left the room.

"Ok i need to blab" Lauren said. "Last night Vee and i were talking and she told me about something...about you and AJ" Holly's face changed to sadness. Vanessa was already flirting with AJ like nothing happened between him and Holly.

"What? WHat did she do now?"

"She told AJ you were on look out at him during the game" Holly looked to AJ who was looking away from them. Her heart was racing, she was getting sweaty. Ultimately she just felt embarassed. "I want to tell you because...it's just terrible" Lauren said. "If someone knew something sketchy about my breakup i would want to know right away"

Holly stopped thinking about her wrecked relationship with AJ and even Vanessa and thought about Sohee and Zack. Was this her time to say something? But does she? It's one thing to hear knews AFTER something happened. Sohee is still with Zack, it could wreck her. And she's the seniors biggest cheerleader.

Sohee was thinking the same. She didn't know about Holly or any of that but she just felt bad. She knew Holly wasn't independent enough to break up with Vanessa and end the abuse. Sohee wanted to say something about cutting her out of their lives but she didn't.

"Why could she do such a thing?"

"She's just evil" Sohee said. "It all started last year. When i was dating Randy. We were so in love" Sohee felt the tears coming. "We started like officially together in March but we were exclusive in like January" Sohee giggled. "He was my world. I know why we broke up but the fact that she slept with him after the hard time i had getting over it is just low" Dakota put his head down on his desk. He heard the whole story. "I wish i could punch her in the face...but i need to be the bigger person"

'Why is she taking abuse?' Dakota thought. She's so much more than Vanssa's best friend.

"You know WHY she slept with him, right?" Lauren asked. "She told me she liked him around October...and then a month later you guys start talking" she said. "She was pissed"

"She didn't say anything"

"She usually doesn't. She's not the confrontational type. She does all the backstabbing when no ones around" Lauren explained. "I told her to tell you when things heated up between you and Randy in January but she didn't..."

"I am over Randy" Sohee said. "Seperating was the best cosidering my parents hated him" they laughed. "But remember freshman year? I really liked Mikey"

"The same Mikey who just moved back from Zack's school?" Holly asked.

"Yeah, I was like hopelessly infatuated with him and he wanted to go out on a date...but Vanessa liked him and i said no..." Sohee said. "I said no" she repeated. "I said fucking no...and she dated Mike for three months before she cheated on him with fucking what's-his-face"

"Well...he's back" Lauren said.

"I would never...it's been like three or so years. He probably doesn't even like me like that" Sohee said. "And besides I have Zack" but Lauren could hear the doubt in her voice. "I have such bad times with relatioships"

"We all do" Holly said. "Trust me"

...

During his study hall, Mike deciddd to call Zack and ask about a potentiall double date that night.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" Mike asked.

"Things"

"Are you busy around 8" Zack looked at his past text with Vanessa. THey had a 'meeting' starting at 7. Zack had no plans of cutting it early.

"Yeah"

"What are you doing, if i can just ask?"

"Vanessa"

"What?"

"I'm totally fucking Vanessa" Mike almost dropped his phone. "Oh yeah you don't know...i made an agreement with Vanessa, she's trying to break Sohee so i'm pretending to date her" Mike hung up his phone.

"Who was that?" Dakota asked.

"No one" he said. he thought back to freshman year. It was a good time. He was known as the ladies man up until he transfered schools. He remembered how much Sohee adored him. It was kind of weird at first because people teased them but as months went on he really liked her back. Then Vanessa came along and well, they startd dating maybe two weeks after Sohee said no to him, which was so unexpected.

He didn't think Sohee would remember freshmen year. Alot of bad things happened to her but still....would she remember all the shits and giggles they had together? Would she remember any of it?

MIke knew one thing for sure. If he was Sohee in this situation he would want someone to tell him up straight what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story has taken a plot twist! I can let you know one thing, Sohee won't end up with Bryan (wah!) and Holly won't end up with AJ.