Sequel: High School Rocks
Status: Completed

High School Sucks

Rory

20--

"OK well" Sohee said. "the second day is always the most intense day of the week" she started. "So pull yourself together you guys did so good yesterday" Shay nodded.

"I have too, one of our players for basketball can't play so i'm in...i'm the class prez i need to lead! But i'm not Jenny"

"Jenny just rubs me the wrong way...stupid fucking sophomores" the two sisters, practically identical walked into school together. "Don't worry about them they'll burn out"

"You think so?"

"The prize for third is between you and the juniors. I think the juniors like being in third, it's like a fucking running joke or something...but whatever. See you at lunch" the two sisters split ways. Sohee headed up to her locker in the upper west wing while Shay stayed downstairs in the lower east wing.

"Hey Shay!" a sophomore friend of Sohee's smiled as he walked past her.

"Hey!" Shay and her older sister were opposites. Shay was popular but with girls, she didn't have lukc getting a boyfriend like Sohee. While on the other hand Sohee sucks with girls and does awesome with male friends. It's confusing, they grew up in the same house, same room, same enviroment yet Shay is shy around boys.

"We're going to crush yoU!" Gary, the boy exclaimed. "Sophomores rule!"

"Yeah but no, the seniors got you...i know it"

"Fuck yoU!" Gary walked away. She smiled. Winter Carnival brought out the best in people.

...

"What the fuck is going on!" a friend of Matt's, Sydney asked. Matt was fuming. He was WAITING for Mike to get to school. "Why do you suddenly hate Mike? You guys are best friends!"

"Not anymore"

"What do you mean" Dakota took Sydney aside.

"He likes Sohee and Mike likes Sohee" Sydney sighed.

"All of this anger and rage over a fucking girl?" Sydney asked. "You do realize that if you touch him your done for the week, right?"

"I don't care" Sydney could see it in his eyes. He really liked Sohee.

"Since when did this fucking girl get all the action" Sydney said. Dakota shrugged.

"She's not a Vanessa, and that's all guys want. Someone who's not going to fuck with their heart" Sydney turned to Dakota, almost waiting for a confession. "I know that's what i want...but i missed my chance"

Matt saw Mikey coming down the hall. "Finally" Matt charged down the hall and attacked Mike. Sydney and Dakota's eys widened as they turned to each other.

"That was fast" the two ran down the hall along with most of the seniors and juniors in that hallway. They all gathered around. Rhythmically chanting 'fight! fight! fight!'. When Dakota and Sydney fougth their way to the ground they saw Mike taking a beating from Matt.

"What the fuck is going on!" Kyle made his way to the fight. "God damn it!" Kyle got inbetween Matt and Mike. He pushed Matt against the lockers. "Fights over!" he exclaimd. The crowd dispersed. Kyle turned to Mike.

"Don't say anything" Kyle told him. A teacher came down the hall.

"What just happened?" she asked, she could see the boys were both red. Mike clearly had cuts and a bruise was forming around his eye.

Mike wiped his nose and blood came off. "Awkward...nothing happened, Miss" he said.

"Office" the teacher said to the both of them.

"God damnit Matt!" Kyle exclaimed. "Do you kow what you just did!" he exclaimed as he followed them downstairs. "You royally fucked us in the ass"

"Language!"

"Sorry, what was this all about anyways?"

"Sohee" Mike said. "He wants Sohee...but i won't let him have her. I won't let anyone have her...she needs to know the truth."

"The truth?" Kyle asked.

"Oh, you don't know? You'll find out soon" Mike headed into the office.

"Hold down the fort for me" Matt handed Kyle his camera. "Don't let that bastard near her"

"What the fuck is going on"

"I want to make one thing right" Matt said. "I'll talk to you later" Matt went inside the office.

"The fuck" Kyle said. Lauren ran down the hall.

"What was that fight about?"

"I'm going to find out...be my Watson?" Lauren smiled.

"I'd love to"

"Start by finding out what connections Mike and Sohee had"

"Oh i know" Lauren said. "He asked her out in the 9th grade. But she said no because Vanessa liked him...why?"

"I think I got it now...thanks Watson"

...

Lauren and Holly walked to study together, leaving Sohee behind. Why? so they could talk about her.

"I don't think Sohee actually likes Zack" Holly said. "I mean were not close but she tells Vanessa everything and then she tells me"

"I don't think so either. I think something's fishy. Kyle thinks so too"

"Oh yeah with that whole fight between Matt and Mike...what happened?"

"Dakota told me Matt like attacked Mike this morning for no reason. Kyle and I figured out that maybe it's because they both like Sohee and Matt thinks Mike is going to go after her...not sure yet. Anyways Matt's suspended for two days"

"He won't be back until Thursday?" Holly asked. "But he's like our rock"

"I know, but Kyle's got this" Lauren smiled, to proud of her dorky boyfriend. "Anyways, Mike has a black eye. He's been in the nurse all morning"

"Damn"

"Sohee doesn't know so we'll have to break the news easy...I don't think she realizes how much power she has"

"I think that's why Vanessa hates her so much" Holly said.

"Vanessa hates Sohee?"

Holly didn't bother to answer Lauren's question. "I think Vanessa fears that Sohee is going to be more successful. She wants to break Sohee"

"She won't" Lauren said. Holly didn't have the balls to tell Lauren what she knew. Holly knew if she didn't tell Sohee it would break her eventually.

"Anyways, I like Zack. I think dating someone from another school is exactly what Sohee needed to do...what about you??"

"What about what?"

"Are you going to date anyone else and move on?" she asked. "Because honestly...i think you should get back out there"

"Why?"

"Because if you don't, you're next relatioship...whenever that happens...will be the same as your relationship with Steven...and Ross...and AJ...you can't just give up"

"It's so hard...i feel too betrayed by everyone"

...

Kyle headed into the cafeteria where the seniors were having their study. The perks of being a senior were awesome. No having study with the lame underclassmen is awesome.

He found Rory in the crowd. "Hey Rory!" he sat at her table. She was sitting with Cassie. They were best of friends. "Guess what?"

"What, Kyle?" she asked, annoyed. Kyle wasn't always so friendly with Rory. Well he was but he talked trash about her all the time.

"You're in basketball free throws" Rory's face changed to confusion and then worriedness. "Yup, Emily's not here today and won't be...she caught mono"

"Oh" Rory said. "Why me?"

"Well....Olivia doesn't want to do it" Kyle said. "And your the last person to go to"

"But...no i think we should get someone else" Rory said, panicking. "I'm not on the basketball team. TIm signed me up as a joke"

"He told me, that you're incredible. That in one minute you got 30 shots from the free throw line" Kyle said. "And we have George and Nicole as witnesses to this...so?"

"I don't know"

"You'll be royally screwing us in the ass if you dont. We know Olivia can't shoot to save her life" Rory thought about it. If she did bad everyone would hate her. If she did well maybe she would be popular. She was so sick of getting teased by everyone for being the quiet 'weird' girl. She wasn't weird, she was just waiting to blossom. THis could be her oppurtunity.

"Ok"

"Thanks!!" Kyle said. "Don't worry you'll do fine"

"When is the free throws?"

"Today" he said with a smirk. Matt made this whole job look easy. How did he convince people to overcome their worst fears? How was he such a smooth talker?

"...Ok" She said slowly. Kyle walked away. Cassie shook Rory's arm.

"Congrats!!!"

"Don't congratulate me until i do well"

...

"So it's day 2 of winter carnival...are you in anything?" Sohee asked Mike. Mike tried to cover his eye from her. Rumor was it she had no idea what they fought about.

"Just free throws"

"Sweet" she pulled out her camera. "Don't let me down we're on a roll"

"I won't" Mike smiled.

"So..." she said. "I heard you were in a fight with Matt...what's going on?"

"You don't know?" he asked.

"No"

"You'll find out...i guarentee"

"Ok"

the free throws started. Dakota went first for the seniors scoring 23 points. then they switched to the girls and one girl got 15 pts. Rory was next after Mike.

Mike went third. It's a tradition during winter carnival to scream things. Usually they'll scream the names of girlfriends/boyfriends the person shooting has had to throw them off guard. Since the fight happened earlier and Mike hasn't dated anyone the their school would know of since Vanessa freshmen year they started chanting 'Sohee! Sohee! Sohee! Sohee!!"

Ashley Sohee Park, being the innocent naive girl she is was confused. "What's going on?" She turned to Kyle. "Why are they chanting MY name?"

"It could be any Sohee" Kyle said. "Or maybe they're chanting something else"

"No they're chanting Sohee" she said. "What's going on? Why is Matt suspended, what did they fight over?"

"You" Kyle said. "Matt has the hots for you" Kyle left out Mike just to keep thinks cool between them. Personally Kyle had no idea who this Zack person was but he already knew he was being paid by Vanessa. Alot of people knew. He decided that whatever he said something bad was going to happen in the next few days. He had the sense.

Rory was next for free throws. She looked up at the net from the line. "Wanna warm up?" Dakota asked her. She shook her head.

"I'm good" she tired her blue bandana around her knee. Cassie told her that its goodluck to Sohee. Sohee seems to have alot of luck these days so why not try right?

When they blew the whistle she was off. In that one minute, sixty seconds she had she made EVERY shot she threw. In the end she got 27 points.

"RORY! RORY! RORY! RORY!" the seniors cheered. A ton of the class officers attacked her in a big group hug. Even Kyle did.

"I'm so proud of you!" Kyle said.