Sequel: High School Rocks
Status: Completed

High School Sucks

Backwards

Something changed that weekend for Ross. It was very simple.
He liked Holly alot but something just clicked in his brain. Steve was bad news and he stole his girlfriend and no matter how much Ross liked Holly it didnt matter anymore. She now carried a ton o baggage to be with her and all of that trouble was not worth it.
So that weekend Ross did not call Holly or answer her texts and it broke her to know that her first two male relationships failed before they could even begin.
...
"Im so done" Holly said. "This is what i get for trying to be more flirty" she said. "I was perfectly fine single" Vanessa sighed. She got up from her lunch table and headed to the lunch line.
"Hey" a friend of Holly and Vanessa's, Aj started. "The whole school knows everything....how's Holly?"
"Well thanks to me she doesn't know exactly why Ross doesnt want to be with her. I told her it's because of Steve and he doesn't want to ruin his friendship" Aj sighed. "She's not doing well. I can't believe i convinced her to go out with Steve, none of this would have happened. She's so upset"
"I don't get why she never dated before" Aj said.
"She didn't want to get rejected" that was enough.
...
Holly still saw Ross EVERYWHERE. Witthin weeks he moved on with someone new and so did Steve. So she was frozen in the past while the whole world moved on.
...
"You know what i really really want" Bryan started.
"What?" Ross asked
"For you to go over to Holly and apologize" Bryan said. "She's not going to date anyone ever again and dammit that sucks because she's so sweet" he explained. "And i hate that I basically lied to her to protect her feelings"
"Yeah" AJ said. "Go apologize. You haven't talked to her since. It's been three weeks god dammnit"
"Fine" Ross got up and crossed the cafeteria but when he got half way he turned around. Bryan and AJ aknowledged him to go. He turned around again and saw she was sitting with her friends. He walked back to his table. "She's sitting with peple, i'll talk to her later" AJ got up and literally dragged Ross across the cafeteria.
It was little things but AJ's relationship with Holly took off after the whole Ross situation. AJ wanted a chance with Holly and he wouldn't have one if Ross didn't completely end and solidify things between them.
"Holly, ROss has something to say"
"OH" Vanessa said. "Guys did you see the new vending machine!" everyone scattered from the table and Aj left them alone.
Ross sat besides Holly. "Im sorry" he said. After he said it he felt a lot better. "Oh wow" he said. "Well, um, i feel like an ass but i don't want to lie to you anymore"
"What do you mean?"
"I didn't want to continue our relationship because then i'd have to deal with Steve and all his goons and the complications"
"So basically im damaged goods" Holly said.
"No not really"
"Yeah basically" Holly said. "Sweet" she got up and left the cafeteria, for a school with such strict rules she walked out easily. Ross sighed.
He ruined her.