Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

Eastwood High

I stared out onto the clear green grass. It was gleaming in the rich sunlight. I awed at the alternating rays of yellow and orange against the green grass. My school mates were playing now, being their regular teenage selves. Some were studying on the tables, others were listening to music in a circle, and others were just messing around in the midst of each other. But my eyes were fixative on one person truthfully. I couldn’t resist his beautiful appearance. He was laughing with his friends happily. His laughter twinkled with his deep emerald eyes with specks of gold. I loved how his virtual black hair carefully swept over those two limpid pools of green. His white flannel t-shirt hung over his jeans shorts. I watched him as he was actively talking with his friends. It was clear he was very social and popular. His name lured me to his attraction the most. Asher. Asher. I mouthed the name over and over. Asher. It was the name I doodled on my notebook, and wrote in my diary. Little did he know I hardly existed, or that I have been crushing on him since junior high. Being in the middle of sophomore year, I had no idea when he would know the truth. I had no idea when Asher Peterson would know I was madly in love with him, or that…

“Ava..!” “Ava!” I shook myself out of my love trance. I turned to my left and saw my best friend, Summer gaping at me with her curious blue eyes.

“Hello! Earth to Ava Stream?” I stared at her.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

“What were you thinking about?” She asked.

“Nothing,” I replied looking down to the grass. I watched a few tiny black ants crawling over each other. Summer looked up at the direction I was once looking at, she stared for a while before smiling.

“Oh…”

“Summer…” I began blushing. She giggled.

“Asher right? You know Ava, if you like him, you can tell him, he won’t mind,” Summer said facing me.

“Or won’t know that I even exist,” I muttered.

“He’s knows you,” Summer assumed.

“You guys have been in the same class together since eighth grade.”

“The only time we ever talked was when we were partners in art class in middle school,” I said.

“Yeah… but that’s a start,” Summer said in her usual optimistic tone.

“Summer,” I began.

“We’re fifteen now and in high school, how can I tell a boy I’ve liked for three years I have feelings for him all of sudden?” I questioned. Summer eyed me before looking back at the lawn.

“It’s easy,” she said. I raised an eyebrow.

“Hey Asher!” Summer hollered, I froze in fear. Asher Peterson turned to our direction and stared at us. I swallowed my breath, and disappeared in seconds, leaving Summer alone on the stone bench. I didn’t talk to Summer for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it!! :)