Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

How I Met The Beautiful Ava Stream

I also had another frequent matter: girls. I constantly drew their attention, and had no idea why. Being fifteen, you’d be surprised I have never had a girlfriend, let alone kissed one. I wasn’t into crushes and infatuations. I do remember being chased around by several girls in elementary school. By the time, I got to junior high, I started getting secret admirer notes. I didn’t really know how to react them, but I took them as positive tributes.

There was only person who I actually admired. I remember my first few days of middle school. New buildings, new lockers, inability of keeping up with class schedules, and all the typical problems. I slammed my locker shut that day, late for Math Class. I knew Mrs. Vega was going to kill me. I raced down the hall and accidentally bumped into someone. I groaned as my notebooks and textbooks fell on the floor.

“Oh I’m sorry,” I heard a voice. It was most soft-spoken, angelic voice I’ve ever heard. I busy picking up my books off the floor before I had a chance to look at her. That was when I saw the most amazing pair of violet eyes.

I had never seen violet eyes before. I only thought some famous actresses had them, but they were appealing. She had long brown hair. I recognized that face though. It looked familiar. I went to a summer camp that was like a orientation for my middle school.

There one girl who was different from the rest. She was shy though, I could tell. While the other girls were laughing and talking, she was standing alone looking nervous. I stared at her from across the group of boys in the midst of each other. I looked at the raging bonfire, and decided on throwing a stick into it, withdrawing myself from my friends.

As I walked to the bonfire, that was when we touched hands, I politely introduced myself, receiving a silent response, but for the first time, I knew I liked someone. She was still staring at me in the hallway, having her books securely held in her arm. She gaped at me once more, before nervously walking behind me, leaving me alone in the school hallway. I shook myself back into my senses, and raced off to Math class.

I often thought about her. In class, with my friends, even while surfing. I couldn’t get her out of my mind. I was completely unsure of my newfound crush in my thirteen-year-old life. I didn’t know her name, or who she was. That was until I realized we were in the same English class.

I saw her sitting down in the third row. Whenever Ms. Quay passed out our essays after grading, it gave me a chance to see her penmanship. It was neat and beautiful. I liked her smooth cursive and how she always laced her “y’s.” She never read aloud to the class. When Ms. Quay called her front to read, she shyly shook her head and blushed.

I found out her name was Ava Marie Stream, but everyone called her Ava. I always did my best to ignore the typical girliness and flirtations from my desk mates, Jennifer and Candace. Although they were two of the most popular girls in school, their girly love notes didn’t match to my keenness in Ava. Months passed, and during second semester in seventh grade, she was still anonymous to me, at least I thought so.