Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

Taylor

“Come on,” My Dad told me as I followed him to his office. He unlocked the door and turned on the lights. I admired my Dad’s office. It was so spacious and clean. He had a large bookshelf filled with hundreds of books. His desk had organized documents all aligned along with a picture of me. I was about thirteen in the photo. There was also another one of us. I was a lot younger, about seven. My Dad settled himself down.

“I’m going to go settle this case now, Ava you stay by the balcony, if you need anything let Quinn know.”

Quinn was the administrator at the youth centre, I knew where to find her.

“Okay,” I replied. My Dad nodded his head as he left his office. I stood alone for a few moments, wondering if Taylor was going to be okay. I then turned around and walked to the balcony. I opened the glass door and stepped out.

After closing it behind me, I walked to a table and sat down, placing my journal down. I sat down and turned to my newest poem, “My Confession,” and continued writing. While writing, I actually wondered when I would have the courage to tell Asher how I felt. I really liked him, I’ve never liked a boy so much before. I wrote poetry about him, love songs, and diary entries. I’ve kept the entire secret any from the world, with an exception of Summer.

“Someday I’d tell him…” I wrote. “Someday he’d know…” “And on that day, we’d be one.” I wrote the date underneath the last line and sighed. I was already halfway through my journal. I decided to get up and use the bathroom. There was already one in my Dad’s office. As I turned the lights on to the dark bathroom. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I stared at myself in the mirror and thought. Maybe I wasn’t pretty enough for Asher. I mean, he had girls swooning over him everyday. I bet it wouldn’t be long before someone like Sadie Adams or Jennifer Gold goes out with him. I’d watch them walk hand in hand, while I would just stand there heartbroken.

Girls in school though tell me I’m pretty all the time, and my relatives always tell me I’m beautiful. My Dad says my natural, quiet nature adds to my natural beauty, just like my mother. I find it hard to believe them all. To me, I was just an ordinary teenage girl who was somewhere in between picturesque and mundane. Maybe if I cut my hair Asher would notice me. I had second thoughts about that though, because I never cut my hair before, and I liked my long brown hair. My hair wasn’t beautifully golden like Jennifer Gold’s, or fashionably styled like Candace Bryson’s.

Mine was naturally brown with highlights. I always kept in clean and had no split ends. It fell to my shoulders just below my underarms. Whenever I am writing, I keep it in a lose ponytail to keep my hair from my face. My eyes were inquisitive, I did like how they were violet though. Not many people had violet eyes. In the end, I smiled at myself knowing I had to be happy with my appearance no matter what. I turned out the lights to the bathroom and decided to leave my Dad’s office. The waiting room was highly air-conditioned. I wonder why people like it so cold in here. I looked around, there was one therapy with a closed door. That meant my Dad was busy with a client.

The one next to it was open. Iris’s therapy room was right next to my Dad, but it was empty. I couldn’t care less where she was. Moments later, my Dad’s therapy room opened. I didn’t know whether to go back to my Dad’s office or walk off to the elevator, but my feet didn’t want to move. Taylor and my Dad walked out. Taylor looked more relaxed, my Dad must’ve really talked to him. My Dad was behind him as he closed the door to the therapy room.

“Thank you Mr. Peterson, that really helped,” Taylor said facing him. He didn’t know I was standing behind the waiting room.

“Anytime Taylor, it’s my job,” My Dad said. He then put his hands on his shoulders, as if he were his son.

“And remember, death isn’t the end, trust me, your Mom will always love you,” he said.

Taylor nodded his hand. That was when I stumbled forward, catching both their attention. My Dad took his hands of Taylor’s shoulders. Taylor gaped at me. I got a better look at him. He had long bangs over his brown eyes.