Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

It Can't Be

This wasn’t happening, I had to be dreaming. I knew that voice anywhere. “It couldn’t be,” I told myself. I closed my eyes and breathed, closing my book. I didn’t care that I had lost the place where I was reading. I slowly turned around, more nervous than ever. Then there he was, the boy of my dreams, Asher. I thought the day would never come.

Suddenly all my love songs and poetry began reciting themselves in my head. They repeated themselves over and over, I thought I was going to have a fit. I breathed again, knowing this was real. He smiled, as I stared into his beautiful green eyes. His hands were in his pockets of his jeans. I stared at his slender figure through his striped red and white t-shirt. “You mind?” he asked. I was utterly speechless, I didn’t know what to say.

All I could do was nod my head. Asher walked up to me and sat down next to me. I couldn’t believe this was happening.

“What are you reading?” He asked. I held up my book, revealing the cover of Othello.

He looked at it and glanced at me, “You don’t talk much do you?” He smiled.

He had the most beautiful smile, his dimple appeared. I begged myself not to blush.

“Not always,” I managed to say. My voice actually managed to sound normal.

“I’m Asher,” he said facing me.

“I know,” I replied. I looked into his eyes again. They were the emerald green eyes with golden specks I drew in my notebooks. His black hair streaked all over his scalp.

“You must be Ava, I’ve seen you around school since junior high,” he said.

“Yeah,” I replied. Asher was so friendly and relaxed. I was so anti-social and tensed.

“We were art partners in eighth grade,” I said. Asher chuckled, I have never heard a laugh so wonderful.

“Yeah I remember, we drew each other, that was fun,” he said. I smiled. My first real conversation with Asher Peterson wasn’t so bad after all. Our eyes met again, but we looked away.

“I’ve known you for awhile, I’ve always wanted to talk to you,” Asher said. I could feel my heart flutter, did Asher Peterson just say he’s always wanted to talk to me? Maybe he does know who I am, maybe he’s not into the other popular girls in school.

“Really?” I said, more of a statement than a question.

“Yeah, I just didn’t know how exactly,” Asher said.

“Well I’m glad you did,” I said.

Asher smiled at me again, causing my heart to melt. Pretty soon I could tell there was nothing else we could say to each other.

I looked at him once more before he said, “Well I have to go now, nice talking to you Ava,” Asher smiled. He brushed his hand against my arm. It felt like positive-negative charges conserving my body. My knees went soft.

“Bye,” I gushed helplessly.

“See you,” he said standing up. I watched him walk across the lawn.

I immediately grinned to myself and shrieked. Asher just talked to me! Right then and there I knew I did mean something to him. Maybe he had a crush on me too. Maybe he thought about me just as much as I did about him. Maybe… there was actual hope.

I rushed home that day and went into my room. I immediately grabbed my guitar and started strumming. I added my voice to it and started singing about every word he said to me,

I thought a good song title, “When he spoke.” I wanted to talk to him again, only to hear his beautiful voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very fun to write, I hope you liked it :):):)