Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

Asher's House

Subsequently, I left the music room, happier than ever. Seventh period Chemistry went by quickly and by the time the bell rang, I was already at Ava’s locker. She walked to her locker a few minutes later.

She giggled once she saw me standing there, “You came here before I did,” she said.

“Yeah,” I said. I watched her open her locker and put a few books in her tote bag before closing it again. The awkward stares outside turned to whispered gossip. I knew it was going to be a matter of time before people thought Ava and I were dating. I didn’t mind because eventually that statement would actually be true. The walk to my house was still quiet.

Our hands occasionally brushed against each other. Pretty soon we were holding hands for the first time. I had never held a girl’s hand before, but honestly, it felt good. Her hand was so soft and smooth. Maybe I’d be a good boyfriend to Ava. All I had to do was ask her if she felt the same way. When we got to my house, we let go of each other’s hand and Ava gasped.

“Your home is so beautiful,” she said.

“Thanks,” I said. She smiled at me as we walked up my driveway. To my surprise I saw my Mom walking out from the backyard. She stopped when she saw me.

“Oh Asher, you’re home,” she said.

“Mom… you’re back from New York early,” I said.

“Yes I know,” she said.

“My flight flew in early this morning,” she said. My Mom looked more liked Ashley, having the same brown hair and golden brown eyes.

”Hello,” my Mom said to Ava as she was walking to us. Ava turned red.

“Asher… who is this?” she teased.

“Mom, this Ava, she’s a friend from school,” I said.

“A friend…?” my Mom asked.

“Yes a friend,” I replied trying not to blush.

“Hello Ava, I’m Katherine Peterson, Asher’s Mom,” my Mom said introducing herself.

She shook hands with Ava, “Nice to meet you Mrs. Peterson,” Ava said politely.

“Well Asher make Ava welcome in our home, you two can hang out by the poolside, I have to meet with some of my clients,” my Mom said.

“Okay, bye Mom,” I said watching her make her way to her white Lexus. After she left, Ava and I looked at each other.

“You’re Mom seems like nice,” Ava said.

“Yeah… and embarrassing,” I added jokily. Ava followed me into my house. We set our backpacks down and walked into the kitchen. She shyly looked around, completely new to her surroundings.

“Um, do you want anything?” I asked trying to break the silence.

“No thank you,” she replied.

“You sure, we have lemonade and pretzels,” I said opening the refrigerator.

“Okay, I’ll have some then,” Ava said.

“Can I help?” she asked.

“Sure,” I said. Ava walked towards me and tried helping getting a glass, but our fingers touched. We blushed as I let her take two glasses and place them on a silver platter. Just then Ashley walked in. She was listening to music with her pink iPod and earpieces.

I waved at her, “Oh Ava, this is my little sister, Ashley,” I said.

“She’s thirteen.” Ashley removed her earpieces and smiled.

“Hi,” Ashley said.

“Hi,” Ava replied. Ashley smiled at Ava, as she looked up from the pretzels.

“You’re pretty,” Ashley said. Ava slightly blushed as she looked at Ashley.

“Thank you,” she said sweetly. I looked over at the two of them.

“What’s your name?” Ashley asked.

“Ava,” she said. Ashley nodded and stared at her.

“Are you in love with my brother?” she asked again.

Ava turned red, “Ashley!” I cried.

“What, it’s like every girl I meet is,” Ashley said.

“Goodbye Ashley,” I said walking towards her.

“Wait! I was just kidding, Asher’s a nice guy!” Ashley cried.

“Go to your room,” I ordered.

Ashley sighed and looked at me, “So think is how you treat your little sister,” Ashley muttered crossing her arms. She scoffed and dramatically walked down the hallway.

I turned around and faced Ava.

“Sorry about that,” I blushed.

“It’s okay, I even wish I had a little sister, she’s adorable.”

“Adorably annoying,” I muttered. Ava held a bowl of pretzels in her hands while I held a pitcher of lemonade with two glasses.