Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

First Date

We set everything down and sat opposite each other. Ava smiled at me as I smiled back, I think I was going to like this. Just then my Dad walked outside with sunglasses on. He stopped when he saw us, taking them off.

“Asher?” He called.

I looked to his direction, “Oh hey Dad,” I said. He walked towards us.

“Dad this is Ava, she’s a friend from school,” I said.

Ava politely smiled, “Hello Mr. Peterson,” she said softly.

”Hello!” My Dad said eagerly shaking her hand.

“Asher… would you help me in the kitchen, I’m looking for the citrus juice,” My Dad said turning to me. I knew that meant my Dad wanted to talk to me.

I nodded and stood up, “Okay,” I said. Ava smiled at me as my Dad said, “Excuse us.” I followed my Dad back into the house. As he opened the refrigerator he had a wide grin on his face.

“Dad…” I began.

“It’s not you think.”

“I didn’t say anything,” my Dad teased as he pulled out a pitcher of cold water.

“Ava’s just a friend,” I said.

“A friend… or a girlfriend…?” My Dad questioned pouring himself a glass of water. I blushed.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” I cried. I tried not to sound to loud, I didn’t want Ava to hear.

“Okay say what you want,” My Dad said taking a sip.

“She’s cute though.” I reddened and sighed, “I’m going to go outside,” I said.

“Okay,” My Dad, still grinning as he disappeared down the hallways. Ava looked lonely by the time got back.

“Sorry about that,” I said sitting down again.

“Oh no don’t worry about it,” Ava said smiling. She looked pretty in her blue tunic. I smiled at her again.

“Thanks for bringing me here,” Ava said. I looked up at her while drinking my lemonade.

“You’re family is so…” Ava began.

“Embarrassing,” I sneered.

Ava looked down and then back at me again, “I was going to say friendly,” Ava said.

“Oh,” I replied watching the ice cubes swim around in the lemonade.

“Sorry,” I said. “Yeah,” Ava muttered, I knew we had nothing else to say. I then stared at the infinity pool beside us. The water was perfectly blue and glimmering. My Dad was the one who took care of the pool most times, sometimes I did so too.

“So you like swimming?” I asked trying to start a conversation. Ava looked at me and smiled. After talking for awhile, we both went back inside and placed the plates and glasses in sink. I asked Ava if she wanted to come upstairs. She didn’t mind.

Ava followed me up the stairs. I knew my plan already. I would take Ava to my room, and then outside to my balcony that overlooked the beach. Then I would ask her to the bonfire, I was hoping she would say yes. We walked up the stairs, Ava awed at my house.

She said she had never seen so many unique furnishings before. I told her my Mom designed everything herself. She seemed impressed. We walked down the hallway, passing my Ashley’s room.

Everywhere in Ashley’s room was pink, there was a “Ashley,” imprinted in glitter pink letters on her white bedroom door. “This must be Ashley’s room,” Ava said as we walked by it.

“Yeah,” I said. “It’s pretty,” Ava said. I smirked. Finally we stood in front of my bedroom door. I sighed and opened the door to my room. I liked my room. The walls were navy blue. It was very spacious, even having enough space for a game area.

There were a few couches and bean bag chairs along with a wall-mounted flat screen TV at one corner. There were dozens of video games and game systems that I had. My computer was next to it.