Status: I wrote this one summer after meeting the inspiration of this story. Maybe you can find out who is it :):):)

Emerald Eyes

Asking Her Out

My Dad got me a Macintosh computer for my fourteenth birthday, it was black. It sat on my desk next to my CD tower. I have hundreds of CDs. I listened to rock music mostly. I like punk, indie, and a few emo bands. My favorites would have to be My Chemical Romance or Green Day. I had their posters too on my walls, along with many sports posters, especially soccer and surfing. I had a cabana bed with navy blue bedspreads. Lastly to the left was my wardrobe.

“I love your room,” Ava said.

“Thanks,” I said closing the door. Ava looked around for awhile, and then back at me. I stared at my balcony behind her.

“Want to see the view?” I asked.

“What?” Ava asked, she turned around and then knew what I was talking about.

“Sure,” she said facing me again. I opened the glass door again and walked outside with her. I always stood at my balcony every morning to plan my day, but with was the first time I was here with a girl. Ava smiled at me as I closed the glass door.

“What?” I said still smiling.

“It’s beautiful,” she said looking outside across the balcony. The oceans tides were strongly overlapping each other. I saw a few swans flying in the sky.

“I know,” I said. We looked at each other and then back at the ocean.

This was the time. I thought to myself. Just ask her out, do it! She won’t reject, at least I hope not.

“Ava…” I nervously began staring at her.

“Yeah?” she asked staring back at me.

“So there’s this bonfire on Newport beach coming up,” I said. Ava paid full attention to me, her violet were filled with curiosity.

“I was thinking well…” I said.

“If you maybe wanted to go, with me.” I faced her now, placing my hands in my pockets.

Ava smiled, “You mean… like a date?” She asked. I blushed,

“No, no just like hang out,” I said.

Ava smiled to herself and then looked at me.

“Okay,” she said softly.

I looked up at her, “Really?” I said.

“Yeah, I love bonfires,” Ava smiled. I smirked. I had officially asked Ava Stream out.

“Cool,” I said nodding my head.

“I’ll pick you up at your place on Saturday?” I said.

“Saturday…” Ava said to herself. I prayed she didn’t have any plans.

“What time?” she asked.

“Um… it’s starts at six,” I said.

“Six,” Ava repeated.

“Sure,” she smiled. I smiled at her again.

I knew this meant one thing, if Ava was willing to go out with me, she was probably willing to be my girlfriend. She hugged me again before she left, leaving me alone on the balcony, watching the ocean tides.