We'll Fly Home

Close your eyes, say you'll stay with me tonight.

Sean kept watch over Ian any time he entered the shop, for as long as he stayed, and he even ignored the fact that it was closing time once, despite Lucy telling him that she was going home, so he'd best not hang around too long. It was on that night that he offered to walk Ian home.

It was coming into winter, so as expected, the days had begun to get shorter, and it was dark before it had even reached six o'clock. Sean figured Ian could do with some company on his journey home, even though the boy had told him it was only a ten minute walk from there.

It wasn't only companionship Sean had to offer, though. He was taking the whole 'protection' thing very seriously. If what he was told was true, if Ian really didn't have long left, then it could happen any time now. Every minute that he was alone was a constant worry for the elder. It sounds funny to say elder. They were both around the same age, or so Sean assumed; he hadn't actually asked the boy his age. He knew he was older, though, and that was certain.

The cold winter chill greeted them as soon as they set foot outside. Ian shivered involuntarily, and although it was only a small gesture, Sean noticed it. He also noticed that the boy wasn't wearing a jacket, which was pretty ridiculous in this weather. How could his parents let him out like that? He didn't dwell on that thought, however, and shrugged off his own jacket to hand to the kid. He didn't really feel the wind. He gazed up at Sean with wide eyes, before smiling politely and thanking him.

Ian looked a lot more comfortable now that he was sheltered from the worst of the weather, but part of him still looked a little on edge. Sean couldn't explain it, but it was like earlier in the shop, almost as if he was expecting something dreadful to happen any second.

Well, he wasn't far off it.

They'd only been walking for five minutes or so when they came to a wide stretch of road, barely visible due to the lack of streetlamps at that particular corner. It was nothing too threatening. A dark road that could be easily crossed without any damage. I mean, you could hear the traffic coming a mile off, mainly because this part of town was reasonably quiet, and partially because Sean had incredible hearing. Unfortunately, as he was about to find out, it didn't always work.

They made sure to keep to the path - Sean didn't want Ian to step onto the road just yet - but the boy was impatient, and before Sean could stop him, he was already ahead, and that's when Sean heard it. The unmistakable roar of an engine, and the squeaking of the tires on the road. As remarkable as his hearing might have been, he still wouldn't have much time before the vehicle was in front of him, and Ian was lying, bloody and lifeless on the pavement (dramatic, Sean).

His first instinct was to grab Ian, pull him back, and just hold him there, hold him tightly to his chest. He wasn't Edward Cullen or anything, but he could run quick enough when he wanted to, so that's exactly what he did. Ian realised what was happening all too late, and closed his eyes, bracing himself for the impact, but when he opened them again, he was shocked. Rather than lying spread-eagled in the middle of the road, he was stood at the side of the pavement, with the purple haired boy, who he'd only began speaking to the other day, holding him in his arms.

"I... what just happened?" he asked, his voice high pitched and frightened, his eyes wide with fear.

Sean laughed awkwardly. He knew there were going to be questions, but he was going to try and play it off as well as he could. "Well, you see..." he began, looking down at the dark haired boy in his arms. "You were almost hit by a car... But thanks to me, you weren't. Simple." He hoped that smart arse explanation would be enough.

Thankfully, Ian didn't press the matter, but it was clear it was bothering him. Finally, after trying and failing to understand it, he smiled up at Sean. "You... you just saved my life. Thank you."

Sean grinned. "Anytime." He laughed at how true that was. He really would risk anything to save Ian, anytime.

"It's almost like you're my guardian angel or something," Ian giggled, leaning forward to rest his head on Sean's chest.

The other boy chuckled softly at those words. "Yeah," he agreed. "Something like that."
♠ ♠ ♠
School sucked today. Why can't it be Friday again? On Friday, we sat in the hall and made bracelets the entire morning. That was fun.

I CAN'T IRISH OMG but yeah here, is everyone still confused with this fic or

Also, I've decided all the chapter titles will be Yashin lyrics, fuck you. This one's from <4 which is like my favourite okay yes thank.