Status: Acive, but currently on hold.

You can't cure me (REWRITING)

Chapter 12 - Departing

I groan and sigh deeply. I don't feel like getting out of bed because if I got up, it'd mean today started and I don't want that. I want this day to never begin because it's the day I've been dreading so much. The day I have to say goodbye to Jake who's going on tour throughout the States for a whole of 2 months. Two very long months I have to spend without him or his friends. I'm going to miss them. I'm going to miss Jake, the guy who made me feel so much more confident about my scars. I still hate them with a passion, but I no longer loathe them. Thanks to Jake who taught me they'd be there for the rest of my life and that there's no point in finding them disgusting. In the short period of time we've known each other, I already owe Jake so much.
I'm going to miss CC, with his contagious laugh. That man holds the power to make even the saddest person on earth smile again, just by laughing.
Andy, whom I hear so much about, but never really speak to apart from that night Jake introduced me to his friends.
Ashley, whose perverted remarks and hilarious attempts at flirting are always a reason to playfully roll my eyes at him.
Jinxx, he's such a laid back guy, but always in for a bit of fun. Sammi's a lucky girl to be marrying him.
I haven't known the guys for a long time, but I already consider them my friends, though I know I shouldn't. Friends who'd be going away on tour today.

Another sigh escapes my lips and I pull away the warm covers letting the cold air hit me. Groggily I sit up and stretch my back. I kick my legs out of bed and stand up. As I pull away the curtains light comes from outside, blinding me for a brief moment. Once my eyes have adjusted to the light, I take a good look at the sky, which is covered by grey clouds. It's as if it knew today's a sad day. I let out a small laugh. Yes, Lisa, of course the sky knows. Idiot. I think sarcastically.
Shaking my head I open my closet and pick out a blue sweater and a jeans and go to take a shower.

Just as I lay down the makeup brush, the door bell rings. The sound startling me as I'm not expecting any visitors.
My curiosity gets the better off me, so I descend the stairs. I open my front door and see Sammi and Jinxx are standing on my porch, holding each other's hands lovingly. A smile creeps on my face by the sight of it and I briefly picture how it must feel like to hold hands with Jake. His strong yet soft hands which are able to produce such complicated and sophisticated music. Damn it, Lisa. Snap out of it. Stop thinking like that. Jake's nothing but a friend, get it through that messed up head of yours for crying out loud!
"Well hello, you two." I grin to the two lovebirds in front of me. Sammi's the one to reply.
"Hi. So are you ready?"
"Ready? To do what exactly?"
"To say goodbye to Jake and the rest of the guys? They're leaving for tour. You know it's today, right?"
"Well, yeah. I mean, I know it's today, but I didn't expect them to leave so soon. Hang on, let me get my stuff. You want to come in, in the meanwhile?" I ask.
"No, that's all right. We'll wait here. Just go get your stuff and let's get going. We're already running late and I don't want our tour manager to get even more stress than he probably already has", says Jinxx.
I can't stop the small giggle that makes its way out and rapidly turn on my heels and back into my house. I spot my purse lying on the counter separating my kitchen from my living room. As if being chased by the devil I run towards it, grab the kind of small bag and keys, and hastily make my way back to the impatient couple waiting in my door opening.. Not saying a word I step out the door and in between Sammi and Jinxx, scaring them.
"Okay, I'm ready", I say, trying to sound somewhat excited but by the looks on my friends' faces, it isn't a successful attempt. Then again, no one would be excited when their friends are leaving for two months. Stupid of me. Shaking my head lightly, I take a seat on the backseat of Jinxx and Sammi's car.

You know how time seems to go by so much quicker when you're facing a moment in life you don't want to ever get here? Yes, that's how it feels like right now. The 20 minutes long car ride had seemed shorter than it actually was and after, what feels like 5 minutes, we arrive at the meeting point where Jinxx would meet his band mates. I look out of the car window to see five men and a girl standing in front of a huge bus. The bus that would get them to every venue. The bus that'd be their home for the coming two months. Their tour bus. I recognize four out of the five men immediately because they all have long black hair and the girl I soon recognize as Juliet. The fifth man, who was pretty small next to Andy's tall stature, I do not recognize. The man's obviously stressing out and I find it to be funny not one of the guys are even trying to get him to calm down. What's the guy even stressing out about? Then I remember Jinxx' words; we're already running late and I don't want our tour manager to get even more stress than he probably already has. And then I realize the nervous man has to be their tour manager. Right at that moment he looks in our direction and I can see how he slowly exhales. As if he's relieved of something. He approaches us.
"Jinxx, you're here at last. The band and I have been waiting for half an hour for you. Where have you been? And who's the girl?" he raises his eyebrows when he looks at me.
"Oh, that's Lisa. She's a friend of Jake's. He asked me to pick her up because we'd pass her on the way here. Lisa, this is Jon. Our tou rmanager. Jon, this is Lisa", Jinxx introduces us to each other. Jon extends his hand to me and I politely shake it. From the corner of my eye I see Jake nodding his head to CC, Andy and Juliet and walk towards us lot.

By the sight of him coming to me knots start forming in my stomach, and at the same time I feel like smiling. It's like my body can't decide whether to feel happy because Jake would be here any moment now and probably engulf me in a hug or to feel sad because it'd be the first and last hug for a while. But I could feel myself longing for that hug nonetheless. And I don't have to wait very long. As soon as Jake's close enough to me, he takes me in a warm embrace and I have to fight the urge to sigh contently. I bury my head in his chest, wanting this feeling of safety to last forever. All too soon Jake pulls away and I reluctantly drop my arms to my side.
I can feel tears burning behind my eyes, threatening to spill but I'm determined not to cry. Later, when Jake's gone and I'm by myself again, I'll release them. I won't allow Jake to see me cry. I'm going to keep strong. I just have to.
"Well, now that everyone's here, let's say goodbye and go. We're already behind on schedule so make it quick, all right?" Jon interrupts my train of thoughts.

A couple of minutes later the whole band's on the bus, ready to leave. The whole band, except for Jake.
"Remember what I promised you, Lisa. Don't forget it, okay?" says Jake as he takes me in a last warm embrace.
"I won't", I say, my words by his arms.
"Good", he says and lets go off me. Again too soon to my liking. But I know that he's got to go now. That everyone's waiting for him to get on that tour bus. That his fans on different locations in different cities are waiting for him. That he'll keep his word and keep in touch with me. That he will be back in two months. Two months. Only two. Only 61 days. It's not that long, yet it seems like an eternity.
"Take care of yourself, Lisa", he says and kisses the top of my head before he turns around and hops on the bus, joining his friends. The door closes behind him, the engine comes to life and they're gone.

I sigh deeply and feel a hand being placed on each of my shoulders.
"Don't worry, Lisa, those two months will be over before you know it", Juliet tries to reassure me.
"I know they will, eventually. I just wish I knew how you two cope with these kinds of goodbyes", I sigh.
"One magical word: love", Sammi smiles at me. I shrug. Maybe that's why they don't seem to be so down as I am. That's the difference between them and me; they say goodbye to their boyfriends not having to fear they wouldn't see them again after tour. I do have that type of fear. I said goodbye to a friend, wondering if I'd see him again after this tour was over. To top it all, Sammi and Juliet are both musicians. They know how it's like to tour and leave their loved ones behind. I'm not a musician. I'm just an average girl, like there are so many on this world.