Status: Acive, but currently on hold.

You can't cure me (REWRITING)

Prologue

I wake up to thick smoke withholding me from breathing. I cough and cough but the feeling of being choked doesn't go away. It stings in my eyes which start to tear. I can’t stop coughing. I sling back the sheets and stumble out of my bed. Still overcome with sleep I stumble to my bedroom door. I open it only to be welcomed by an unbearable heat and even more thick, black smoke. A bright light attracts my attention and I turn my head in that direction. I've been staring at it for a while when I realize it's fire. Our house is on fire. Panic immediately take over. I look around confused and disorientated. I bring my hands to my head in despair. I am still coughing up my lungs. I know I need to get away from here, but I can’t think straight. I try to take in a deep breath, but I can’t. I need fresh air, and I need it as soon as possible. I know that the longer I stay in this house, the more it will become difficult for me to breathe. I glance around and try to focus. It's dark in the house because the lights are turned off. I see something that looks like the staircase and stumble to that direction. I'm right, it's the stairs. I start running down the stairs but trip and slide down the stairs on my butt. I can’t feel the pain, I just want to get out of this house as soon as possible. The heat of the flames is becoming unbearable. I try to dodge the flames as much as possible as I run to the front door. I finally reach it and run out into the fresh cold air. I fall down on my knees and suck in as much air as I can, making me cough up my lungs. I am so exhausted, but I made it out alive. As I'm lying there on the lawn I can hear distant sirens. I look around and see a lot of my neighbors standing there with shocked expressions on their faces. The neighbors' son comes over to me.
“Are you okay?” he asks worried.
I try to answer but I can’t speak. My throat is aching too much to say anything. I just nod instead. I look around and only then I realize my parents are nowhere to be seen. They must be still be asleep. I cry out and get up in an instant. Ignoring the burning in my throat and lungs I scream out “my parents!” and run back to the house.
“You can’t go in there! It’s too dangerous!” the neighbors’ kid shouts after me.
“My parents are still in there! I need to save them!” I yell out. I couldn't care less if it is too dangerous. I need my parents to be safe.

I run inside, only to be captivated immediately by the heat of the flames all over again. I don’t care, I just want to get to my parents’ room. Fire is everywhere and I can’t see much because of all the smoke but I manage to find the stairs. I can feel how the smoke is taking over my body. I feel weaker and weaker by the second. With everything I have inside me, I run upstairs and to my parents’ bedroom. With the last bit of my strength, I open the door of the room. That’s when I fall to my knees and onto my side and let darkness take over.