Status: Acive, but currently on hold.

You can't cure me (REWRITING)

Chapter 5 - Meeting

We walk out the door and to his car.
“Oh, I forgot to mention; the rest of the band’s waiting for us at the club.” He suddenly states.
“Great.” I mutter under my breath.
“They are all dying to meet the mysterious girl from the park.” He smiles. I try to smile back, but I just know it looks fake as hell.
“Don’t worry, Lisa. They are all very nice, and you’re not going to be the only girl if that’s what you’re worrying about.” He winks.
If only he knew that I am not worrying about being with 5 guys. No, I'm not exactly worrying. It's just that it has hit me it has been quite a long time since I last went out.
“Could you stop at the post office? I have this order I need to send out.” I ask, trying to change the subject.
“Sure. Not a problem at all.” He smiles.
“Thanks.”
“As I just said, it’s not a problem.”

We take a seat in his car and he drives to the post office and then to the club we were meeting his band mates. I'm resting my head on the head rest of the passenger seat, looking out the window.
“What’s the matter?” Jake asks.
“Huh?”
“You seem to be a little distracted. Is there something wrong?”.
“No, I’m fine. Just a little headache coming up, I guess. I have been having slight headaches a lot recently. Probably due to a lack of sleep.” I explain.
“You want me to turn back home after we’ve been to the post office so you can catch up on some sleep?” he asks and I can sense something in his voice. Something I can’t quite place. Worry, maybe? Not, that's not be possible. No one ever worries about me, so why would he?
“No, I’ll be just fine. I kind of got used to these headaches lately. Besides, it’s been a while since I last went out.” I reply. “I don’t really have many friends.” I add. Might as well tell him the reason. He’d find out sooner or later, so why not tell him now?
“How come?” Jake ask. Is he genuinely interested in my life story? Or is he just looking for some drama?
“It’s a long story I don’t really want to talk about, to be honest.” I say so silently it nearly comes out as a whisper.
“Oh, okay.”
Not really the reaction I expected. I look at him quite shocked. He glances sideways at me.
“What?” he chuckles.
“Keep your eyes on the road, please. And nothing, I just thought you’d start interrogating me or something like that. I don’t know.”
“Why would I ask any further? As much as I like to hear your story, if you don’t want to talk about it, then I respect that. I’m not going to force you into doing something you don’t want to. I’m sure you’ll tell me when you’re ready for it.” He explains, keeping his eyes on the road this time. My mouth just falls open. I guess he is genuinely interested in my life story.
“You’re such a sweet guy.” I blurt out. I mentally cuss at myself for saying something like that. To my surprise, Jake starts laughing.
“Thanks for the compliment.”
“Ehm, you’re welcome.” I say, not sure how to react.
Right then he pulls over. I look at him in confusion.
“The post office.” He points to a building across the road.
“Oh.. I’ll be right back.” I attempt to smile to hide my embarrassment. I open to car door and quickly run over to the letter box. I turn around and look to my left and then to my right before crossing the street once again.
“All set?” Jake asks as soon as I take place next to him.
“Yep.”
“Okay, let’s go then. It’s not far from here.” He says and starts the car.

About 10 minutes later we stop at the club. I take a deep breath and let the air escape my lungs slowly. I guess Jake noticed because as soon as I stand next to him, he whispers “it’ll be fine, don’t worry. I won’t let anything happen to you” and grabs my hand. I have to resist the urge of pulling back.

Jake looks around for a couple of seconds and then starts walking towards a group of 4 guys and 2 girls. Here we go.
“Hey, guys. This is Lisa.” Jake introduces me to the group.
“Hello.” I smile.
“So, Lisa. This is Andy,” Jake says while pointing to a guy with blue eyes.
“The girl next to him is his girlfriend, Juliet Simms.” He continues.
“Juliet Simms from Automatic Loveletter?” I exclaim.
“Yes, I’m Juliet from Automatic Loveletter.” She smiles.
“Cool. I’ve been listening to your songs a lot lately. I really like the lyrics.” I smiles.
“Thank you, it’s always nice to meet a fan.”
“Sorry to interrupt your lovely little conversation, but I wasn’t finished introducing yet.”
“Woah, I’m sorry I just met someone I look up to and decided to talk to her. Didn’t mean to interrupt your little introduction.” I say sarcastically. Jake knows I don’t mean any of it.
“Anyhow, that’s Ashley.” Jake continues the introduction and points to another guy with a star necklace and zebra painted nails.
“Hey, nice to meet you.” he smiles. “Jake didn’t lie when he said you were beautiful.”
“Don’t mind him, he loves to flirt.” Jake ‘whispers’ in my ear loud enough for everyone to hear it.
“It’s okay.” I laugh.
“That’s CC. The drummer and practical joker of the band.” Jake points to some guy who was smiling hugely at me.
“CC? That doesn’t sound like your full name?” I blurt out. I really should learn to think before I speak.
“No, the name’s Christian Coma, or actually it’s Christian Mora, but I just prefer CC.” he explains still with a smile on his face. How is it even possible for someone to be this happy? I simply nod in understanding.
“And last but not least, we have our rhythm guitarist and violinist Jinxx and his fiancé Sammi Doll.” Jake finishes.
“It’s nice to meet you all.” I smile.
“Nice to meet you too. At last we see the face behind this mysterious girl Jake's been telling us about.” Andy says.
Maybe Jake is right and everything is going to be just fine. I take a seat next to Andy and Jake sits down between Sammi and I.
“I’m going to get me something to drink.” Jake said standing back up. “You want something?” he asks me.
“Nah, I’m good. I was planning on staying thirsty for the rest of the night anyway.” I mumble sarcastically making everyone laugh. Jake just rolls his eyes at me and raises one of his eyebrows.
“I’ll just have whatever it is you’re having, thanks.” I say.
“Alright.” he replies and walks off to the bar.
“So Lisa, were you really planning on standing Jake up?” Sammi says with something that sounds like fascination in her voice.
“Huh, no. Not at all. Why?” I ask in complete shock.
“Because you never replied to that text message he sent you.” Ashley laughs.
“Text message? What text message?” I was gettng really confused by now.
“I said I’d text you the time and place to meet us, didn’t I? Well, you never replied and that’s why I came to your place.” Jake’s voice sounds from behind me which makes me jump a little.
“Damn it, Jake, you scared me.” I laugh.
“Sorry,” he mumbles whilst putting the drinks down on the table. He' gotten us some Jack Daniels.
“But to clarify things, I just fell asleep on the couch after I made some jewelry for an order someone had placed.” I say pulling out my phone and saving Jake’s number. He did in fact send me a message.
“You make jewelry?” Sammi exclaims.
“Yes, I run a small web store for jewelry for a living. Wait, I’ll show you.” I say and go to my website on my phone. “Here you go.” I hand her my phone. She looks at it for a moment and then says: “this is amazing. Could you make me some necklaces?”
“Of course, just tell me which ones you want.” I smile.
“Okay, those with the roses and the skeletons look pretty cool. Could you make me one of those?” she asks while giving me my phone back.
“Can I see?” Juliet chimes in.
“Of course!” I hand her my phone as well. She looks at it.
“Wow, and you make these yourself?” I nod. “That’s pretty impressive.”
“Thank you.”
“Done with the chit-chat, ladies?” CC grins.
I roll my eyes at him. I don’t know what it is but I feel at ease immediately with this group. But a part of me warns me not to get too attached to them.
“So Lisa, tell us something more about yourself?” Jinxx asks.
“What’s to tell? I’m 24 years old. I run an online web store for jewelry for a living. I lost my parents 5 years ago. I think that’s about it.” I say, fighting the tears when I bring up my parents’ death.
“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” Jinxx say and I just faintly smile before looking down at the drink I was holding between my hands. Him being sorry to hear it wouldn’t make my parents come back, would it? I wonder if there was ever going to come a time I could talk about my parents without me starting to sob.

Everyone's silent and I couldn’t really be bothered to change anything about it. CC finally speaks up.
“Lisa, we’re planning on going swimming tomorrow at Andy’s and Juliet’s place. Are you in?” he asks. I look up.
“Err, I don’t know. I don’t want to be the third wheel.” I hesitated. I honestly didn’t want to come. I have my reason for it, but I didn’t want to come off as being ungrateful. I’d just have to come up with an excuse tomorrow morning so I didn’t have to go. As much as I want to, I just can’t.
“You really are welcome to come. We really don’t mind.” Andy reassures me.
“Okay then.” I smile just when I feel a little stab in my head. I know it's the headache. But it hurts so much. I grip my head between both my hands and immediately I can feel someone’s arms around me.
“Lisa, are you alright? What’s wrong?” Jake asks worried. I slowly let go of my head after the pain has calmed down a little.
“Yes, I’m okay. It’s just the headache.” I explain.
“Okay, I’m going to get you back home. You need some rest.” Jake says as he stands up and it sounds like he's determined so I don’t say anything and just stand up too.
“Sorry.” I apologise. “It was nice meeting you.”
“Don’t be sorry, we understand.” Juliet says.
“Come on, Lisa.” Jake takes my hand and leads me out to the door.