‹ Prequel: Never Gonna Let You Go
Status: Active!

Everything's Nothing, Without You

Chapter 3: "I'm your new merch girl"

<b>Jacks POV</b>

FIrst day of tour. I didn't feel right about this. I know that this is what Nicole wants, and I want to be here too. I just feel like a bad person not being able to be there for her. Everybody was in the same mood as me as well, but, we all promised to make sure these shows were our best shows. It's the least we could do.

We were in the bus right now because we got picked up from the airport with our tour bus.

"Smile, buddy" Alex came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "This isn't going to be easy for any of us. But we gotta stay positive"

"I know, man. I'll be okay. It's only 2 months, plus I feel better knowing I can call the hospital at any time to check up on her. Just wish I could see her"

"Me too, Jack" Alex paused for a second "But hey, were touring with fucking Blink 182! Yeah we've done shows with them but never an actual tour!"

"I cant fucking believe it!" I said with actual excitement. "This is insane, who would of thought 4 assholes would get to tour with our idols" I chuckled.

"I am NOT an asshole" Alex laughed. "Okay, maybe I am"

Me and Alex talked for a while before we made it to our first stop. We flew out to California because our first show was in LA. We talked about everything that went on within those 6 months. I was in such a slump I rarely saw him outside of the hospital so I wasn't really caught up with him or the boys.

It was nice not being the headliner for this tour. It's been a while since we opened for anyone and it will be nice not having all the pressure on us.

When we got to the venue I wanted to call to check in on Nicole before I headed inside. The nurse I got to know as Mrs. Glynn told me "Her heart is still beating and her lungs are still breathing". With relief I hung up the phone and headed inside.

I saw Flyzik and he looked like he wanted to talk to me. Oh great, what did I do now?

"Jack, I need to talk to you" he said.

"I didn't do it I swear" I replied back.

"Didn't do what?" he asked confused.

"Oh you're not yelling at me?"

He chuckled

"No. I need to tell you something. But you might get upset. So i'm going to give you a heads up"

"Uhh okay"

"As you know we've always had two people working the merch table; Vinny and Nicole. Now unfortunately Nicole is not here and VInny cant do it all by himself. So me and Coloussy had to hire somebody else"

I wasnt mad when he said that, but I wasnt happy either.

"What?! You cant just replace her, dude, she's not dead!" I yelled not meaning to.

"I know. I didnt want to do it but we had no other choice. I'm sorry" he said giving a sincere apology.

"Whatever man. I know its not your fault. When does he move in the bus?"

"Well thats the other thing...It's a girl. Her name is Chloe. She lives in LA and her cab will be here soon"

"Holy fuck. Just drop everything on me now why don't you. Why couldnt you have gotten a dude? I dont want her on the bus!" I yelled again.

"Im sorry man. I cant do anything about it. This is a big ass tour and we needed her. You only have to deal with her for 2 months, okay? Promise me you'll be nice?" he asked, almost pleading.

I know this wasnt his fault. But at the same time he didnt have to hire a girl. Nicole was the only girl that ever lived on the bus. I mean, besides some of the boys past girlfriends and Cass and Mel, but that wasnt for long. Having a girl on the bus is just going to remind me of Nicole. Which would make me want to go back home to be with her.

But, I know this was important to the band so I just had to deal with it.

"Ugh fine. I'll be nice but i'm not going to go out of my way to talk to her." I said giving in.

Matt chuckled. "Alright, thanks" he said slapping my shoulder then leaving to make sure everything was set up for tonight.

We still didnt meet up with the Blink dudes yet which was understandable. They were probably really busy. Plus, we've already met them multiple times. We've played overseas and Mark has written a couple songs with us so we're already friends.

After the talk with Matt I went back to the bus. Everybody else was either walking around LA or setting up inside. I was just sitting in my bunk, listening to my ipod. It was the playlist Nicole made me last year. I shut my eyes for a bit when I heard a loud thump from the front of the bus.

"fuck" I heard a voice say.

I took my headphones out and placed it on my bed and walked out to the front lounge.

When I walked out, there was a girl who looked no older than 20 picking up her things that spilled all over the floor. She noticed me watching her and quickly stood up.

"Im sorry. I didnt see you standing there" she said embarrassed. "Hi, i'm Chloe!" she gave our her hand to shake but I didnt take it. I didnt say anything back.

Chloe knelt down and started picking up her stuff again and put it in her pocketbook.

"You must be one of of the band memebers. I only know that because I just met all the crew" she said smiling.

"Jack" I said flatly.

I was still trying to take in this girl. When she stood up I noticed how tiny she was. She had dark brown hair that came a little past her shoulders, two tattoos; one on each wrist that I couldn't read and bright blue eyes. Chloe didn't look like an LA chick. When I think of LA girls I think of blonde hair and big boobs and she was definitely not that. She also seemed to have a bubbly personality.

"Nice to meet you, Jack. Im your new merch girl"

When she said that something clicked.

"You're not the new merch girl! You are here simply because we were desperate for someone to sell shirts. In 2 months you will be gone and none of us will ever see you again so dont get comfy. Don't ever say you're the new merch girl" I said stern. I sounded really mean and I didnt know what took over me.

Of course I felt kinda bad, but she is not or ever going to be the new merch girl. That's Nicole's job. Her face went from smiley to upset in a matter of seconds. She picked up her pocketbook and quickly walked out of the bus and I went back to my bunk.

After a couple of minutes of trying to sleep my conscious kicked in. I felt really bad at yelling at Chloe. I still had no desire to talk or be friends with the girl but I had no right to yell at her, so I went to find her and apologize.

When she walked off the bus she didn't run far because I heard her talking on the phone on the other side of the bus.

"No, mom. Im fine. I guess i'm just new at this" I heard her sniffle to her mom on the phone. "Im going to give what ever money I can to him. This is only a 2 month job though. They made that very clear. Okay. Love you too. Give him a kiss for me. Bye" she said and hung up the phone.

"Hey" I said scaring her because she jumped immediately after I said it.

"Here to yell at me again?" she said wiping her tears.

"No. Im here to apologize. I shouldn't have yelled at you"

"Thanks, I-" but I cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

I didn't want or need to be around her more than I needed to. After I apologized and freed my conscious of feeling bad I went back to the bus and went back to trying to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH. It's been a while. Finally all the chaos of christmas is over. Phew. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday.

I hope you guys like this chapter. Please please please tell me what you think.

Love you <3

Comment and Subscribe!