Meet Me at the Crossroads

01/02

Image

"Ivy you know I can kick your ass at Street Fighter any day! You never had a chance!" My best friend Gabriel gloated, sticking his tongue out at me.I groaned, tossing my controller to the side clearly defeated for the third time in a row.

"Yeah yeah whatever you just got lucky is all." I huffed shoving him over playfully.He sat back up and pushed me back, only to completely knock me over off of the sofa and flat onto my side.

"Jeez you big buffalo, your not as little as you used to be remember? You could have kill me!" I teased before getting back up and sitting beside him on the couch.He rolled his eyes, letting out an exaggeratedly long sigh.

"Your so mean to me Ivy." He fake sniffled, covering his heart with his hands and acting like I had just broken it with what I had said.

"But you still love me anyways dear, you know you can't deny that fact." I grinned, looking over at him.He nodded, smiling one of his signature Gabe smiles before pulling me into a tight bear hug.

"You are right about that.I don't think I could stop loving you even if I tried." He chuckled as he still held onto me, looking down into my eyes.That was one thing that he always did that made my heart feel like it was going to explode out of my chest.

He always told me even when we were younger that he would always love me, no matter what ever happened between us.And I made him the same promise, only I meant it in a more deeper way then he might have.

My feelings for Gabe were obviously there and I was almost sure that he knew they existed like everyone else did.Or at least that's what I had hoped.

"And I love you too Gabe." I smiled, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck, the sweet smell of his spicy cologne filling my nose as I inhaled.It was moments like these that almost made me feel like he felt something for me too, then just his best friend.

But of course the moment didn't last forever when he phone had started to ring obnoxiously loud, scaring the crap out of me.

"Hello? Yeah I'm over at Ivy's why whats up dude? What? No way? Really!? Sick! Fuck yeah I'll be there in a sec!" He yelled, obviously extremely excited by what whoever it was had said to him on the phone.

"Uh should I be concerned?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.But no words came out of his mouth, only a loud yell that echoed through my living room walls as he then proceeded to tackle me onto the floor.

"Dude, Gabriel what the HELL was that for?!" I yelled starting to rub my now sore back that probably was going to hurt for a while.But again, he didn't say any words, he just pulled me down on top of him and pressed a full on kiss to my shocked lips.

"Come on we gotta go meet the guys at Steven's house." He smiled, helping me up off of the floor.I just nodded, not knowing what else to do or say.

My best friend just kissed me.

-Fast forward to arriving at Steven's house-

I sat down on top of Gabe's lap, playing with his hands while we waited for the rest of the guys to come into the den."Can't you just tell me what this is all about? I won't spill the beans I promise." I practically begged him, giving my signature puppy face.

"Don't worry Ivy your about to find out right now." Steven smiled, coming into the den with the rest of the group following close behind.I was extremely anxious but at the same time really nervous, I was just hoping it was good news for them.

"Well guys, as you know we've been trying to get a record deal for a while now and earlier I got a call from the guys at Interscope and he said that they were extremely digging us." Zakk and Alex both looked from Gabe to me and then to Steven who had the biggest smile ever.

"We just got asked to join Ozzfest on the 2nd stage for the 5 full months." All the guys started hollering and cheering loudly, jumping up and down.I had never seen them this excited before to say the least, and I was more then happy for them.

But then it hit me like a brick wall.That means Gabriel was going to be leaving me and for how long I didn't know, but I definitely knew that it was going to be for a while.

"Ivy, sweetie whats the matter?" Zakk asked, coming over to me.I shook my head and put on the best fake smile that I could muster up.

"Nothing is, I'm fine don't worry.I'm just really happy for you guys." I said, giving him a light hug which he gladly returned back.

"But! We're leaving to meet up with the tour in 2 days in Tampa.So no time to celebrate guys, we have to get home and start packing." Steven said.We all nodded in agreement before saying our goodbyes and taking off.

The drive to my house was long and quiet, the silence gnawing at my insides.I didn't want him to leave me, not my best friend.We were never apart for longer then 3 days and now I was expected to not see him for 5 months?

"Ivy, you've been acting distant since we got to Steve's house.Whats up?" He asked looking over at me.I'm being distant? If only you really knew what was running through my head Mr.Garcia, you'd be acting distant too.

"Its nothing Gabe.I just-" I tried to think of the best way to explain exactly how I was feeling to him, but I wasn't quite sure just how to word it without sounding too cliche.

"Just what? Talk to my Ivy you know I hate when you get like this." His voice now sounded a little more worried then irritated, which obviously meant that I was getting to him.

"Its just that, I don't know I mean sure I'm more then happy that you and the guys are joining the tour and that you guys are signing to the record label but I'm just-I'm just afraid Gabriel, I'm really fucking afraid." I blurted out, feeling tears start to sting in my eyes.

I saw him stare at me, just looking like he was trying to read my mind.

"What are you afraid of Ivy? What is it that has you so fucking scared?" He asked, grabbing onto my hand tightly.I just sniffled and looked down at our hands.I was scared of losing him, thats what.

"Of losing you, Gabriel because I love you." I whispered, now feeling the tears that built up in my eyes run down my face, causing my makeup to smear and stain my cheeks.

He didn't mutter out a word, instead he pulled me into his arms and held me in a tight hug while I began to cry into his chest.I felt stupid and completely embarrassed that I had just admitted everything to him, but I knew it had to be said.

"Come with me, Ivy.You can be like our tech and help us with all our gear and stuff.That way we can be together because I love you too." He said softly, rubbing small circles into my back to help calm me down.

There was no way that my parents were going to let me stop the rest of my sophomore year in high school just so I could go on tour around the globe with my best friend and his band mates.Sure their parents knew and understood how much it meant to them, but mine didn't.

"I can't Gabe, you know how my parents our.I'm lucky that I've been able to stay friends with you once we got in junior high and you started your transition into Gabriel Garcia of Black Tide.You know they weren't too pleased with that." I cried, holding onto him tighter.

I just heard him let out a loud sigh before he cupped my face in his hands, making me look up at him."Think about it please, you have until tomorrow." He said before pulling me in for the most sweetest kiss I had ever had.

I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.I was afraid that if I let him go, it would be for good.And that is definitely not what I wanted to happen.

"Okay, I'll let you know after school tomorrow.I promise." I said before hugging onto him tightly then getting out of the car.

I had a lot to think about in the next 24 hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to write a two chapter one shot about the amazing Gabe Garcia of Black Tide.Not too many stories have been written about them so I thought I'd write one :) Maybe turn this into a full on story if people like it.Still updating my other stories as we speak, so enjoy everyone! Feedback is MUCH appreciated :)