‹ Prequel: This Burning Room
Status: read it!

To Set You Free

Tommy

I am looking at perfection. Pure and utter perfection. My world is at a stand still, and I feel like I am drifting, with the waves lapping around my ankles. Elena is about a foot in front of me holding Wyatt's hand tightly so that the waves that break in the around about his waist do not drag him away. Kinleigh is more hesitant, using both hands to hold onto me for dear life. I look down at her and smile, she returns the smile, trying to mask her uncertainty.

I pick her up and her arms find comfort around my neck, "Is that better?"

Kinleigh nods. "Don't tell Wyatt that I'm scared, he'll make fun of me forever."

"Secret is safe with me," I use my free hand to zip my lips and throw away the invisible key. Kinleigh smiles and tightens her grip around me slightly.

We watch for a while longer before Kinleigh speaks again. "I think I am ready to move closer to mommy, but don't let go."

"I'll never let go," I tell her softly and comforting.

I wade through water and sand to stand her to her beautiful mother and fearless brother. They are laughing endlessly as the cool water splashes in their faces.

Together we stand there, eventually Kinleigh works up the courage to stand on her own, both her hands, clasped in mine and Elena's. We watch as the sun dips on the horizon and lights the water on fire. I look at Elena, her eyes are closed and her smile is carefree. I can see the sea come in then drag her frustrations, fears and whatever sadness she has away, leaving nothing but bliss. I watch, mesmerized as Elena parts her lips and exhales a large and steady breath. In that moment, all I wanted to do was kiss her, and tell her that we'd find a way to make everything that still haunts us, disappear.

*

It's Saturday night, Wyatt and Kinleigh are softly sleeping after and Elena and I wrapped into each other on a lounge chair out on the balcony. From this high I feel like I can touch the world. I am touching the world, she is wrapped up in my arms.

I smile hugely. "What are you smiling about?" Elena looks up at me with her big eyes smiling just as big as myself.

"This weekend was really good."

"Despite having to catering to my kids every wish."

"Because of that. I like Wyatt and Kinleigh, they're great kids."

"They are," Elena lays her head back on my chest.

"I wish we didn't have to go back tomorrow."

"Me either, I don't want reality to ruin anything."

"Yeah, me either," I say in an off tone. It didn't seem like I meant it, but I did. I want nothing more than to stay in the world, twentyish odd stories high, where no one can bother us. But I knew that sometime we had be brought down to real life, where we had to make decisions that none of us wanted to make.

After a while Elena kissed my cheek, "I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, night."

I waited until I head the door to the bedroom open and close before I dug into my pocket and extracted my phone.

I dialed the number and it was answered on the first ring, "Hi baby. I haven't talked to you in a couples days. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, everything is fine. I just went to Miami for the weekend just to soak up a little bit of sun before it started to get colder. I've missed you," I tell Quinn.

"I've missed you too. I've been so lonely,"I can hear Quinn smiling a seductive little smile. "I can't wait to be done with this movie so I start planning the rest of my life with you."

"I'll come visit you on set. I just wanted to call and tell you that I've been thinking about you. Night baby, I love you."

"Love you too."

I press end and sit back in my chair. I knew by doing that I was only digging my grave a little bit deeper.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is so ugly outside.

This is a short chapter because the other one was so long.

But there you go.

Comment and tell me what you think so far. I think that it's time for some action. :D

But again, new story! But I don't know what to write about, what do y'all want to read about?

So yeah, recommend, comment, subscribe, become my friend!