‹ Prequel: This Burning Room
Status: read it!

To Set You Free

Tommy

After breaking nearly everything breakable in my mom's house, I checked into a hotel and waited for my manager to fly in so we could come up with a way to release this to the press in a way that would boost my career.

Ed is with his lawyer when I open up the door. He tells me that he is having someone collect DNA samples tonight so we could get them by Wednesday. I was happy with that part. I am instructed to recall every negative thing about Elena troubled past.

"Why?" I ask.

"We need her to be the bad guy. The more unstable she looks the better it'll be for you," Ed anwers before Ross, the lawyer, has a chance to.

"But what if they're my kids?" I start to question this whole thing.

"Do you really think they are?"

"Well Kinleigh has my eyes, and Wyatt is exactly like me when I was his age."

"Yeah, I'm sure a million other kids have your color eyes. Want to put them on the list to get DNA samples from?" Ed asks, sarcastically.

"No, but, I can't publicly humiliate Elena like that. Yeah I'm pissed at hell at her, but I would never hurt her on purpose."

"Okay, we'll vaguely hint that she has a past. Does that sound better?" Ross speaks up.

"I'll do that," I say and they wait for me to vaguely spill everything I know about Elena. "Well her dad killed himself when she was younger and her mom went off the deep end. She died not to long ago. But while we were dating has had an eating disorder. It was really bad, she was hospitalized for it. We fought all the time, we broke up a lot. I slept with her best friend one time when I thought she slept with a buddy of mine."

"Did she?" Ross asked, scribbling everything I say into a notebook.

"No. I don't think she was ever unfaithful. I was the only person that she trusted, but then I left and the only time I came back is now."

"Do you think that she might have slept with your cousin, Eric is it? He is her boss and they've know each other for awhile."

"Eric wouldn't do that. At least I think he wouldn't."

"Maybe you should call him?"

"Elena is going to be at work tonight, I'll do it tomorrow."

We're all finished and Ed is sending an email to E! releasing a statement about everything. Ed says that if we're lucky, it'll be on E! News tonight, but somehow I don't think that is being lucky. Being lucky is Elena still being at work while it is running and her not getting a chance to see it until the reruns. As Ross files more papers into his brief case and Ed types away on his computer, there is a knock on the door.

"Are you expecting anyone else?" I ask Ed, getting up and heading towards the door once he shakes his head, not bothering to look up from his laptop.

I look through the peephole and see Quinn with a smug look plastered to her face. I open the door in confusion.

"What are you doing here?"

"That is no way you answer the door to someone who is going to sleep with you tonight," She says bitterly as she strides past me and into the room. "This room is small, couldn't you get the pent house or something?"

"They don't have a pent house and I took the only room available," I said, somewhat annoyed.

"Whatever, but I paid a visit to that fat pig."

"Don't call her that, she's not fat."

"Whatever," I hate that word, and Quinn knows it, but here she is using it twice in one minute. "She looks like a fat homeless person. I'm sorry that I accused you of cheating on me because I know that you would never downgrade that much."

"Seriously Quinn, she isn't fat. She had two children at the same time. If you're going to keep saying things like that you have to leave."

"You'd kick me out because I'm speaking the truth about someone who is making false statements about you and could potentially ruin your life."

As I was about to answer Quinn, my phone rings from the coffee table by Ed. He looks at the caller ID before answering.

"Tommy Van Pierce, this is his manager Ed speaking. Who am I talking to?" He says very business like.

That's all he says before hanging up the phone. "Elena didn't like Curtis Jones paying her a visit tonight. She wouldn't give him DNA samples of Wyatt and Kinleigh, we'll try tomorrow."

"So she's home." I say more as a fact than a question, but Ed nods his head anyways.

"We'd better go, tomorrow looks like a rough day. Make sure you call Eric, I'll call you in the morning," Ed says standing along with Ross. I shake both of their hands before escorting them to the door.

Now it is just Quinn and I. I watch as she turns on the TV and flips through the channels until she lands on the one I was secretly hoping she wouldn't land on.

A man and a woman are standing in front of a professional backdrop, dishing on all of the latest gossip.

"Van Pierce's manager claims that an ex girlfriend is threatening to sue for child support for her two kids. Tommy denies having these kids and is confident that once they get the DNA test results it'll prove what he has been saying," the woman says into the camera.

It's not what I said. A part of me is mad that Ed would say that I said that.

"What has he been saying?" Now it is the man who is talking.

"That Elena Fraser is crazy. She went on a psychotic break after he broke up with her nearly five years ago and she has been doing everything to get him back. Even going to lengths of getting knocked up."

I couldn't believe it. "That Elena Fraser is crazy." That is not what I said at all. She has had a rough life, but that does not make her crazy.

I turn off the television and walk out onto the balcony. Quinn tries to follow, but I don't let her. I simply shut the glass door on her face without even looking. I just wanted to be alone. I couldn't begin to think how perfect things were last weekend to how crazy they are right now. I didn't want it to come to this. I didn't want this big battle between us, I was just mad. I still am mad, I'm furious, but that doesn't give me the right to go bashing her on live television.

I put my head in my hands as my phone begins to ring. At first I think it's Ed, calling to apologize for what I just watched, but I am wrong.

I clear my throat, "What?"

"I'm not going to play this game with you Tommy. I thought you were different. Once this results come back positive, and you look like an ass, I want nothing to do with you. I want nothing to do with you or your family. I don't want your money, I don't need your mom's money. I am quitting both jobs and getting new ones. You will never see your kids, even if you wanted to. I never wanted anything but for you to be happy, happy with me, eventually for you to be happy with your kids. But now that won't happen because I don't want my kids to know that their father is the meanest type of monster."

She hung up, leaving me in a grave I dug that is much deeper than six feet. I didn't want it to be like this. I just wanted to know, officially if these were my kids. And why she would keep this from me.

I heard the sliding glass door open from behind me. "Come to bed, I'll help get your mind off of everything, I promise," Quinn says seductively. I grudgingly got up and closed the glass door behind me. I did need to get my mind off of everything that has happened, but even Quinn won't help. Instead I grab my coat and walk out of the hotel room and down to the elevators.

I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't want to be here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I played around with writing some parts of the fanfictions but I don't know if I want to write a whole story about someone who is famous in real life.

but tell me what you guys want. Comment the ideas or message me, I don't care. I just need to start the story like because this only has like 3-5 more chapters.

But yeah, seriously, comment, message, carrier pigeon, message in a bottle. Something, anything.

lol, later gators.