‹ Prequel: This Burning Room
Status: read it!

To Set You Free

Tommy

I felt like my whole career had been built on lies. I thought that it had been pure luck that Ed Walton had been in that run down bar so many years ago. I thought that I had done it all by my self, but it turns out that I hadn't. If it wasn't for Elena, I'd probably still begging small coffee shops and my cousin to let us do a gig there. I didn't get where I was from luck, but from love.

"Baby, what are you thinking about?" Quinn asks from the seat beside me. "You've been in your own little land since you got back from talking to Ed. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. Everything is fine baby. I'm just nervous for you to meet my family. It's a big step for us," I clear every thought of Elena from my mind.

"I'm excited to take this step with you," Quinn snuggles into my side, while the airplane gets ready to take off. "I can't wait to meet your family. If they're anything like you, I'm sure I'll love them."

The plane ride drags on. Five hours of hushed whispers of people wonder if I am really who they think I am, but finally the plane take its finally descent.

The paparazzi is waiting for us when we head to the baggage claim. It's still all too surreal for me. People actually want to know what I am doing, they want to stalk my every move. A part of me loves the publicity and the other part of me is scared for my life.

Quinn grabs hold of my hand, then places a swift kiss on my cheek before smiling a big sexy grin. She was marking her territory, like she was a dog and I am a lonely yellow fire hydrant. I drop my head and look at my shoes allowing Quinn to guide me.

It's seven o'clock when I pull onto the long shaded driveway. It wasn't until now that I realized how homesick I really was. I couldn't wait to hug my mother, go into town, see all of my old friends, have a drink at Eric's bar legally for the first time.

My mom doesn't know that I'm coming, and I can't wait to see the look of her face when I walk through the door. Quickly, I cut the engine and race for the door, leaving Quinn to deal with the luggage.

Opening the side door, I hear my mother in the kitchen. Quietly I walk through my old house until I am right behind her.

"Hey Ma," I say simply. My mom whips around and I can see the blood drain from her face.

"Thomas!" was all she could say.

"Are you surprised?" I pull her into a tight hug and instantly I am brought back to my childhood years.

"Yes, it's such a good surprise though-" she started to say just as Quinn walks into the kitchen through the hallway. My mothers eyes grow huge. "You could have called before you bring a girl home, the house is a wreck!"

I look around. The house is spotless, always has and always will. "Whatever ma, the house looks great. But this is Quinn-"

"Oh I know who she is. I read People magazine," My my interupted me.

I roll my eyes as Quinn laughs, "Anyways this is my girlfriend, Quinn O'hara."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Quinn hugs my mom.

"It's nice to meet you too. How was your flight?"

"Awful. Your son went cheap and instead of having a private jet that I'm used to, we rode first class."

"At least I didn't book couch," I grumble as my mom laughs, putting on her expensive women persona.

I didn't know why I was so freaked out about Quinn meeting my mom. In many ways they were a lot like. Headstrong, bitchy, in control at all times. They were getting along great and that was all I could ask for. It's a shame that Quinn would be leaving the day after tomorrow to go work on a new movie.

*

I woke up with Quinn absent from my side. It is nearly eleven thirty. I never sleep in this late.

Downstairs, I find my mom but no Quinn.

"Where is Quinn?"

"She went for a run, dear. Want some lunch?"

"Please."

Now was the perfect time to tell my mom plans to propose. "I'm going to ask her to marry me."

"Who dear?" my mom has her back turned, tending to whatever she was cooking.

"What do you mean who? My girlfriend, Quinn."

"Oh of course. That's great dear, I'm happy for you," her excitement sounded generic.

"Yeah, I'm going to call Eric to ask if I can play at the bar, for old time sake. I want to do it on stage."

My mom stopped. Slowly she put the knife that she had been working with down and turned around. "Is that such a good idea?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, in front of people. It'll be all over the tabloids. Do you really want that?"

"Quinn will love it. She loves it when she is in the limelight."

"Well whatever you think is best, I guess. I'm happy for you honey."

I nodded, "I'm going to go get ready and call Eric."

*

"Hey do I look fat in this?" Quinn did a complete circle.

"You're like a rail Quinn. No you don't look fat."

"Shut up I'm like a whale."

I rolled my eyes, her and her weight issues. It reminded me of Elena.

There she is again. Elena. In the last twenty-four hours she has been like a permanent fix in my mind. I wondered what she was doing, and how she was. Is she still the same insecure girl who really no idea how she can affect somebody?

The word that I was in town and performing got around like wildfire. The bar is packed to the brim, every person waiting to listen to me sing. This is my favorite type of high.

I tap on the microphone to make sure it's turned on, it is. The crowd goes quiet. "It's great to be back. I can't tell you guys home much I've missed playing on this stage," The crowd yelled and cheered begging me to hurry up and sing. "Before I begin there is something that I wanted to do tonight. There is a special person here that I want to introduce. Baby come out here," I held out my hand and Quinn walks across the stage like she owns the place. I hear more hoops and hollers, this time from the guys.

"Baby, I love you," I kiss her sweetly and the people aw. That is when I pulled the velvet box from out of my pocket and got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" cameras started to flash and everybody went wild.

Quinn nodded yes, her face plastered with the biggest smile. I slid the ring onto her pretty little finger before pulling her into a kiss the photographers would love.

Quinn exited the stage the way she came from to let be proceed with my singing. This was the first time that I got a good look at the crowd. All eyes were on me and I loved it. At that moment I locked eyes with a blonde haired girl, with the most amazing smile and kissable lips. At that moment I locked eyes with the girl behind the bar. At that moment I locked eyes with her, Elena Fraser.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT FUCKING SNOWED! It's October mother nature, slow the fuck down with that blizzard shit. I'm pissed.

So I'm frozen to death while procrastinating doing my homework. BOO COLLEGE.

I want you guys to give me a lot of feedback, what do you want to see happen? COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT SUBSCRIBE RECOMMEND COMMENT! (:

Love you!