Status: Done

Kadreims

Forever And Always

After James had popped the question in bed back in January, Nazem sat there in shook. Tears had instantly filled his eyes and they shed slowly down his cheeks. James had waited nervously for an answer. He hugged Naz and told him, "I love you. Please don't cry.. I'm sorry if this is moving too fast. I can wait for you to make up your mind, if you need time or space."

Kadri then wiped his eyes and cupped Reimer's face in his hands and replied with, "No no, it's not too fast. It's exactly the right time. I'm sorry I'm crying, I just.. I love you."

James had looked down at the diamond ring in its small red box. He looked back up when he heard Naz clear his throat and get ready to speak again.

"Yes." Naz had smiled lightly.

"Y-yes what?" Reims asked for clarification.

"Yes. I'll marry you, James Reimer." he grinned.

James slipped the ring through Nazem's finger and stared into his eyes. They were really gonna get married. He was marrying his best friend-- his teammate-- his fiancé.

They hugged each other tightly. James planted a kiss on Nazem's head and they had sat there in each other's presence...

-

May 1st, 2013.

The Leafs secured a playoff spot, finally ending their 7 year drought. The longest playoff drought recorded in the NHL.

Leafs finished the 48 game season in 4th place in the Eastern Conference. They now had to face their long time rival, the Montreal Canadiens, who were the 5th seed.

Boston, 1st place, now had to play a series vs the Flyers, who clinched the 8th spot. Penguins, 2nd, were going to play the Devils, who ended up in 7th place. Also, the Rangers who were 3rd had to verse the Hurricanes who finished in the 6th spot.

The playoffs were officially beginning tomorrow, but the 'big day' was today.

The day Nazem and James had marked on their calendars.

The day people on twitter had been going nuts for.

The day the Leafs and Marlies had organized.

The day everyone had been waiting for.

...

It was a beautiful Spring day in British Columbia. It wasn't cold and it wasn't hot either, it was just perfectly warm weather. The flowers blossomed and the birds chirped happily.

"How do I look?" James turned from the large mirror to his best men. Mike Kostka, Ben Scrivens, Phil Kessel, Tyler Bozak.

"Great!" Mike clapped his hands together.

"Really? You think so?" James asked in a voice that a little boy used on Christmas morning.

"Yes," Ben came up close and fixed James' black bow tie so it was straight. "You look amazing."

"Thanks, Ben." James smiled. "And thanks for everything, guys." he looked at his friends who were also in their expensive suits.

"C'mon, let's head out to the alter. You don't want Nazem to think you skipped." Phil said. Tyler nodded and held the door open. James was the last one to step out. They followed James outside, though, and stood near him as they waited for Nazem to arrive.

James looked into the crowd. They were having the wedding outside by the water in Vancouver, B.C. He glanced at the pretty white roses along the sides of the aisle. They had set up a pink carpet for Nazem on. In just a few minutes, he was going to see his soon-to-be husband walking toward him.

James noticed April and Jenny sitting in the white Italian-type chairs in the 2nd row. He smiled at April and she nodded, smiling back. He looked at all his teammates, coaches and friends that were also sitting. Brian Burke was sitting in the front row with Randy Carlyle. Burke had been fired in January for no reason at all because Maple Leaf Sports And Entertainment are fuckheads. Although, once the Leafs had remained in a playoff position through February, MLSE had quickly fired Dave Nonis and re-hired Burke--who had gone back to Anaheim as a pro scout for a few week, but Burke made the owners kiss his feet and they did, so Burke came back to the Leafs as the President and General Manager again. He threatened Bell and Rogers, "If you try to fuck with MY team once more, I will personally sell YOU myself." From that day on, Bell and Rogers never spoke bad again. Leafs nation was happy again. T'was a wonderful season.

James took a deep breath as he saw a few of Nazem's best men come out and strand on the left side. Jake Gardiner, Clarke MacArthur, and James van Riemsdyk.

James took a step closer to James, the goalie, and whispered, "He'll be here in a minute. Same with Fratts."

Reims smiled and hung his arms in front of him. He locked his fingers together and waited patiently.

**

"I'm nervous." Naz let out a loud sigh in his dressing room.

"Don't get cold feet on him, now." Matt Frattin smirked. "The boys are already out there. Everyone's waiting."

"I'm getting nervous here, as well." Dallas Eakins said. He was on a chair, eating a piece of cake with his hands.

"Coach," Matt shook his head. "You're gonna get icing on your suit."

"Hey!" Naz looked at Dally. "You yelled at ME for eating too much and called me fat at the beginning of the season with the Marlies!"

"You know I love you." Dally beamed, speaking with his mouth full. Nazem laughed and accepted. He set the plate down and wiped his fingers and lips with a napkin. "Alright, do I get to walk you down the aisle now?"

Naz took a deep breath. "Okay. I'm ready."

..

The bells rung and the crowd turned their heads to Nazem Kadri. He was linking arms with Eakins and they were both wearing $2,000 suits. Everyone stood on their feet and watched as they slowly walked down the aisle.

"The dream! Woooooooo!" Dion Phaneuf yelled. Everyone laughed and clapped.

"The road." Tyler Bozak smirked.

"The boys." JvR added.

"Always." Bozie replied.

Nazem and James laughed along with everyone, even though the crowd was supposed to stay quiet as Nazem came.

"Thank you, Dally." Naz hugged Dallas at the end of the aisle in front of James.

Yeah," Eakins said with happy tears in his eyes. He went and sat down in the front row beside Burkie and Carlyle.

"Dearly beloved," the priest began. "We are gathered here today to join this man and this man in Matrimony. Into honorable estate which these two persons present come now to be joined." He continued his speech.

"Therefore, if man can show any just cause why they may not be together, speak now or forever hold his peace." he looked at the people.

He waited for a moment and everyone stayed silent. Naz and James smiled.

The priest turned to Reims and said, "Do you take this man to be your husband?" he turned his head to Nazem and also asked them both: "Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour him, keep him in sickness and in health?"

"In sickness and in health." James repeated.

"I promise to be true in good times and in bad." Nazem said.

"For better or for worse," James vowed.

"For richer," Naz breathed.

"Or poorer." James finished.

"Until death do us part." Nazem swallowed.

"Until death do us part." James gulped.

They turned to face the priest again and he showed them that they can exchange rings now. James and Nazem put on their gold rings and smiled gently at each other after.

"I now pronounce you," the priest smiled. "Husband, and husband."

Everyone erupted in cheers and began clapping as the newly wedded couple kissed.

"Kadreims!" their teammates all yelled happily. Burke stood on his feet first, and then everyone else did as well.

"I'm proud of you boys." Brian wiped the tear of his cheek with the back of his left index finger.

"We couldn't have done it without your constant support. Thank you for organizing the You Can Play program. You're a true hero." James stated. He wrapped his arm around Naz as they talked to the GM, while everyone else went by the tables for dessert.

"Of course." Burkie accepted his thank you. "And you're still the real deal. I'll always believe in you."

That's what made Reimer's confidence go higher than the scale. Brian hugged James and James whispered, "Thanks for always believing in me." Once he stood back again, he added, "And thanks for not trading for Luongo."

"Luonhoe isn't the real deal. And as long as I'm the GM, I'll make sure everyone knows constantly that you're the first goalie that has given us hope." he grinned. "And you," he turned his face to Nazem. "I'm sorry for doubting you. I shouldn't have kept you in the minors for that long and I should have fired Wilson as soon as I saw him treat you like shit. You really proved everyone wrong." he smiled and waited for Nazem to reply.

"Don't mention it." Naz smiled. "You were the one who drafted me, after all. I'm just glad you're back. Fuck Nonis."

Burkie laughed and they shook hands.

...

While everyone was busy eating and dancing as the night grew old, James and Nazem sat on the rocks by the water. The ocean waves soothed them and they stared out into the sunset.

"I love you." Nazem looked at James.

"I love you too." James kissed him.

"Forever?" Kadri placed his head on Reimer's chest.

"And always.." Reimer promised and wrapped his arm around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.