Rosary

Invitation

Clover

“Clover.” The name rolled off the tip of his tongue so seductively.

A shiver ran down my spine, and I felt my body tingle. I looked up when I felt his fingers underneath my chin, tilting my head up until our eyes met, my breath hitching in my throat. I stared up into his gorgeous, deep blue eyes, my heart pounding against my chest painfully.

“Don’t be nervous,” he said, his velvety–smooth voice ringing in my ears.

I slowly nodded my head and closed my eyes, gasping when I felt his hands transition to rest on my hips, his thumbs lifting the hem of my shirt up, running over my skin. I was sure my panties were becoming soaked, but I managed to stand my ground—for the moment.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, the ear-piercing sound of a bell rung out.


I jumped awake, letting out the most awkward noise a person could possibly make. I groaned at the few snickers I heard around me, watching everyone walk out of the room except for Tessa. I gathered my books and shoved them into my bag, standing up and slinging the heavy thing over my shoulder. I looked up at her and sighed at the look she gave me. “What were you dreaming about?” she asked, sounding quite amused.

“I’ll tell you later, Tess,” I muttered, quickly sneaking past the teacher, tugging her along behind myself. I walked toward my locker and dialed the combination, pulling the handle up and opening it before looking over at her again. Before I could even speak, she cut me off, a grin gracing her flawless, tan face.

“You were dreaming about Jo—”

I quickly reached up and covered her mouth with my hand, narrowing my eyes at her. “Hush,” I hissed, shaking my head and allowing my hand to slowly retreat. “Don’t you dare shout that out. I don’t need the hussy finding out.”

“Aw, c’mon, Clover; Chelsea’s not that bad. She’s only slept with the entire football team,” Tessa said, releasing a sarcastic chuckle before folding her arms over her chest. “I mean, who hasn’t the girl slept with? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she’s getting easy A’s in all her classes.”

I made a face at that thought and shook my head, biting down on my bottom lip as I looked into my locker, attempting to remember what I needed to grab out. I finally remembered and reached inside, grabbing my notebook for Physics along with the textbook and my lunch. I shut the locker and turned the dial before heading off to lunch with Tess.

When we arrived, Delilah was already sitting at the table, waiting for us. We took our seats and I sat my books and lunch down on the table. “You guys took forever,” she said, arching a brow as she looked between us.

“Yeah, well sleeping beauty here was having a wet dream in the middle of class,” Tessa said, jabbing her thumb into my shoulder.

I groaned and covered my face with my hand, feeling the heat rising in my cheeks. “Tess, I’m going to murder you,” I huffed, earning giggles from both girls.

“Oh, you know you love me,” she said, poking my nose.

The rest of the day seemed to drag on forever, and I was relieved to go home. I parked my car in the driveway and climbed out of the car, shutting the door and locking the doors. I walked to the mailbox, sighing as I opened it. I pulled out the many envelopes in there, raising an eyebrow when I saw something black in the back. I put the other envelopes under my arm and reached back, grabbing the black, square envelope. It was sealed in the back with red wax, like it would have been a couple centuries ago.

My eyebrows furrowed together and I shut the door, carrying everything inside. Nobody was home, and I knew I should wait until at least one of my parents got home, but I was curious. I sat down at the island in the kitchen and opened the black envelope, pulling out a letter. I unfolded it and skimmed over it.

Dear Daniels Family,

You have been formally invited to a dinner party on Friday, October 19th, 2012, at the Delarosa house. Please wear formal attire. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely, Avery and Lucien Delarosa
♠ ♠ ♠
Some feedback would be lovely. Thank you Hannah for commenting and recommending, it means a lot to us. Some more comments would be nice. We worked really hard on these chapters!