Love's Insanity

Chapter One

The entire room was white; the walls, floors, ceiling, and furniture. Even the people in the room wore all-white. The only color was the green tint of the patient's eyes, the glistening gold ring on his wedding finger, and the doctor's blue tie. The two sat across from eachother in metal folding chairs. The doctor held a clipboard and his eyes were glued to it the entire time he spoke.

"You must open up, Mr. Valo. Otherwise, you will have to sit in these sessions for the rest of your time here."

Ville sat with his hands folded in his lap and stared at his gold ring. He started fumbling with it and began to speak.

"I will talk on one condition,"

The doctor was in total awe for hearing his voice for the first time in six months. He slowly nodded for him to continue.

"Let me have a smoke."

"I can't, this is a non-smoking facility and you aren't allowed outside at this time."

"Then here goes another quite session," Ville said and crossed him arms over his chest. The doctor sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"How about this, you answer a couple of questions and I will let you have a couple puffs."

"Sounds good."

The doctor smiled. He wasn't going to hold up on his end.

"Why do you think you're in here?"

"I know why I'm in here. I killed seven people," Ville stated.

"And why did you do that?"

Ville took a deep sigh before continuing.

"I did it all just for her. She was the one who drove me to insanity. My little poison girl.