Shattered and Broken

Chapter 4:Piece by Piece

Nicole

I arrived to the photo shoot at 30 minutes late, I had to run to hair and make up and to the clothes rack ugh why do I do this to myself?The late night partying,the random sex,the hangovers get me every time.

It was about 3:45 when were done and I called Kendall,just to get sent straight to voice mail.I went to her house with soup remembering that she was sick *knock knock* no answer…where the hell is she?I went to my car and texted Gabby.

Me:do you know where kendall is?

Gabbz:I think her condo why?

Me:i was trying to check on her i haven’t heard from her in some days

Gabbz:Oh so now you chose to give a fuck huh

I looked at the message like ‘what the fuck is she talking about?’

Me:wtf are you talking about now.i didn’t do anything

Gabbz:It doesn’t even matter anymore -__-

What doesn’t matter anymore?What is going on?Why is everyone mad at me?…I took off towards Kendall’s condo which is a 4 hour drive but I was prepared to get some answers.

Kendall

I woke up to my an empty bed and a text from Grabby.

Gabby:I think Nicole is on her way there she txt me askin questions and shit -_-

Me:’__’ ugh why ,she need to stay on her side of town

I looked at the time it said 4:33pm I can’t believe I slept that long.As I walked to the kitchen I heard yelling coming from the other side of the bathroom door.I knocked and slowly opened the door to find Chris is the fetal position sweating and shaking.He was shaking so hard and he looked like he wanted to cry I felt kinda bad for him.I realized he was sober and hasn’t had any drugs in his system in a while,that was a good thing but bad at the same.

Helping him in the shower I went to eat a bowl of pudding,I was almost done until I heard foot steps.When I turned around my jaw dropped he was standing in the kitchen naked and dripping with water walking towards the guest room….Damn..

When he got dressed he came in and sat on a stool and grabbed my arm,making me turn to face him leaving an inch of space between us.”Are you okay?” he asked looking down at me leaving me speechless because of the look of concern and lust in his eyes.

“I-I u-h um-“I struggled to get the words out of my throat before I could even finish Chris leaned down and kissed my lips.His lips were soft and plump it may sound corny but I felt sparks and shit ,wow.It was like 3 minutes of my lips against his until he pulled a way and smiled a bit.I felt myself blushing as I looked away from him,he lifted my chin “Why were you crying yesterday?”

I tried to turn my head but I couldn’t and I felt tears coming so I took a deep breath.”I saw the guy who murdered my mother and sister”,I sighed”tried to kill me but I got out of the house before it burned down I-“. Before I could finish I heard my door slam and Nicole smiling at the sight of Chris and I in our underwear.Chris let out an nervous chuckle while scratching the back of his neck and excused him self out of the kitchen.

Here comes the bullshit…………

Mama J

I was so worried out Chris since I heard he was is the hospital,I knew Laecey had something to do with it.Praying wasn’t helping me enough looking at a picture of us so many years ago.I felt the tears starting to fall but I stopped them before they could.

I’m going to save my baby boy.