Status: This story is for Zero Kiryu! I hope you like it!

Brotherly Love

Seeking Refuge

Life is never fair. Ichiru knows that, but he can’t help feeling disappointed. He’s disappointed that he can’t live with the vampires in the night class. Where is he going to live now? Zero had just stormed out, without telling him where they were going. When he had asked he said, “To a friend’s.” Ichiru didn’t know what that meant. He is scared, that wherever they are going, the people will deny him their home. He can’t shake the fear, as Zero and he continue walking. They’re walking for a while and Ichiru wonders when they’ll reach their destination.

“Zero, how much longer?” He asks, uttering his fear.

Zero snaps his head in Ichiru’s direction and his eyes soften. “Not much longer, I promise,” he says his voice sincere.

Ichiru smiles and the two brothers continue on their way. Zero isn’t lying; it doesn’t take more than fifteen minutes to get to his friend’s house. A beautiful girl with brown hair and soft eyes appears when Zero knocks. “Zero and is that your brother?” She questions.

“What happened?” She asks.

“Yuki,” Zero says and embraces his friend. He cries into her shoulder and she pats his back sympathetically.

“Let’s talk inside,” she says when Zero pulls away.

He nods and we go in. An older gentleman is sitting on the couch. He looks up and when he sees us asks, “Zero are you okay?”

Zero lets out a sigh and says, “Not really.”

He takes a seat next to him and Ichiru can tell Zero’s about to cry again. He looks at Zero’s friend called Yuki. She nods, letting him know that it’s okay to sit down. He takes a seat by Zero and Yuki sits down next to him.

“Zero, tell us what’s wrong,” Yuki replies.

Zero shudders and says, “They kicked Ichiru out Yuki, not even caring about where he would live.”

“What are you talking about?” She inquires.

Zero sighs and says, “Remember I told you Ichiru might be living with our parent’s murderer?”

She nods, urging him to go on.

“Well it was true,” he replies.

She gasps, her eyes gone wide.

“It’s okay though. She passed away,” he responds.

“That was the problem though. Shizuka’s passing meant Ichiru was left alone.” Zero looks at Yuki with sadness.

“That’s horrible!” She exclaims.

“I know and the vampires wouldn’t let Ichiru stay because they thought he would betray them.”

“That’s ridiculous, he was living with a vampire,” Yuki replies aghast.

Zero nods, “That’s what I said but they wouldn’t listen. They were nitpicking everything we said.”

Zero hangs his head and Yuki says, “I’m so sorry.”

“I came here to ask you if we could live with you and the headmaster,” he says.

“We?” Yuki questions.

“Yes. I can’t live with those traitors Yuki. Can I take my room back?”

Yuki’s eyes begin to water, “Of course you can! I’ve missed you so much Zero!”

“And Ichiru?” He asks.

“Oh him?” Yuki says sneering.

“Yuki!” Zero yells.

Yuki bursts out laughing, “I’m just kidding! Any relative of yours is welcome here Zero.”

Zero laughs as well, “You’re horrible, but thank you.”

Yuki grins, “No problem.”

That’s how Ichiru came to live with Zero, Yuki and her father. He’s happier than he’s been in a long time. Yuki is sweet and Ichiru can tell Zero is crushing on her. He’s too shy to say anything to her though. It’s funny but he feels as if he’s actually found a place where he belongs.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. :)