Status: I've already written most of this story and now it is just a matter of me uploading it... which might take a while because I have other stories in the process also.

Lost in the Echo

Therapy you were never a friend to me and you can keep all your misery

“Hey Hime, Turtle who these people?” Mike asked when we came through the back yard. I tried to skip back a few feet but Tony laughed and caught my arm.

“This is the new band that just got signed.” Jaime said and grabbed a beer from a cooler. “Lost in the Echo.”

“So the boys wont ask you to so I will.” a little middle aged woman said as she walked out of the house. “What are your guys’ names?”

“I’m Andrew Bristow. I play bass.” Andrew said and put his hands in his pockets.

“Nikita Moltov I do voice.” he said with a lazy grin and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m Misha that tard’s brother. I do Rhythm guitar.”

“Cyril I am drums.” Cyril murmured. He hadnt said a word since we left the building.

“I’m Maria Fuentes and I play lead guitar.” I said and smiled softly. I was really shy and standing this close to people whose music I loved was strange for me.

“Fuentes?” Vic asked. “Really?”

“What are your parents names Maria?” Mama Fuentes asked.

“I dunno my mama’s name.” I said quietly. “She died when I was born but my pa’s name is Carlos.”

“Do you have a good relationship with him?” Mike asked and I shook my head no.

I felt tears burn my eyes and I ducked away from Tony and bolted back to our car. I sat with my back to a tire and leaned my head against the hot metal. I wiped at my tears with the shirt but where I cleaned more appeared to take their place. There was the crunching of gravel and I looked up through my tears to see Tony. He sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into his side and he let me cry until I was done.

“Sorry I prolly just ruined your shirt.” I sniffled and rubbed eyeliner off my cheek bone.

“Eh it’s just a shirt.” he said. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked and I looked at his face for a little before deciding that I might a well.

“My pa blames me for my mama’s death… she died of a cocaine overdose three days after I was born. He didn’t care though. To him I killed her. He was really abusive and when I turned sixteen Misha and Nikita moved me in with them. All five of us now live in the same place… it has become our new safe haven. Our parents all hate us for… various reasons.” I murmured and looked at my hands. “I wish I would’ve been able to meet her though. Maybe I did kill her.”

“No you didn’t.” Tony said and took my hand in his. “Your mama loved you. She was addicted to the powder and it was an accident.”

“How do you know?” I asked and looked up at him. “My grand parents all tell me she never wanted a kid and that I ruined her life and my pa’s life.”

“Come talk to Mama.” he said and stood up. he held his hand out for me to take and then pulled me to my feet but didn’t let go of my hand. “You want to hear this.” He led me into the house where they were all sitting in the living room. Mama had a photo book in her hands and she looked like she was gonna cry.

“Maria your ma was my little sister.” she said in a thick voice and handed me the book. “Come sit here honey.” she said and patted the seat next to her. I did but I wouldn’t let Tony go and he sat next to me. He made me feel safe. “She came to us one day when she was just eighteen and said that she was pregnant. Then she just disappeared. Then your god awful father showed up on my door step and told me that my baby sister was dead.” she said and dissolved into tears.

Mike pulled his mom into a hug and started murmuring things to her in Spanish that I couldn’t understand. I let go of Tony’s hand and opened the book. The woman that was in most of the pictures was beautiful. She was kind of short like me and had long thick wavy raven black hair and her eyes were the color of dark chocolate. Near the end of the book a man started showing up in the picture and he was most definitely my dad. The last two pages the woman had a baby bump and the last picture was an ultrasound. I covered my mouth with my hand and leaned forward onto my knees and felt the tears start to flow again.

“Can I see them?” Andrew asked and I numbly handed him the book. He looked through it quickly then pulled me up into his arms and kissed the top of my head. “Shhshhshhshhshh…”

“He told me terrible things Andy.” I cried. “Horrible things… I’m gonna fucking kill him.” I hissed and pushed away from him. I ran back out to the car and plucked the keys from the ash tray and started the car but before I could move it someone opened the passenger door and sat in. I looked over and was surprised to see no one other that Tony.

“Before you tell me to get lost…” he said and buckled his seat belt “I am going with… to make sure you make it out alive.”

“Why would you care?” I muttered and started driving.

“Because that lady is like my second mom and she just got you back. I don’t want to see her go through the hurt of losing you so soon and… never mind.”
♠ ♠ ♠
and BOOM!!!!
y cuz i can and Im mean and i dunno...

Maria Fuentes:
Image

Nikita Moltov:
Image

Misha Moltov:
Image

Cyril:
Image

Andrew:
Image

~
Title Credit: All Time Low- Therapy