Status: I've already written most of this story and now it is just a matter of me uploading it... which might take a while because I have other stories in the process also.

Lost in the Echo

But we can't all be perfect

“Maria what happened to your face?” Nikita asked when he saw me. Everyone turned and looked at me with wide eyes.

“Um got into a fight with the asshole but he looks way worse than I do.” I said.

“Tone why didn’t you like stop this?” Jaime asked and lightly touched my cheek bone with his finger and I flinched. My entire face was a little sore.

“Antonio you don’t let ladies get” Mama started sto lecture him but I stopped everyone.

“It isn’t his fault.” I muttered. “I made him stay at the car. I can take care of myself you know.”

“We know but… what if you got hurt like last time?” Cyril asked and pulled me into a hug. “We are all the family we have Maria… our families left us. We aren’t going to find hidden cousins and aunts. We cant lose you.”

“What happened last time?” Mike asked.

“This.” I said and lifted my shirt to show the thick ten inch long scar that marred the skin there. “He was drunk… prolly tripping on something and tried to gut me like a fish. He forgot that Misha was going to be stopping by to pick me up for band practice.” I said quietly.

“Oh mija… how did he not get arrested for that?” Mama gasped and reached out to touch it.

“No evidence. That is what the cops said.” Misha growled. “She almost died and they said there was no evidence so that bastard got away with it.”

“Hey calm down fishie.” I said and patted his arm. “I aint dead.”

“As you constantly remind us with your terrible cooking.” Cyril sighed and I punched him in the arm.

“If you would get a damn job maybe we would’ve been able to afford a little more than ramen noodles!” I growled. “And at least I can cook!”

“Yeah well now we got a job.” he laughed.

“Yeah and we are gonna have to torture you to do any work.”

“Hey killer I hate to break the moment but we should get going.” Andrew laughed. “It is getting late.”

“Could she stay over?” Mama asked quietly. “I wanna spend some time with my niece.”

“Yeah I can.” I said and felt a small happy feeling grow in my chest. “You four idiots can find your way home right?”

“Yeah… you know you love us.” Nikita laughed and ruffled my hair.

“Mess with the hair again mister and I’ll break your hand and you don’t need it because you are voice.” I laughed.

“You are mean.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so a little warning not that I update regularily now but... shit just went down in my life right now and i promise to try my hardest to keep updating but there isnt a promise. I get a lot of support from my readers (intentionally or not). The fact that I have subscribers helps a bit and I am thanking you all right now because the 'support' keeps me sane and I love you all. <6663

~
Title Credit: Motionless in White- Undead Ahead