Sequel: Land Ahead.

Take Me to Neverland.

Introduction.

After putting mother and my youngest brother to sleep, I get dressed for another dreadful shift at the local tavern by the docks. Usually I never mind it; but tonight feels different. I don’t know what it is, but I have a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Hopefully, it’s nothing. Maybe I’m just over thinking things as usual.

I walk into the tavern and am instantly greeted but the shouting of the usual drunks. A frown appears on my lips when I see the place packed more than usual. I slip behind the bar and Annabel, my fellow barmaid, walks over to me. “He’s here tonight.” She says with a thick Irish accent.

“Who’s here?” I question here.

“Captain Hook.” She exclaims with her eyes going wide as if I should of known that. “He’s the infamous captain. He’s a ruthless one, that he is.”

“And let me guess, I’ve got to carter to his every wish?” I question her, already knowing the answer.

“He likes them young, Maggie.” She responds as she hands me a tray full of mead and various other things. A sigh escapes my lips as I take the heavy tray and head over to the table full of rowdy men.

“Here you go.” I kindly say as I put their beers down in front of them.

“Where’s Annabel?” The man with gorgeous blue eyes and hook for a hand asks me. “We like her better.”

“Well you’re stuck with me, now aren’t you?” I snap at him, causing the entire tavern to quiet down.

He looks at me with an amused look in his eyes. Slowly a smirk curves onto his lips. “What’s your name?”

“Maggie.” I reply with my voice calm and smooth; void of fear. “And let me guess, you’re the infamous Captain Hook.”

“Is that what they’re calling me?” He chuckles. “Name’s Killian Jones, m’lady.” He says, bowing his head.

“Look, I do not wish to continue small talk with you. I am only here to serve you and your disgusting crew for the remainder of the evening, Captain.” I bluntly tell him. “Will there be anything else you wish to have?”

“You have a disgust for sailors don’t you?” He questions me, looking me up and down.

“Doesn’t matter, what I hate or dislike.” I tell him. “Now if there isn’t anything else you wish to have, can I please go back to work?”

“You’re not like everyone here, are you?” He questions me, once again with a smirk on his lips. “You don’t wish to hear about the beautiful land I go to. You don’t wish to hear tales of the place where you don’t grow old; where the beautiful face of yours will never see a wrinkle? You don’t wish to hear about Neverland?” With the mention of the land, my body grew stiff, only causing the Captain’s smirk to grow. “Struck a nerve did I not?”

“That place is real huh?” I question him. “My father would tell me amazing folklore, but I never believed it.”

“Then sit down and hear the tales from a first hand account.” He smiles, gesturing to the chair beside him. I look at the chair before looking at him; narrowing my eyes a bit. A sigh escapes my lips as I walk over to him; sitting in the chair. “Now what would you like to hear?”

“Everything.” I smile innocently towards him; hiding my ulterior motive…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?