Sequel: Land Ahead.

Take Me to Neverland.

I'll never understand the meaning of the right

“Something is bothering you love.” Killian says, walking into the Captain’s room later that night. “You’ve been uncharacteristically quiet since we got to port; so spill darling.”

“Or what you’ll torture it out of me?” I ask, a smirk appearing on my lips, causing the captain to let out a hardy laugh.

“You’re never going to let me live down will you, darling?” He laughs some more, causing a geniue smile to appear on my lips. “But what’s really bothering you Maggie?”

“Have you ever heard of the fable The Scorpion and the Frog?” I ask him. “Because some old man was talking to me about it earlier today and it got me thinking about which one of us would be the scorpion in this.”

“That’s what’s bothering you?” He snorts. “A fable an old man told you.”

“What’s stopping us from killing each other?” I snap, jumping from my seat; Killian following suit. “What’s stopping me from killing you once we get to Neverland and what’s stopping you from throwing me off this ship? It’s not like we love each other, we barely know each other.”

“Maybe, maybe I do care about you.” He says, sounding offended. “Maybe you remind me of someone; someone close to my heart.”

“Milah.” I huff. “Is that the only reason why you agreed to let me come with you? Because of I remind you of some whore that left her family?” The question barely leaves my lips when Killian’s hand meets my cheek, leaving a sting in the wake. I look up and glare at him as tears prick at my eyes. “Typical pirate.” I snap before storming off; pushing pass Smee in the process.

Killian

Smee looks at Maggie as she storms out before looking at me with a confused look on his face. “What happened here?”

“Don’t ask.” I mutter before sitting back down, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Something is oblviously bothering you, sir.” He notes, “Care to share?”

“Do you think it’s possibly for me to care for Maggie?” I ask him. “Or am I just hanging onto Milah through her?”

“Only you can answer that Captain.” Smee states. “But I pray you figure it out soon or you’ll just lead that poor girl on.” I look up at him with raised eyebrow accompanying a questioning look. “You’re blind to not see how much she cares for you; she’ll blindly follow you into a fight if it means being with you…” He says before leaving me alone. A sigh escapes my lips as I lay back onto my bed; thinking about what he just said…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Angels Fall First by Nightwish

comment&subscribe? What do you think should happen next?

You should also read my Jefferson fanfic, Shadow Takes All. It doesn't get as much love as this fanfic does.